Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By RavenEffect
I love the book. I got it when it first came out and have read it already a few times after that. I would definitely recommend you pick it up if you can, but I wouldn't recommend paying a lot for it. I've seen people put it on Amazon for $100 or even more. I would never pay that. But, if you can get it for a somewhat reasonable price, I'd definitely pick it up.

I really wish they continued the series.
By Mac1701
I've had this since it came out and didn't realize that it was rare until recently. Anyone know the story as to why this is so hard to find for an reasonable price? Also, what's the best way to preserve this? It's a paperback after all.
The rarity is down to two factors, as I recall.

Back when the book first came out retail giant Barnes & Noble refused to stock it, claiming that Ghostbusters was "a dead franchise". After that IBooks, the novel's publisher went bust.

Whether Barnes & Noble's decision was a major cause in IBooks going bankrupt will never likely be proven, but it at least stands as a likely contributor.

The refusal to stock the book then likely resulted in a smaller print run.
Funny enough while B&N wouldn't stock it in there stores, they sold it through their web site. I guess that was ok so the "dead franchise" fiction novel could be hidden away in a warehouse somewhere.

Good thing since I never found it in stores and ordered from B&N site.

If anyone doesn't have this rare, OOP book, the PDF can be downloaded for free as part of the eBook Preservation Project from Spook Central.

Full Book PDF: http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/ ... return.pdf
Full Book Text: http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/ ... n_text.pdf
PDF Notes/Credits: http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/ ... m#gbreturn

Files Source: http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/gb1_book.htm
CaptCyan, SPJ liked this
I got mine at B&N and I remember having to drive like to another state to pick it up as the majority of B&N did not stock it, glad I took the time to pick one up seeing as how they're so rare now.
Cool, thanks for the PDF link!

Now I understand the demand for the book due to its rarity, but I do have to ask... is it good?
Yeah, definitely had some good moments.

This Post Contains Spoilers
This book wasn't perfect. But it was a fun and interesting story despite some flaws.

Just be advised that, the book having been written years before the Video Game, there's a lot of stuff that the Video Game and the IDW series renders apocryphal.
I got a copy of it about a year after it came out through my local Books-A-Million. I ended up donating it to a charity auction held by the Alabama Ghostbusters a few years ago.

I didn't like it. It was a train wreck of different portrayals of the characters, with none of the characterizations feeling quite right. The author seemed to have changed the timeframe for the book at least once, as well, with no one actually proofreading the book (he has Oscar at 2 years old, in Kindergarten, if I remember correctly, or something along those lines). It's a mediocre book at best, and certainly not worth the price tag it commands. It reads like a poorly written fanfic, and I'd never even consider paying money for that.
All: You're welcome for sharing the links if you didn't already know about it. The only credit I could get for this part of the preservation project. :p
I received two copies of this book for Christmas the year it was released. I had it on my Amazon wishlist & both my Wife & sister got me a copy. I still have them both =)
Bought it, read it, it's terrible. At first I didn't care for the opening that described the lights on the Ecto in the wrong color, then it said the traps were all 2 feet long, both products of poor-to-no research. As the story progressed it just got sloppier and sloppier to the point I couldn't finish it and retain self-respect for doing so. I met Sholly Fitch at Comic-Con when he was there to promote the book. He struck me as Louis Tully with less confidence.
By zeta otaku
I recently rediscovered this book on my shelf and gave it a read through... It's... uhm... a choice.

I remember there being a huge demand for this years ago, but in my recent searches, I get absolutely nothing.

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]