That’s what attracted me to it in the first place, getting parts as they come out, spread out the cost. It’s too bad that conditions have slowed the pace so much. It’s not their fault, but I really don’t want to be still waiting for parts three years from now, either.
TooCoolForZuul, oidoglr liked this
Ghostguy66 wrote: May 16th, 2022, 11:01 am I really don’t want to be still waiting for parts three years from now...
That's probably an overly optimistic timeline; I think they just took on way more than they could handle. Probably should have saved the legacy run for after they got the kinks worked out of production on the idealized version.

Once the Haslab packs start shipping next year, I imagine the waitlist for Mack's will thin out substantially.
Not really spreading the cost. You're adding hundreds in shipping. It be cheaper to buy at once and put it on a credit card. That being said , it was nice to get a a few small parts to see the quality. It's not beneficial to mack factory either, if I was sitting on their shell for a few years I'd probably finish it with someone else's parts.
By Q-man
ccv66 wrote: May 16th, 2022, 3:54 pm Not really spreading the cost. You're adding hundreds in shipping. It be cheaper to buy at once and put it on a credit card. That being said , it was nice to get a a few small parts to see the quality. It's not beneficial to mack factory either, if I was sitting on their shell for a few years I'd probably finish it with someone else's parts.
I'm worried that is the case. If everyone had the shell today most of us have some if not all the other parts to finish it, but we are all buying what we can to at least have something from them. Like why's the motherboard still not available it's very easy to reproduce. frustration got all are minds wondering for answers.
Q-man wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 12:53 am I'm worried that is the case. If everyone had the shell today most of us have some if not all the other parts to finish it, but we are all buying what we can to at least have something from them. Like why's the motherboard still not available it's very easy to reproduce. frustration got all are minds wondering for answers.
I believe as Mack's is doing an electronics kit too, he's working out all the mounting points so the mobo can be installed with no additional drilling etc needed, so until that's nailed down I guess the mobo won't come out.
Anyone hear anything from these guys? I've asked a few times over on their facebook group about progress on the shells to no response. At this point, I am not buying anything else until my shell becomes available. It's crazy how long it's taking at this point.
I’m seriously doubting that they will ever put out all the parts they’ve promised. We haven’t heard a peep from them in months, and when we did, it was just a lot of excuses as to why they can’t get anything out. The last item was announced on February 16th. It’s been crickets since. I get that there are supply chain issues, but it’s about to tip into Anovos level bullsh*t really soon if they keep this up. Maybe Sony needs to reevaluate their license with them. At least we haven’t prepaid for any of this stuff. I really hope they get moving soon, or at least communicate with us more. I’m not jumping ship yet, but I’m certainly eyeing up the lifeboats.
Ghostguy66 wrote: June 19th, 2022, 4:03 pm I’m seriously doubting that they will ever put out all the parts they’ve promised. We haven’t heard a peep from them in months, and when we did, it was just a lot of excuses as to why they can’t get anything out. The last item was announced on February 16th. It’s been crickets since. I get that there are supply chain issues, but it’s about to tip into Anovos level bullsh*t really soon if they keep this up. Maybe Sony needs to reevaluate their license with them. At least we haven’t prepaid for any of this stuff. I really hope they get moving soon, or at least communicate with us more. I’m not jumping ship yet, but I’m certainly eyeing up the lifeboats.
There was a huge announcement at the end of March regarding the Legacy items, including the gun. They are dedicating insane amounts of time and energy into these items, and I know that Aaron and his team are doing their best. Parts are cast in small batches to preserve detail in the molds and they are building stock so when parts are released there will enough to fill orders.
ANOVOS not only took money and delayed pre-oders but the final product was Shoddy. Mack's Factory has released quality stuff that could still be used on other builds.

