Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By GBFreek83
In Ghostbusters 1, right after the library scene in the beginning, Egon and Ray are talking when Peter runs up behind them and asks Egon if he's serious about catching ghosts. When Egon says yes, Peter says "y'know, I take back everything negative I said about you in the past..." then he pulls something out of his pocket and gives it to Egon saying "you...you've earned it...", then Ray smiles...what IS that he gives him!?!? When I was young I thought it was a chocolate bar, lol, but now that I look, it looks like a folded length-wise dollar bill. Anybody ever zoom in on it or something? I can't zoom on my DVD player, which is lame...or maybe there's a way I just haven't found it yet. Anybody know?
By GBFreek83
are you sure? How can you tell? lol
By Spanish_GB
Its a Crunch bar.
By wkbarkov
I know its some type of candy bar, not sure what i'd have to watch the movie again.
By RoboProp
Yep, it's a Crunch bar.

Darrin
By Kingpin
Nestle Crunch Bar, to be exact. :wink:
By UltimateGBfan
As Kingpin above and all the others have said its a Crunch bar.
By secrecyguy
I believe it was actually changed twice. It was one kind in the theater but they change it when it went on the video. I see if I can find that information.
By fifth_beatle
How would they change it - by digitally altering it?? You could still tell the shape though, a Crunch Bar and a Payday look nothing alike.
By ghostbusterjason
ok i just watched that scene paused and zoomed in it is infact a crunch bar
By GBFreek83
lol...well, quite the research I caused there! Thanks for helping me solve the mystery! That's still pretty strange that Venkman would give Spengler a chocolate bar! lol, oh well, they ARE the Ghostbusters! :D
By Dr. K Peterson
Egon's a sugar-holic like me...! :lol

Note the Twinkie, and him eating the pink 'snowball' while studying the PKE valences of Draverhaven's ghosts in the comic miniseries...
By GBFreek83
that's a very good point about him being a sugarholic!! Yet he maintains his scientistic figure!
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
Ramis wanted to establish that Egon was always snacking in the movie as one of his character traits, just like he tried to conciously not smile through the first movie. A little trivia for you Spengler fans out there.
By GBFreek83
Ooo, these are neat, more, more...maybe i'll start up a Ghostbusters Factoid Board hehe. that'd be neat no? That's cool, I never noticed that he never really smiled...even though his character has the "flare" to be a "nice" guy. Actors are cool in developing their characters! :) Keep the facts comin' guys!!
By giantsloar
A cruch bar? I'll have to watch it again I always thought it was a twinkie. I thought Egon was just a big twinkie fan, with that and the twinkie later on.
By uscm buzz
yea it always looked like he was given egon a reward.. like good boy.
By nice_shootin_tex
Heyall, how is THIS for a first post! I like goofy stuff like this so... here it goes.

It is indeed a CRUNCH bar. Check it out:
First picture is a screen cap. Second is a close up of said Egon reward. I flipped the image upside down so as to clearly read the word CRUNCH in red letters.

http://web.mac.com/davejackson/iWeb/My% ... CH%21.html
:shock:

My next post will indeed have pictures of my gear that I began making a few weeks before Halloween.

"I LOVE THIS... SITE!"
By giantsloar
Well I'll be damned it is a crunchbar
By Ecto96
Yeah, was a nestle' crunch bar. I've known that for like.. Ever.
By neocore6669
You are not crazy OP.
It is definitely a dollar bill in some TV edits and things like that.
Crunch Bar in theatrical.

They must have filmed two versions on set knowing the contract had some weird terms or something. I don't think they could have replaced it with an effect so well but who knows. Surprised only one other person in this thread had the correct answer.
By Kingpin
neocore6669 wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 4:15 pm It is definitely a dollar bill in some TV edits and things like that.
Crunch Bar in theatrical.
Do you have any screencaps to support this version exists?

I don't wish to come off as rude, but this feels a lot like the instance where people believe they saw a "Slimer ending" version of Ghostbusters II, and one person in the UK insisting there was some kind of "extended" version of that same movie - where they remembered something vividly, but there was no evidence suggesting such a version actually existed.
prodestrian liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]