By Tigress_Ren
So around halloween last year I got bit by a ghostbuster bug and just had to start this project. Always loved ghostbusters, but never really dived into it past watching the movies. ...which is also why I havent shared till now because I was late to find this forum. Anyways, I know it's not "true" to anything, but I wanted something that perhaps non-GBfans would recognize. Scraped together in the 3 weeks between halloween and the release of Afterlife, this is what I came up with:

I plan on starting a costume this year. I've found a flightsuit that fits, ordered some patches, acquired a belt that will work, and downloaded plans for a diy proton pack. I might make a quick scrap build cardboard ghost trap shell for my RC car. But also, I've been adding touches to the bike. Blue beacons and control switches are the highlights. Theres also a green glow coming from the control box, but it's hard to see during the day. My stand-in for a "trap" shoots laser patterns and runs off a switched inverter. It makes for a pretty cool sidewalk prop with all the lights running.

The tail box was mostly for testing. I had just secured the beacons for a ride, and if they didnt want to stay put I would have a place to put them. Luckily I didnt need the box, which is good because I think it detracts from the ecto look. Unfortunately I developed a short in one of the beacon wires. Probrably too close to an engine head. All fused and protected, so the bike electronics are all still fine. Will check it out later this week and keep this updated once I finish the suit and get more/better pictures of its current state.

I'd be interested to know what additions might look good. For example, the clear half dome dish? But I'm not sure thatd look too good while I'm actually on the bike. Thanks for looking.
Last edited by Tigress_Ren on December 2nd, 2023, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ccv66, mardin_chatzuk, Macktacular and 1 others liked this
By Tigress_Ren
I've done as much research as I can regarding light legality without actually talking to a cop. What IS legal: ground lights are allowed in any color, provided they dont flash and you cant see the bulb, and they dont ticket here for having colored lenses on your vehicle like they do in the UK (even if the bulbs are non functional). Besides that, "for show" lights are allowed so long as they are only run on private property, or while parked in a parking lot.

Civilians are allowed to maintain blue-lit vehicles for use in volunteer emergency work such as fire/rescue, but arent allowed to use them while not an emergency.

I havent been able to find any info on it yet, but within the last year plenty of work trucks have started running blue/amber strobes. Not just city and road equipment. Civilians towing trailers of lawn equipment, with front facing blue strobes flashing while driving, not just while parked. Coupled with amber, but still. Kinda weird.

I'm actually hoping my mounting location helps me not get mistaken for a police bike, as they're nearly invisible from the front or rear. On top of that, the lights are designed as forklift marker lights, and are pretty abysmal at lighting up a dark ally. You wouldnt see much blue flashing from around a corner. They've got an older incandescent "green" tinge to them too when lit.

Basicly, if I'm not running them on the road as a persuit, emergency, or traffic control vehicle, I'll be just fine.

But as a hail-Mary, I've also wired plugs to the base of each beacon so they can be un-wired and removed from the bike in an instant if need be. The only light I'm really worried about is the red marker light indicating power being drawn from the bike (I make sure its OFF while the bike isnt running). It can technically be considered front-facing while I'm not on the bike (my leg covers it while riding) and it's brighter than I'd like. Planning on painting the outer edge black so it's more of a smaller upward pointing dot.
By Tigress_Ren
Photo dump update for my own reference, as my posts hardly get any traffic.

Details of lights added in early October 2022:
Green is subtle, blue beacons are only 200 candlepower. Neither can berily be seen during the day. They are on for every picture that follows.

Was able to aquire a flightsuit before Halloween 2022 and met up with EctoTx at a Harley-Davidson hosted Halloween meetup:

October 2023 I finished a cardboard left-handed proton pack for use with the moyorcycle cosplay. After it was weathered the bike looked too "new," so the saddlebags were weathered as well before I got my dad to help me with a photoshoot around Thanksgiving. Enjoy.

Parts and costume peices are stored until February when the next movie launches.

Cardboard Packbuild Post:
viewtopic.php?t=51285
By Macktacular
I think you did an excellent job, it totally looks the part! I think all it's missing are some customplates, and maybe a cheap helmet with some goggly tech-bits glued to it. Or you could just buy a monstrosity like this already made and just paint it to look bashed together.

Really like the lighting job, would love to see a video of the laser effect in action.
Tigress_Ren liked this
By Tigress_Ren
Macktacular wrote:I think you did an excellent job, it totally looks the part! I think all it's missing are some custom plates, and maybe a cheap helmet with some goggly tech-bits glued to it. Or you could just buy a monstrosity like this already made and just paint it to look bashed together.

Really like the lighting job, would love to see a video of the laser effect in action.
Haha, thanks. Someone on youtube sugested a custom helmet painted up to look like Slimer, but Im not sure itd look good in practice. Maybe for display, but not for riding around. Im not sure I like the idea of any helmet as part of the costume, but the one I have isnt horrible.

The bike is my daily driver and gets the ecto parts removed when not in season. Not too woried about a vanity plate. As for the lights, no video yet. The unit is pretty old and the light doesnt dance or move like it should anymore. But it still makes for a good sidewalk prop setup.

Thanks for the interest. ^_^
Macktacular liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]