I don't get people throwing their arms up in the air saying "they're done" then selling the parts they've already required? The Bellows alone is the most accurate replica to date.
Aaron and his team have always been top notch, I got a label kit and a bellow from them before they became official vendors and they are top quality. Then more recently, I got their official decal/dry transfer kit, which is top quality too and was fast delivered (I'm located in France).
I also got to contact Aaron a few times by email and he always has been super responsive and of great help.
Personally I don't mind waiting for the parts as I know how complicated it can be to produce on such a large scale.
Q-man liked this
Mack's Factory doesn't really owe us updates. They've laid out their plans and what they will offer, they hold the Ghostbusters license, and are moving forward (obviously at a pace some are frustrated with). The fact is that this is a large endeavour, and we've seen time and time again that even the smallest of projects take time, much of the time with luxury items like this more time than anticipated.

They've taken no one's money upfront, and everything they've produced has been top quality and compatible with any other proton pack of quality. Honestly the rate at which so many folks grow impatient and throw their hands up I'm surprised anyone wants to produce anything of quality for the Ghostbusters prop community.
ccv66, Kingpin liked this
Really? Impatient? I pre-ordered the shell well over a year ago and remain at 86th on the list...still nothing. Meanwhile I've spent a lot of money on the other items expecting the shell would follow soon yet still nothing.

I'm currently out hundreds of dollars and at this rate by the time all the parts are ready I'll be too old to use the darn thing.
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
I'm not mad, but I'am frustrated and impatient. Especially after seeing how awesome they're other stuff is. I already have a couple packs, but if this was your first pack I could see people pulling their hair out. It seems like I've been drooling over their legacy pack for a very long time. What can you do? Where else are you going to get a laser scanned or direct casting shell?

They don't owe us anything. However they are holding the licence preventing other companies from producing shells. People have already invested in their parts. They really should at the least give us monthly updates. As long as they keep giving us quality parts I'll try not to complain

Hasbro is a huge company and they took money for a pack that is a year out.

Anovos straight up liars and thieves.
Agreed. I'm not mad, just disappointed. However I do feel they owe us routine updates as we've already invested money on a promise of a unique bolt together option that even a first time builder like me would be proud to build and own. I have thought many times about cutting my losses and trying to recoup some of the money spent by selling off what have already purchased but I keep buying the damg parts hoping tthey'll get their act together and start releasing some product soon.

What really sucks is that they've been silent on any updates via their site or customer contacts. What little information they have released is via facebook to which I can't access as I don't do social media. Upates whether good news or bad are always better than not knowing at all.
Last edited by kahuna900 on October 19th, 2022, 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kahuna900 wrote: July 29th, 2022, 10:41 pm Really? Impatient? I pre-ordered the shell well over a year ago and remain at 86th on the list...still nothing.
Yes, impatient. Also, please clarify, did you pre-order or get on the interest list? As they're two very different things.

I'm number 4 on his interest list, at least for the idealized shell and passed up the opportunity to purchase one. Additionally, quality takes time. Whereas many of Mack's metal parts are being factory made, and are easier to push out, the resin and fiberglass items are being hand laid to an absurd degree of precision and quality.

I waited well over a year for my first shell after actual payment, it's normal for a wait time for a luxury item like this - And he hasn't kept anyone from making shells. I believe Proton Props offers an exceptional line of shells that would be 100% compatible with the parts you've already ordered and received.

As for updates only being available through social media? So... Bookmark the page. Is it not public? You can get your updates and still not sign up for social media.

Part of building a proton pack is problem solving and patience, fellas. Pull back on the ol' hyperbolic lever, relax, get what you can and when you can.

