Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Message from moderator mrmichaelt: This thread will now be the main discussion thread for the Haslab Hasbro Spengler's Proton Pack. The thread in the News section will be closed and discussion will continue here. The thread in the News section will be closed now that the product is released and fans are working on them and posting about them. Several posts will be moved over from that thread to this thread.

Other related threads about the Haslab pack can be found in the Proton Packs sub-forum in the Equipment section.
-Proton Packs: viewforum.php?f=2

Stretch Goal History
Fully Funded: 7,000 backers reached on November 5, 2021 (9 days)
Class I: The Classic Bundle: 9,000 backers reached on November 20, 2021 (24 days)
Class II: The Ghostbusters: Afterlife Bundle: 11,000 backers reached on November 26, 2021 (30 days)
Class III: The Spengler Special: 13,000 backers reached on December 5, 2021 (39 days)
Class IV: The Supernatural Stand: 15,000 backers reached on December 10, 2021 (44 days)

External links
-Haslab Pack Mods Resource spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Original post:
Holydohnut wrote: January 11th, 2023, 7:32 am Mine's just arrived! The delivery driver said "We've had hundreds of these in the depot today, do you mind me asking what it is?" 😂
Did you tell him the box contains an unlicensed nuclear accelerator?
Last edited by Alphagaia on January 11th, 2023, 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Both of mine arrived today!!!! Left one unopened as I just don’t have the space at the moment, but the opened one is a thing of beauty… sent my Dad a text saying ‘it’s taken 30+ years, but in the words of Janine… ‘We’ve got one!!’.’

Only problem is that my Wands still haven’t arrived… in the words for Dr Venkman ‘Yes, it’s true. This man has no wand.’.
mrmichaelt wrote: January 10th, 2023, 6:35 pm Any Zavvi customers get hit with a delay notice?
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/01/10 ... yed-april/
Yup. But already knew. Ordered my packs October 28, 2021 via zavvi, using paypal. Zavvi doesn't charge you right then, only does when ready to ship. Proton pack campaign nears the end, I realize the credit card I used for paypal will expire by the time the packs ship. I contacted paypal: "Don't worry it will charge your next method of payment automatically". Contacted zavvi "Don't worry you will be notified upfront and can make changes to your payment method or address then". Ok, no problem...until zavvi actually tries to charge my paypal in the middle of the night, which gets rejected, I can solve this seven hours later but my ready-to-deliver packs are no longer available and my order gets postponed to April.

Oh yeah, this was dropped today too:

Last edited by Ecto24601 on January 12th, 2023, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
JamesB922 wrote: January 11th, 2023, 9:26 am Quick question for those who've received their pack and have the ALICE frame attached, is it too tight to the frame near the top? Do you think it needs spacers?
Thats what I was wondering too. It seems like the only spacers are for the bottom. And so the pack isn't squared up to the frame but angled. At least thats how it looks in Adam Savages video.
Spectregater wrote: January 11th, 2023, 11:28 am
JamesB922 wrote: January 11th, 2023, 9:26 am Quick question for those who've received their pack and have the ALICE frame attached, is it too tight to the frame near the top? Do you think it needs spacers?
Thats what I was wondering too. It seems like the only spacers are for the bottom. And so the pack isn't squared up to the frame but angled. At least thats how it looks in Adam Savages video.
Yes, the spacers are only for the kidney frame part.
Ecto24601 wrote: January 11th, 2023, 11:13 am
mrmichaelt wrote: January 10th, 2023, 6:35 pm Any Zavvi customers get hit with a delay notice?
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/01/10 ... yed-april/
Yup. But already knew. Ordered my packs on December 28, 2021 via zavvi, using paypal. Zavvi doesn't charge you right then, only does when ready to ship. Proton pack campaign nears the end, I realize the credit card I used for paypal will expire by the time the packs ship. I contacted paypal: "Don't worry it will charge your next method of payment automatically". Contacted zavvi "Don't worry you will be notified upfront and can make changes to your payment method or address then". Ok, no problem...until zavvi actually tries to charge my paypal in the middle of the night, which gets rejected, I can solve this seven hours later but my ready-to-deliver packs are no longer available and my order gets postponed to April.

