Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Here’s a cool article from NYT that I just happen to come across & thought it would be fun to share.

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/12/25/busi ... ers&st=cse

It’s about how hard proton packs were to find in the 1987 Christmas season. Just a cool little reminder of how much this franchise use to rule the zeitgeist. Imagine a GB toy in 2022 being the must have item of the year? Now that would be cool

Note that they call the proton pack the “ghost zapper”
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
Now I am really grateful, I was able to find a Kenner Proton Pack at a toy store about an hour or so driving distance from my home in Albany NY (where I lived at the time) in late summer/early fall of 1987. Like getting the first series of action figures in The Real Ghostbusters toy line, this was an item that I wanted really badly, and I was thrilled to finally have it in my hands that afternoon when my parents purchased it for me. Never would have guessed it was a must have Christmas toy back in the 1980's.
I followed the link but I'm maxed out on free NYT articles so I can't read it without subscribing.

But there actually was a Kenner RGB toy called a Ghost Zapper. It wasn't a proton pack, it was more like a stylized thrower which would project ghost images on the wall.

Alex
Kingpin liked this
Alex Newborn wrote: October 31st, 2022, 9:07 pm I followed the link but I'm maxed out on free NYT articles so I can't read it without subscribing.

But there actually was a Kenner RGB toy called a Ghost Zapper. It wasn't a proton pack, it was more like a stylized thrower which would project ghost images on the wall.

Alex
Yeah they mention that product and conflate it with the proton pack. If you want to read the article and you have an iPad or IPhone. Turn off JavaScript. It’ll get you thru(at least it use to for me before I bought a subscription). Turning off JavaScript might work on a regular computer too, I duno. I just know it worked for me before.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]