And if it's too much, sell off your bits and make way. Simple as that, but making a big to-do about it won't change anything - Including Mack's release windows.
Kingpin, mike_waclo, tobycj and 1 others liked this
JamminJP45 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:12 am The idealized proton pack shell is now listed at $495.99 wish I could have got one of the original batch ones for $100 less.
It’s been so long, I don’t remember what the previous price was. I hope the price increase reflects an intention to begin having them available soon.
By kahuna900
Ghostguy66 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 5:56 pm
JamminJP45 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:12 am The idealized proton pack shell is now listed at $495.99 wish I could have got one of the original batch ones for $100 less.
It’s been so long, I don’t remember what the previous price was. I hope the price increase reflects an intention to begin having them available soon.
The previous price was $395.99. I wonder if they will honor that price for the people that have been on the waiting list since March 2021.
kahuna900 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:01 pm The previous price was $395.99. I wonder if they will honor that price for the people that have been on the waiting list since March 2021.
I’m willing to bet that the new price is for all those who have yet to order a shell. I only hope that it stays fixed long enough for everyone to get the same price point.
Last edited by Kingpin on October 4th, 2022, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote coding
By Kingpin
Ghostguy66 wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 5:02 pm I only hope that it stays fixed long enough for everyone to get the same price point.
In an ideal world, that would be the case... But if the materials Mack uses to make the shells become more expensive between now and when the run is eventually retired, then he'll have to adjust the shell pricetag accordingly.
By tobycj
Ghostguy66 wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 5:02 pm
kahuna900 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:01 pm The previous price was $395.99. I wonder if they will honor that price for the people that have been on the waiting list since March 2021.
I’m willing to bet that the new price is for all those who have yet to order a shell. I only hope that it stays fixed long enough for everyone to get the same price point.
No one has ordered a shell yet, they've signed up to an interest list. If his prices for materials have gone up since the list started then I'd fully expect the prices for all shells to go up, rather than him eat the difference.
By kahuna900
tobycj wrote: October 4th, 2022, 2:10 pm
Ghostguy66 wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 5:02 pm I’m willing to bet that the new price is for all those who have yet to order a shell. I only hope that it stays fixed long enough for everyone to get the same price point.
No one has ordered a shell yet, they've signed up to an interest list. If his prices for materials have gone up since the list started then I'd fully expect the prices for all shells to go up, rather than him eat the difference.

It's a waiting list, not an interest list. When I was put on the wait list last year, the price was $395.99. If they ask me to pay an additional $100 after waiting over a year... then I'm sad to say that I will end my interest in the entire Mack's Factory catalog and try to recoup what I've spent by selling the parts I've already purchased.

As it stand now, looks like I'll have the Haslab pack in my hands before anything substantial is released from Mack's Factory.
By tobycj
Either way, you've put no money down, you've not entered into any sort of contract with Mack's, so if his material costs have increased in the meantime why would he honour the old price and lose money? You've got to remember this is one guy doing this and fronting all the development and material costs up front, not some big corporation who have huge bank balances.
By kahuna900
tobycj wrote: October 4th, 2022, 5:21 pm Either way, you've put no money down, you've not entered into any sort of contract with Mack's, so if his material costs have increased in the meantime why would he honour the old price and lose money? You've got to remember this is one guy doing this and fronting all the development and material costs up front, not some big corporation who have huge bank balances.

Oh but I have put money down, nearly $500 on the few items they have released as I was expecting a shell would arrive at some point. But it's not just the shell, I understand he has problems getting the shell manufactured but where are all the other parts? At this rate it will take 10 years to receive all the parts needed to complete this project.

I don't know why people are so defensive of this guy, he hasn't even posted an update on the Facebook page since February. Last October he posted about the factory producing a successful test of the shells and then "Ding"... nothing!!

It's a real shame, I was really drawn to this design that was already painted and could be assembled with all the provided hardware, but unfortunately I think the time has come to cut my losses and move on.

Good luck to all the members who continue to wait on Mack's Factory. I really hope things change soon and you actually get what you've been waiting for.
But you can use the parts you've already purchased on literally any other pack. The instructions even explain how to put each part on a non-Mack's build. Sure, it'll be a tad disappointing to not have a 100% Mack Pack, but it beats having 3/4 of an Eaglemoss Ecto-1 that I will never get finished. Not bitter about that at all.

I'll have the Hasbro pack in a year or so to goof around with in the meantime, but I'm still holding out for the rest of Mack's parts because I'm a shallow nincompoop that wants that silly "official" certificate. And because if they see it to completion, it's going to be an incredible pack.

Their communication has been embarrassingly bad, though. Hoping months of silence means they've wisened up on that front and are only going to speak up when they have new products. Promising things soon and failing to deliver is way more frustrating than saying nothing at all.
seekandannoy, deadderek liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]