This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By buster126
Hey guys, I got a random idea in my head recently trying to replicate the effect of the proton stream as a practical static prop.
I'm thinking of getting some EL Lights, a center orange and outer blue that twirls around the central one. I would have them coming out the wand and extending for no more than 2 ft for practical reasons. The EL lights would culminate to a small Super Mario Brothers ghost plush where they will wrap around it to replicate the "catch".

It will be static (besides the glow effect of the wire)and basically a 2ft extension of the wand. My only problem so far is figuring out how to support the 2ft structure. I need some sort of armature. The small plush and light wires weigh next to nothing, so that helps. Any ideas? My thoughts are some kind of sturdy wire sort of like a fishing rod type structure that droops.

Another idea would be some kind of transparent plastic tube or rod. I just don't know where to get either of these items.
By UEF
I don't know why someone hasn't done one with a laser yet. Blue encircled by small paths of orange. They'd be straight obviously, but better than nothing, and the technology is cheap as chips
By buster126
UEF wrote: July 13th, 2022, 2:16 pm I don't know why someone hasn't done one with a laser yet. Blue encircled by small paths of orange. They'd be straight obviously, but better than nothing, and the technology is cheap as chips
Well you can't see the laser at all unless there is some kind of particles in the air, the only thing you would see would be the small dot where it hits the surface its pointing at. Plus it would be somewhat dangerous, can't go around in a crowd with the possibility of blasting peoples faces with a bunch of high power lasers.
By UEF
buster126 wrote: July 13th, 2022, 4:56 pm
UEF wrote: July 13th, 2022, 2:16 pm I don't know why someone hasn't done one with a laser yet. Blue encircled by small paths of orange. They'd be straight obviously, but better than nothing, and the technology is cheap as chips
Well you can't see the laser at all unless there is some kind of particles in the air, the only thing you would see would be the small dot where it hits the surface its pointing at. Plus it would be somewhat dangerous, can't go around in a crowd with the possibility of blasting peoples faces with a bunch of high power lasers.
There are solid lasers now that works in most lighting conditions
By buster126
At first glance this is pretty decent! I need a splitter cable now to simplify the batteries. And the armature to be able to move around without the "ghost" pinned to the surroundings. With a little tape I can make the blue wire wrap and coil around the orange stream a bit better I think, also around the ghost.

Now I'm thinking I could get one of those fiber optic bunches of strand lights and place it on the tip of the barrel to simulate the initial blast out of the barrel. But for now I'm gonna work on my current idea.
Last edited by Kingpin on July 15th, 2022, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]