For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By zeta otaku
Spinning this off into it's own thread as to not clutter up the news/general discussion thread for the game.

We're a week out and unless we get a MAJOR info dump between now and launch, let's just lay out what we want to see that we haven't yet... within the confines of what we KNOW we are and aren't getting. No "I want a comprehensive storyline!". This isn't that game. Sorry.

We know we're getting the standard gear (packs, traps, PKE meter) and a grapple hook as well as upgrades for everything. A couple alternate pieces of gear I'd like to see is the gigameter and ecto goggles. The way I'd want them to work would be the goggles to show the vapor trails of PKE the ghost leaves behind and let the player see if an object is haunted or possessed by the actual ghost. The gigameter would be hard to differentiate from the PKE meter as far as game mechanics go, but I'd like it to be a decent alternative to the PKE as well. Maybe have it have a faster scan time and longer detection range but without the ability to tell the difference of what's being tracked.

I hope we're able to equip RGB gear... a week ago I would've said "nah, not possible", but the fact that they licensed "Spirit" as the music for the ghost selection section of the game, but now my skepticism has been lowered.
By jonogunn
I have some minor customization wants but I don’t think will be in the game.

1) the ability to choose between holstering the gun back on the pack when doing things like use PKE Meter or hanging it off the belt fob.

2) cyclotron light styles?

3) why no Alice frame waist strap? Having an option to have it strapped on or hanging off would be cool
By zeta otaku
It'll be interesting to see how other players look when using the PKE, for sure. Light cycles could be possible or may change due to specific upgrades. As for 3, I think not having that strap was intentional. They'd have to debate between the GB1 thin belt or the GB2 belt, then they'd have to contend with calculating how rotund players may make their characters on top of the different flightsuit options for both. Then again, it could just be one of those things that was TOTALLY overlooked.
Firstly… Less than a week and no previews… no ghost gameplay, no reveal of all the different ghost types, more stages etc. I am concerned we’re only getting 3-4 maps at launch (Museum, Prison, Bar). I’m concerned. I’d expect preview impressions from the press events by the end of the week at least.

What I want, aside from it being a good game, is RGB equipment, mainly an accurate RGB PKE meter. That would be a dream as I never thought we’d see that side of the franchise get any acknowledgement.

Aside from that I’d like a roadmap and battle pass with additional ghosts and maps added from across the IP as well as original cosmetics and content. There is so much they could pull from. I wonder if we’d get ‘elite’ customisation skins which incorporate characters from the movies/series. Lots of potential.
By zeta otaku
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: October 12th, 2022, 1:53 am Firstly… Less than a week and no previews… no ghost gameplay, no reveal of all the different ghost types, more stages etc. I am concerned we’re only getting 3-4 maps at launch (Museum, Prison, Bar). I’m concerned. I’d expect preview impressions from the press events by the end of the week at least.

What I want, aside from it being a good game, is RGB equipment, mainly an accurate RGB PKE meter. That would be a dream as I never thought we’d see that side of the franchise get any acknowledgement.

Aside from that I’d like a roadmap and battle pass with additional ghosts and maps added from across the IP as well as original cosmetics and content. There is so much they could pull from. I wonder if we’d get ‘elite’ customisation skins which incorporate characters from the movies/series. Lots of potential.
RGB equipment would be AMAZING. We do already know the jumpsuits are in the game, so who knows. As far as character skins... the most I can see us getting are costume pieces like hair styles similar to the actors and the RGB characters (I will be outright SHOCKED if we don't get RGB Egon or Peter's hair as options).

I do hope we get SOME DLC for the game. While for the $40 price tag, I'm fine with what we're getting, I'd be lying if I said I don't want more
jonogunn, Chicken, He Clucked and -1 others liked this
People would throw down $20 each for OGB skins. They’d make bank so can see them doing so down the line. Predator HG had a respectable amount of post launch skins - I think they even recently got a Prey skin - (even if some fans are unhappy about patch support for bugs and glitches).
By ProtonGame
jonogunn wrote: October 11th, 2022, 5:24 am I have some minor customization wants but I don’t think will be in the game.

1) the ability to choose between holstering the gun back on the pack when doing things like use PKE Meter or hanging it off the belt fob.

2) cyclotron light styles?

3) why no Alice frame waist strap? Having an option to have it strapped on or hanging off would be cool

What's interesting about this game is that it's made by the people who made the Friday the 13th game. That game didn't really sell all-that well, but the game tech itself is what Dead by Daylight is based off of. Friday the 13th the game and Dead by Daylight are basically the same game. So, whatever customization we get will likely be things like what you mentioned - especially for updates - and you know that they read these boards, just like everyone like who gets a Ghostbusters license.
Friday is way better than DbD though sadly unsupported.

From a game promotion cycle perspective, the promotion they’re doing is severely underwhelming. It’s not a great sign. They mentioned a ghost preview… where is it? They just never did it!
By Rookie99
I hope in the future there are DLC packs that include more locations and ghosts from the films. It could be cool to play as the Scholeris or have Central Park West as a map. Heck, the Summerville mines would be fun to run around in, though since that's in Oklahoma it might not make sense.
By timeware
Like I said before there are a few things I'd like right now.

-The ability to see gamer tags through the walls during jobs
-Being able to customize your name tag other then the default gamer tag title.
-The remote control Trap? Did Illfonic forget to add that yet?

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]