Oh yeah, this was dropped today too:

This is probably the most in depth Proton Pack guide ever done aside from actually making the shell itself.
jonogunn, One time liked this
Im surprised when he fabricated his own ribbon cable clamp and screwed it in that the pack wasnt just stuck in error mode when he turned it on. Maybe the screws made the connection thats needed for the electronics?
A lot of it is easily doable too! Who better to receive technique suggestions than from master-class prop maker Adam Savage himself!

He was inaccurate on a few things though. He thinks the vhook replacement he used is screen accurate but it's not. He screwed in a socket cap screw on the booster box like the GB1 Hero packs but that doesn't exist on Pheobe/Superhero pack.

It's strange given he's using reference pics too.

Watching this was such a treat. What an awesome video to wake up to today. An hour long detailed video what more can we ask for at this point!

I'm definite buying some streaks and tips and rub n buffs
Talyn wrote: January 11th, 2023, 1:38 pm Im surprised when he fabricated his own ribbon cable clamp and screwed it in that the pack wasnt just stuck in error mode when he turned it on. Maybe the screws made the connection thats needed for the electronics?
The Ribbon cable sensor peg is on the proton pack itself, not on the ribbon cable. Check my video from a few pages back. You can depress it with your finger
Talyn liked this
jonogunn wrote: January 11th, 2023, 1:39 pm A lot of it is easily doable too! Who better to receive technique suggestions than from master-class prop maker Adam Savage himself!

He was inaccurate on a few things though. He thinks the vhook replacement he used is screen accurate but it's not. He screwed in a socket cap screw on the booster box like the GB1 Hero packs but that doesn't exist on Pheobe/Superhero pack.

It's strange given he's using reference pics too.

Watching this was such a treat. What an awesome video to wake up to today. An hour long detailed video what more can we ask for at this point!

I'm definite buying some streaks and tips and rub n buffs
No ones going to notice those little changes except us nerds. Lol.

Depending on how I feel about the ribbon cable I may just leave it. I'm not going to do any additional weathering but I am going to replace that yellow wiring or just remove it completely.

If I can find a reasonably priced slime blower mark II kit I will add that, and possibly remove the copper parts. If Hasbro was wanting to have gone the extra mile, I'm surprised they didn't use color changing lED's in the cyclotron to match the video game options they put into their rifle. Red, green, blue etc...
Dr.D wrote: January 11th, 2023, 3:14 pm Just asking for those who have theirs...will removing the yellow cable mess with any of the functionality? I'm planning on a slight retrofit to a GB2 pack.
No, it won't mess with the functionality.
Not sure if a lot of Canadians already chimed in, but some people in Montreal received a FedEx tracking for the green goo attachment today. Tracking says the package is 4.6lbs so I guess it's for the pack as well?

Anyway, it's supposed to arrive on January 17th. (if that's the pack).

Totally missed the boat on that one, but hopefully it'll get a reissue.
Last edited by frankov on January 14th, 2023, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frankov wrote: January 11th, 2023, 6:43 pm Not sure if a lot of Canadians already chimed in, but I'm in Montreal and received a FedEx tracking for the green goo attachment today around noon. Looking up the tracking, says the package is 4.6lbs so I guess it's for the pack as well?

Anyway, it's supposed to arrive on January 17th.
congrats dude! still nothing in Vancouver...
Sorry if this has already been answered, but does anyone know how best to remove the scuba hose sleeve thing from the loom? (And is it loom underneath, all the way to the connector?)
If anyone has already done it, I'd love to see pics.

Cheers :)
Nighty80 wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered, but does anyone know how best to remove the scuba hose sleeve thing from the loom? (And is it loom underneath, all the way to the connector?)
If anyone has already done it, I'd love to see pics.

Cheers :)
I don't have mine yet but from what hasbro has said about it in the past I think its all one piece. I know you can move the fake tape sections though

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]