By RonMan32
I don't believe it actually uses a grip from a shotgun. It's a "shotgun style" grip. It's likely not a part sourced from anywhere and for perfect accuracy simply requires actually carving your own from scratch out of wood.

The shape of the grip really doesn't make sense for a shotgun either. I think a shotgun pump handle was the inspiration for the visual design but in universe it was just something Egon hand carved to replace it when it broke.

The shotgun grip blank you provided does not have the correct number of grooves nor is shaped right (it's more of a tube) but it'd likely look fine. Go for it! But if you're going for complete accuracy that is not the way to go I don't think.
Corey91 liked this
By Corey91
RonMan32 wrote: January 18th, 2023, 4:21 am I don't believe it actually uses a grip from a shotgun. It's a "shotgun style" grip. It's likely not a part sourced from anywhere and for perfect accuracy simply requires actually carving your own from scratch out of wood.

The shape of the grip really doesn't make sense for a shotgun either. I think a shotgun pump handle was the inspiration for the visual design but in universe it was just something Egon hand carved to replace it when it broke.

The shotgun grip blank you provided does not have the correct number of grooves nor is shaped right (it's more of a tube) but it'd likely look fine. Go for it! But if you're going for complete accuracy that is not the way to go I don't think.
I'm going less for screen accuracy and more "real" looking object. When I look at my hasbro pack, my eyes immediately go to the plastic looking grip on the wand, haha. I found this thread which goes into using a real grip, might be helpful for others: https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 8#p4964568
I have seen a real grip used at some point. Wish I could remember where/what. It had to be treated for the color.

That said, I don't think the real screen used grip is real because my memory of it is that they actually changed the size of it during production to make it bigger.
By RonMan32
Corey91 wrote: January 18th, 2023, 12:12 pm I'm going less for screen accuracy and more "real" looking object. When I look at my hasbro pack, my eyes immediately go to the plastic looking grip on the wand, haha. I found this thread which goes into using a real grip, might be helpful for others: https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 8#p4964568
I'm sure it will look amazing. I also noticed that plastic look. Honestly I'm just disappointed with the stock paint job on the Hasbro wand because they did SO good with the pack. The wand looks like a glossy toy and the pack it's attached to looks way more like the actual prop. I'm just too afraid of attempting a mod without being SURE it will look good. These things don't grow on trees.
Corey91 liked this
By Corey91
RonMan32 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 1:39 pm I'm sure it will look amazing. I also noticed that plastic look. Honestly I'm just disappointed with the stock paint job on the Hasbro wand because they did SO good with the pack. The wand looks like a glossy toy and the pack it's attached to looks way more like the actual prop. I'm just too afraid of attempting a mod without being SURE it will look good. These things don't grow on trees.
Dude... I could not agree more with you. I've literally been wondering if the wand was done by an entirely different team than those who manufactured the pack. I'm also a little biased because I had so many issues trying to get the wand: delivered to wrong address, hasbro cancelling second order by mistake, the one I finally got was faulty and did not turn on, and when I got the replacement; I was just very disappointed in how cheap it looks with the mold lines and everything.

Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised when the pack arrived with how great it looks! However my eyes still go directly to the wand and how plastic it is with the lines running straight down the side that's always in view haha I'm most likely going to bite the bullet and buy a second just to have incase I f*** up modding my current one.
RonMan32 liked this
A little late to the party, but yea, the wand and pack were done by completely different crews.

The wands are part of a regular run that have a line dedicated to doing them, the Haslabs projects involve shutting down one of those lines to produce.

They don't really have as much time to go as detailed as they do on the regular runs.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]