By FelixPack_GB
Hmmmm I was wondering but someone in the thread asked when other people ordered theirs and how long they have waited well I ordered my pack back in May and I got a few emails about the battery and little things I asked about but recently haven’t had any responses and I do know he is a one man army on these packs and honestly I don’t blame him if he takes a few breaks because it’s probably a pain to wake up go to work go home spend a little time with family like he said and then sleep but if he does read this I’m guessing all we want is just pictures for confirmation even if they are being worked on :)
CitizenBuster liked this
By nevenkman
I'd also like to chime in here...

I am the owner of the first Proton Props Heritage 84' Venkman pack. I am going to be posting a full thread of the story behind the pack and the journey David and I went on from my first message to him to the delivery of the pack I received last week.

I can say with 100% certainty, that David is a stand up person and absolutely a special talent in the prop building community. He has a ton of his plate, and no one should be worrying about whether or not they are going to get their pack/shell/etc from him. Patience is the name of the game here.

I got into this with him in the Fall of 2020, and in my specific case, my pack took almost two full years to complete. Most of this was because we had to switch up a few things along the way as my original commission morphed into something much more spectacular as time went on. I was very patient with him, and he always kept his word in showing me updates (regardless of the amount i bugged him) even if it took a day or so to respond.

He's a one man shop, and as of right now that's how it's going to stay. So my advice for those who have pending orders with him. Be patient. The end product is well worth the wait, and I am so excited for myself to show you some of the photos I am having taken in front of a very special location here in New York City in the coming days...

This community is amazing, and every person here and elsewhere who contributes to making parts, sharing builds and information, or the prop makers building things for sale all help make this place and this hobby what it is. Without you all I wouldn't have my childhood dream of having this pack created become a reality.
CitizenBuster, FelixPack_GB, Nighty80 and 1 others liked this
By Venkman1984
that was very well put. my question is you already have the Venkman heritage pack that he just started promoting like 3 weeks ago? Is it the one from the video with the comments turned off?
By FelixPack_GB
David or anyone from Proton props if you see this I want you all to know that you are amazing the packs look amazing even if it takes a very long time but I’m super happy people like you spend time to make packs for people like me and other customers because some of us don’t have the know how of how to make them so it can open up for people to own a cheap and amazing pack :)
CitizenBuster liked this
By nevenkman
Venkman1984 wrote: September 16th, 2022, 8:12 pm that was very well put. my question is you already have the Venkman heritage pack that he just started promoting like 3 weeks ago? Is it the one from the video with the comments turned off?

Yes, that is my pack.
By nevenkman
Venkman1984 wrote: September 16th, 2022, 8:55 pm That pack is BEAUTIFUL
Thanks! It’s absolutely perfect. As close to the actual screen used pack’s from the original film. It’s hard to believe how good it is in person.

The first Mack’s Factory Legacy shell used in a full build. An absolute gem.

Can’t wait to share a special photoshoot I’m doing with it down in the city in the coming days. Stay tuned!

CitizenBuster, FelixPack_GB, tobycj and 1 others liked this
By nevenkman
CitizenBuster wrote: September 16th, 2022, 9:45 pm That thing does look so incredible. You're probably the most hated and envied person to strap on a pack right now, lol.
It tops out at 27lbs. Not bad! But still heavy as f***. Still not used to strapping it on my back!
DoctorPepper, Nighty80 liked this
By DoctorPepper
I purchased a 84 pack in January. Our communication was great. I hoped it would be a 3-4 month period but shit happens. I believe the wait is worth it. Rock on Dave.
tobycj, FelixPack_GB liked this
By nevenkman
Venkman1984 wrote:Yea I like it. Looks almost as good as this one ...almost. https://indierevolver.com/2016/04/13/th ... -pictures/
I hope all the customers are as satisfied after such a long wait. also that a magnoli? i have one myself love em.
That pack is the gold standard and was a huge inspiration to me and David from Proton Props. But to be honest, he used a Bosh shell, and mine having the Mack's Factory Legacy shell brings that direct screen used lineage to it beyond just the bumper, and other parts.

Also, I think we nailed the ribbon cable twist better than he did on that build above. But as far as attention to detail, true vintage pieces no matter how small, and the insanely beautiful weathering he did. It's an unreal pack for sure.

My suit was custom made by a buddy of mine who is currently going to be offering suits for sale and made here in the United States. Fully screen accurate, GB1 100% cotton ripstop fabric. Mine was an early prototype, and is actually missing the outside fabric on the front zipper, so im planning on having another one made.

