Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
Yes your posts come off as acting very entitled. No, not because of what you want, but because of the tone of your posts. You unfortunately do come off as ill informed on quite a few things.

Yes Sony has dropped the ball on some things over the years. That can be said about any major IP really. That's nothing unique. You saying "Sony has shown over and over they don’t care." just simply isn't true.

Maybe not always in the way you feel things should be, but not overall nope.

What's your problem with the home video releases of The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters? RGB has been released several times on different volumes as well as a complete set. While not in the USA, Extreme Ghostbusters also had a release. What's your issue with how the video game was "treated" as you put it?

You have a complaint about double dipping? That's standard with home entertainment releases. Is that new to you?

I'm not against someone coming on GBFans and answering questions. You said previously it didn't make sense that Ghost Corps doesn't talk to people 1:1. I was pointing out one of the many reasons it makes sense they wouldn't.

You also criticized Ghost Corps for not talking to us on GBFans...until it was pointed out they actually have. We got our lil Q & A, maybe it'll happen again.

Your posts have come off more as whining more than mere suggestion.

You want to share your idea with Ghost Corps? You have their address, have at it.
deadderek wrote: March 17th, 2023, 2:40 am Yes your posts come off as acting very entitled. No, not because of what you want, but because of the tone of your posts. You unfortunately do come off as ill informed on quite a few things.

Yes Sony has dropped the ball on some things over the years. That can be said about any major IP really. That's nothing unique. You saying "Sony has shown over and over they don’t care." just simply isn't true.

Maybe not always in the way you feel things should be, but not overall nope.

What's your problem with the home video releases of The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters? RGB has been released several times on different volumes as well as a complete set. While not in the USA, Extreme Ghostbusters also had a release. What's your issue with how the video game was "treated" as you put it?

You have a complaint about double dipping? That's standard with home entertainment releases. Is that new to you?

I'm not against someone coming on GBFans and answering questions. You said previously it didn't make sense that Ghost Corps doesn't talk to people 1:1. I was pointing out one of the many reasons it makes sense they wouldn't.

You also criticized Ghost Corps for not talking to us on GBFans...until it was pointed out they actually have. We got our lil Q & A, maybe it'll happen again.

Your posts have come off more as whining more than mere suggestion.

You want to share your idea with Ghost Corps? You have their address, have at it.
The only one who’s been wrong so far has been you so I don’t know where you are getting this ill informed stuff from.

This was about them interacting with fans on here. Not answering questions through an intermediary. You tried to make it seem like it just happened yet it was over a year ago.

You are defending the home release record of Sony? You know what. You’re right. My bad. Why don’t I go purchase Extreme Ghostbusters complete series on DVD? Oh wait! Nope. Can’t do it. Ok, let me go purchase it on YouTube. Oh wait! I can’t. Ok how about ITunes? Darn. Foiled again. Well it’s a good thing they put them up for free on YouTube. What? they took most the episodes down. Well now that is a surprise!
Ok now let’s look at Real Ghostbusters. Oh look! They have volume releases. Well now I can have all my fav—what? Numerous episodes are missing? Well good thing Sony released that complete series DVD set years ago. Except they didn’t did they? Who did? Oh right. TimeLife! Well no worries I can just purchase all the episodes on ITunes. Wait. Episodes missing? Gosh darn it.

Yes Deaderek. Sony is doing a PHENOMENAL job. Can we give Sony a round of an applause everyone? Come on dude. One thing Sony can’t be defended on is their home video record & the fact that u tried is weird.

And no double dipping is not a new concept. That’s why I brought it up. Are you purposefully being obtuse or…??Because double dipping is a terrible practice and it’s a way of gouging fans. How many times has GB been released on blu ray? 6? They screwed it up so badly the first time they had to release a remastered version. That first blu ray is legendarily bad.

And yes other IP’s have dropped the ball. But some haven’t. It’s a shame Sony is one of the ones that have.

I said it doesn’t make sense that they talk to people 1:1? Misspoke if I did. Or mistyped. Pretty sure I said they should do both.

And it sounds like I’m whining? Really? U can hear me? Cool. I can whine if u really want me to just so I can show the difference between critiquing a multi billion dollar company & their mistakes & whining.

