By robpenfold
Hey everybody. I'm just wondering if anyone has found any suitable real world thumbscrews to use for the ones protruding from the lenses. I would prefer to use a real thumb screw. I had some plastic facsimiles on my first build but they easily broke off.

I can find lots of "Narrow head metric thumb screws" on Google that look almost right except that the knurling on the head is crisscross instead of straight. Anyone have any better luck? I've searched the forum and cant seem to find any results.

Thanks,
By DudeSilly
I found these "Narrow head metric thumb screws" on McMaster-Carr and Fastenal that might do the trick. They have straight knurling, which looks promising.
By Waggemay
I can see this thread is a little old, but I wanted to drop in and say that I totally get what you mean about those pesky lens screws. Plastic ones can be such a letdown. Finding the right thumbscrews and other fasteners for specific purposes can be a real challenge. Actually, I've been on the hunt for a reliable source myself for quite a while. But, good news, I recently came across a fantastic site: https://www.scrooz.com.au/. They offer a wide range of high-quality fasteners, screws, and other hardware. I got exactly what I needed there, and I bet you can probably find the thumb screws you're looking for too.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]