Anyway, didn't mean to derail this thread...but i want all those here who are frustrated with their progress to just understand David is a great dude, and honest dude and will get to all packs he has in the queue right now. I had to wait a while, and there were times it was indeed frustrating, but all is well that ends well.
DoctorPepper, roigroigroig, Nighty80 and 2 others liked this
By FelixPack_GB
nevenkman wrote: September 17th, 2022, 3:27 pm
Venkman1984 wrote:Yea I like it. Looks almost as good as this one ...almost. https://indierevolver.com/2016/04/13/th ... -pictures/
I hope all the customers are as satisfied after such a long wait. also that a magnoli? i have one myself love em.
That pack is the gold standard and was a huge inspiration to me and David from Proton Props. But to be honest, he used a Bosh shell, and mine having the Mack's Factory Legacy shell brings that direct screen used lineage to it beyond just the bumper, and other parts.

Also, I think we nailed the ribbon cable twist better than he did on that build above. But as far as attention to detail, true vintage pieces no matter how small, and the insanely beautiful weathering he did. It's an unreal pack for sure.

My suit was custom made by a buddy of mine who is currently going to be offering suits for sale and made here in the United States. Fully screen accurate, GB1 100% cotton ripstop fabric. Mine was an early prototype, and is actually missing the outside fabric on the front zipper, so im planning on having another one made.

Anyway, didn't mean to derail this thread...but i want all those here who are frustrated with their progress to just understand David is a great dude, and honest dude and will get to all packs he has in the queue right now. I had to wait a while, and there were times it was indeed frustrating, but all is well that ends well.
Is there a way you could notify me or something about the uniforms that are eventually going to be up for sale and yea David is a really nice guy and Im so happy he is making my pack couldn’t ask for a better person to do it :)
By Ackbar
I ordered my pack in August 2020 and I have to say, that he kept me always up to date, sent me pictures and even some videos. He seems to be very reliable. My only concern is, that mine got shipped two months ago and it didn´t arrive in Germany yet.
By Ackbar
Unfortunately no, but another item from England was two months on its way, too. And it had a quarter of the size of the pack. So I think thats actual a common problem. Another cause could be that german customs isn't amused about a unlicensed nuclear accelerator^^
By GaudinosWheels
Ackbar wrote: September 19th, 2022, 10:44 am I ordered my pack in August 2020 and I have to say, that he kept me always up to date, sent me pictures and even some videos. He seems to be very reliable. My only concern is, that mine got shipped two months ago and it didn´t arrive in Germany yet.
Wow, so yours took best part of two years from commission to shipping?
By nevenkman
Ackbar wrote: September 19th, 2022, 10:44 am I ordered my pack in August 2020 and I have to say, that he kept me always up to date, sent me pictures and even some videos. He seems to be very reliable. My only concern is, that mine got shipped two months ago and it didn´t arrive in Germany yet.
Wow...he shipped my pack here to New York and it literally took two days from his location in the UK to my house here in NY.
CitizenBuster liked this
By CitizenBuster
I'm sure there was some terrible line of events that caused production to take nearly 2 years. And also sure those problems have been sorted out, and all pack orders will be finished and shipped well before 2 years...I hope.
By Ackbar
Yeah, the commission fell into the climax of Covid and everything went down...
My main concern is that my pack got lost...
By Ackbar
Well, it took a while for an answer (he seems to be very busy these days) but I got the message that there was a problem with paperwork which explains the delay and -most important- the beauty isnt't lost :-)
By FelixPack_GB
Ok so am I the only one who can’t send a message to proton props on Facebook I’m hoping it’s just a glitch and I’ll be as nice as possible throughout the process but I agree with a lot of people on here that I feel like I’m being ghosted and we still haven’t gotten any update photos yet and I almost guarantee that it is being worked on but I haven’t seen a email about pack updates so how am I supposed to know but rant aside I’m happy that someone is at least willing to take the time to make them
By GaudinosWheels
I’d probably suggest emailing rather than go through FB. I had some joy going through the email address on the proton props website.

Hope that helps.
By mrmichaelt
FelixPack_GB wrote:Ok so am I the only one who can’t send a message to proton props on Facebook I’m hoping it’s just a glitch and I’ll be as nice as possible throughout the process but I agree with a lot of people on here that I feel like I’m being ghosted and we still haven’t gotten any update photos yet and I almost guarantee that it is being worked on but I haven’t seen a email about pack updates so how am I supposed to know but rant aside I’m happy that someone is at least willing to take the time to make them
Dave has given his email on this thread but it is: protonpropsuk@gmail.com
By Nighty80
For what it’s worth, I emailed 29/06, 27/08, 18/09, 22/09 and sent a message via the contact form on his website (that uses the same email address) on Sat 24/09 - no reply. Either he doesn’t monitor that inbox, or is ignoring me. I prefer to believe the former, but am becoming increasingly anxious it’s the latter.
However, others report they have managed to contact Dave via hit IG recently, so it might be worth creating an account on there.
roigroigroig liked this
Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]