By Snooker
Hello Community,

Yes, there are some Ghostbusters in Switzerland. And everybody can relax, we found the car..!

We suddenly stumbled over a 1959 Cadillac Superior Hearse in realy good shape. Needs no suspension work, the shocks are good, lining is great, steering box is working realy good, transmission is smooth and the rear-end is also top notch. We just needed to fix the brake cylinder to make it drive safely again :wink: And there's almost no rust..! The previous owner is located in Germany and had it imported from Texas in 2015.

We now start searching the Parts for the Roofrack and the other gadgets ;-)

Here are some Pictures taken about two weeks after she arrived in Switzerland:

gotta Love those Taillights..!

How to recognize a happy Ghostbuster:

More pics from the Building process to come 8)

cheers
Mike
CitizenBuster, THawke, wralex and 3 others liked this
By Macktacular
That's a real beauty! Looking forward to seeing the progress on this one.
By Snooker
Hello Community,

Warning: the following Pictures are not suitable for those who are faint of heart. Viewer discretion is advised!

Our beloved and beautiful going-to-be-Ecto-1 was turned into a Wrecto one week ago :cry:

She was transported by a hauling company to a convention in Zürich when the trailer began to lurch and then flipped over the Ecto. Yes, she flipped over. And landed on her feet again. The most important thing is that no one was hurt.

The good news: the chassis and the frame are fine from what we saw and the body "only" has a few dents and scratches. We allready found a windshield for replacement. All the repairwork will be covered by the insurance from the haulin company.

Bad news: we have to wait another 6 Months until she'll be fixed and drivable again :-?

More news as soon as we have some ;-)

cheers
Mike
ccv66, Prime 1986 liked this
By Kingpin
Damn. Sorry to read, Mike. :cry:

Echoing webelieveyou89's sentiments, hope the hauling company foots the bill for the damage.
By tobycj
This made my stomach drop! So sorry to read this, I hope she's back up and running soon.
By sprprops
That is awful, that trailer does not look like it was up to the task to haul that long and heavy load.
By Snooker
thanks everybody for the kind words.

Kingpin wrote:"...hope the hauling company foots the bill for the damage..."
webelieveyou89 wrote:"... I hope they pay for the damage..."
Yes, their Insurance Company will cover everything, so our wallets are safe :wink:
Kingpin, tobycj liked this
By Macktacular
Considering what it went through, I'm surprised it looks as good as it does. I'm very sorry for your misfortune, but thankful that it's salvageable and that the insurance will cover the repairs.

On the plus side; at least it didn't happen after you'd gotten lights and such on it.
By Snooker
Macktacular wrote:Considering what it went through, I'm surprised it looks as good as it does.
Indeed. The repair shop confirmed that neither frame nor chassis is warped, so we're really on the lucky side :wink:
Kingpin, tobycj liked this
By Ecto Ernie
Nice car, sorry for your misfortune. Brings up a pet peeve of mine though. Why is everyone always flat bedding their Ecto? They are so much fun to drive. Other drivers and their passengers see Ecto's on trailers and they'll think "Hey sweet car", but you can really blow peoples' minds just driving an Ecto around all nonchalant. I've now seen at least 2 Flat Bed Ecto Disasters. I've also seen a few Ecto's broken down on the side of the road, but that just adds to the realism.
Spectregater liked this
By Snooker
Ecto Ernie wrote: November 14th, 2022, 8:24 pm Why is everyone always flat bedding their Ecto?
Simple Answer: the local StVA (Strassenverkehrsamt or in the US known as DMV) didn't gave us the approval to drive her on the streets yet because of minor flaws found during the inspection. No approval by DMV means no license plate therefor no insurance :wink:
By Kingpin
Ecto Ernie wrote: November 14th, 2022, 8:24 pm Why is everyone always flat bedding their Ecto? They are so much fun to drive.
Sometimes it's because the car has broken down, so it needs to be transported back. Sometimes it's because it isn't yet in a roadworthy condition (which is the case here, and in other "barn/field find" examples). Sometimes it's because it's cheaper to transport it by flatbed to a location than to actually drive it there... Let's not forget these historic vehicles are perpetually thirsty for petrol.
By Snooker
Hi Community,

Our Ecto-1 had her first appearence last Weekend in Lucerne 8) She entertained a lot of Kids and adult Kids these days, we saw a lot of sparkling eyes and droped jaws :)

Work in progress:
  • 3rd windows in the back
  • roofrack to be completed
  • whip antennas
  • tint windows
  • interior (gurney, instruments)
more to come :mrgreen:
prodestrian, tobycj, Arch27 and 2 others liked this
By Snooker
Hello community..!

please excuse the lack of updates but we were bussy making the Ecto ready for the DMV inspection :wink:

In order to get the approval by the DMV, we had to fix:

- the Break circuit and the breaks
- changed the speedometer from MPH to KPH
- some other minor flaws found during the last inspection

After getting everything ready, the big day came on 31st of October (coincidence? :wink: )

After DMV gave the approval, we continued with the cosmetics. So first thing to do were the fake windows in the rear:

So far for the Updates. Next things on the List:

- Antennas
- Roof rack
- emergency lights

more to come as soon as possible :D

cheers
Mike
tobycj, dcrogers liked this
By Ecto24601
Awesome work. Are you allowed to drive the Ecto with emergency lights and roofrack installed in Switzerland?
By Snooker
Hello Community,

there is something going on here :-D

We were sourcing some materials, Stickers etc and started crafting some parts for the Ecto 8)

Next Saturday will be a dedicated building day for the Ecto, focusing on th roofrack. So all Guys and Girls involved in this project prepared something for the Car:

The white wooden box is in the making, the Roofrack itself is ready to be filled and mounted:

Kathy und Markus from Who Ya Gonna Call created this killer replica of a Texas Instruments ASR-5 Cross Section Sensitivity Unit :shock:

They also managed to finde those Heat-Sinks on Ebay:

We also sourced this Motorcycle Headlights trying to replicate the PAR46 lights on the roof and coloured the lenses blue:

And found those awesome Decals for the roofrack on Etsy (thanks Fannstar ;-) )

Martin built this lovely HVAC Unit...

... and i managed to get the Sniffer sniffing :-D

oh, and the antennas are also ready :twisted:

So far so good, we'll be Back with some pictures after the next Weekend :-D

cheers
Mike
Last edited by Snooker on January 15th, 2024, 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kathy, tobycj liked this

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]