Hello all. Hope all is well.

So I currently have my glorious Haslab proton packing sitting on its included stand on a large display table I have. But I don’t want to worry about constantly have to dust it so I’m looking for some type of plexiglass or acrylic clear box/display case to put over top of it. Something I can just easily remove if need be.

Can anyone point me in some useful directions? Please. I measured it out and I figured, just to play it safe for margins I’d need a case about 40 inches high and 24 inches across and 10 inches deep? Does that sound right?

Any help would be really appreciated. Prop collecting isn’t my forte and this is the first major thing I’ve owned like this beyond some light sabres I still have in my closet. So I have zero idea what I’m doing lol.

I also have a Hotwheels 1:18:1 Ecto 1A that I haven’t assembled that I’ll need a case for as well, tho I figure that’ll be much easier to find given that’s a standard diecast size. But how many companies are making display cases for proton packs? Not many I’m guessing lol. I wish there were and I could just buy one off Amazon. But no such luck.

Anyways, I sure would appreciate some pointers and help for a newbie.

Many thanks!
dhenley wrote: February 5th, 2023, 10:10 pm How about buying an old metal, military steamer trunk (the kind similar to the hasbro box), remove the lid--add a plexiglass, and internal lighting.

The measurements of most of these trunks will fit a proton pack:
Nah the idea is to be able to see the pack at all times. A trunk would keep it out of view. I almost want it like what you’d see at a museum. Just an acrylic or plexiglass box that I can put over top of it.

Thanks for the suggestion tho. This would be cool if I didn’t want to display it. I dig the vibe of the trunk. It’s mysterious & old. “What could be inside?”. But I want to see my pack and marvel at its beauty.

Edit: I just realized you mentioned removing the lid & replacing with something see thru. That would bring about another issue. I want it in the “standing up” position so it can be seen across the room. Thanks again tho.

Edit # 2: ok. I’m an idiot. Right. Duh. To be fair it’s 5:39 Am and I just woke up lol. That might work. Standing the box up. It’s an option for sure.
If you want the whole thing inside a plexiglass case, your biggest issue will be the hose.

I wanted to protect the pack from dust too, but kinda gave up on the idea because of the dimensions. The Ikea Fabrikor is a bit of a tight fit.

I ended up putting it on a speaker and scheduled an alarm to dust it off every weekend. The stand was a bit bigger than the speaker, so I bought a cutting board on Amazon and alien taped the stand to it.
Kingpin liked this
RichardLess wrote: February 6th, 2023, 3:40 am
dhenley wrote: February 5th, 2023, 10:10 pm How about buying an old metal, military steamer trunk (the kind similar to the hasbro box), remove the lid--add a plexiglass, and internal lighting.

The measurements of most of these trunks will fit a proton pack:
Nah the idea is to be able to see the pack at all times. A trunk would keep it out of view. I almost want it like what you’d see at a museum. Just an acrylic or plexiglass box that I can put over top of it.

Thanks for the suggestion tho. This would be cool if I didn’t want to display it. I dig the vibe of the trunk. It’s mysterious & old. “What could be inside?”. But I want to see my pack and marvel at its beauty.
Not sure if you missed my point about removing the trunk lid and adding a plexiglass cover (or no cover at all), the pack would be in view, and it gives you a great base to add some cool lighting. Only downside is that it will only be visibile from the front, but that depends on where your going to display it.
dhenley wrote: February 6th, 2023, 4:19 pm
RichardLess wrote: February 6th, 2023, 3:40 am

Not sure if you missed my point about removing the trunk lid and adding a plexiglass cover (or no cover at all), the pack would be in view, and it gives you a great base to add some cool lighting. Only downside is that it will only be visibile from the front, but that depends on where your going to display it.
I edited my post liked 2 seconds after and realized what you were talking about. Are you unable to see my “edit # 1 and edit # 2”?

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]