I think that’s all I’ll say on the matter. I made my point. If you want to continue this back & forth I suggest u PM me. I don’t know that the mods want us going on about this. I think they should make more an effort to engage with fans. You do not. Nuff said.
Kingpin wrote: March 17th, 2023, 3:50 am I feel the point's been made to GuyX, no need to turn it into a dogpile.
Plus, he even changed the (tone of the) post so it focusses more on the point he wants to make. I don't see many people do that and I appreciate it greatly!

Let's us all debate more on the facts and less on personal attacks.
deadderek wrote: March 17th, 2023, 2:02 am Here ya go folks, message them your absolute slam dunk marketing ideas:

10202 W. WASHINGTON BLVD. CULVER CITY CA 90232
I know you’re being facetious with the “slam dunk” comment but from a marketing perspective, fan engagement is crucial. Star Trek practically wrote the book on that.

I think if we took a poll most of us would agree Sony could do a better job. That’s not controversial I don’t think. Anyone remember that first GB16 trailer?

They did do a much better job with GBA. The early teaser? That was a great move. More of that would go a long way. But when it comes to fan stuff? I think GuyX has a point. Certainly with the way they’ve treated us with the TV shows, Ghostbusters 2.

Who here, besides maybe Deadderek, wouldn’t love it if someone from Ghostcorp came here to talk? I see nothing but upsides.

We just need to keep it positive.

Makes me wonder. Will we see a teaser like the one they did for GBA? I hope so. That was such a surprise.
Alphagaia, deadderek, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
RichardLess wrote:Will we see a teaser like the one they did for GBA? I hope so. That was such a surprise.
Agreed!

The way that teaser was filmed...the vibe...the classic music...the visuals... I could see a hypothetical one for this movie being very similar but entering the Firehouse instead of traversing the farmland into the barn and you're hearing some strange noise and the POV heads down to the basement where you see the Containment Unit in a worse state than we saw in the end tag and it's going haywire and we see something not unlike the sequence in the first movie when the grid is shut down.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
The only one who’s been wrong so far has been you so I don’t know where you are getting this ill informed stuff from.

Wrong on that, but nice try.

This was about them interacting with fans on here. Not answering questions through an intermediary. You tried to make it seem like it just happened yet it was over a year ago.

Okay? Your point being what? We were given a chance to ask questions, and receive answers. That's damn nice of them.

You are defending the home release record of Sony? You know what. You’re right. My bad. Why don’t I go purchase Extreme Ghostbusters complete series on DVD? Oh wait! Nope. Can’t do it. Ok, let me go purchase it on YouTube. Oh wait! I can’t. Ok how about ITunes? Darn. Foiled again. Well it’s a good thing they put them up for free on YouTube. What? they took most the episodes down. Well now that is a surprise!
Ok now let’s look at Real Ghostbusters. Oh look! They have volume releases. Well now I can have all my fav—what? Numerous episodes are missing? Well good thing Sony released that complete series DVD set years ago. Except they didn’t did they? Who did? Oh right. TimeLife! Well no worries I can just purchase all the episodes on ITunes. Wait. Episodes missing? Gosh darn it.

So some physical media has gone out of print? Oh no. You're right. An emergency. Not as if the secondary market doesn't exist. It's 2023, the entire runs of both series are available online. If you need help using a search engine to help you in whatever region you live in and I'm sure we can all help you.

Yes Deaderek. Sony is doing a PHENOMENAL job. Can we give Sony a round of an applause everyone? Come on dude. One thing Sony can’t be defended on is their home video record & the fact that u tried is weird.

What is about their home video record regarding Ghostbusters that you have a problem with? The entire animated series have been released several times over the years. The movies have never gone out of print.

And no double dipping is not a new concept. That’s why I brought it up. Are you purposefully being obtuse or…??Because double dipping is a terrible practice and it’s a way of gouging fans. How many times has GB been released on blu ray? 6? They screwed it up so badly the first time they had to release a remastered version. That first blu ray is legendarily bad.

Are you purposely acting ignorant to the fact with any major IP that double dipping has been the norm for decades? Seriously? You're complaining that the movies keep getting new re-releases? Bizarre.

And yes other IP’s have dropped the ball. But some haven’t. It’s a shame Sony is one of the ones that have.

Same complaint can be said about any other studio depending on what exactly is being discussed.

I said it doesn’t make sense that they talk to people 1:1? Misspoke if I did. Or mistyped. Pretty sure I said they should do both.

Cool, and I outlined why that's unrealistic.

And it sounds like I’m whining? Really? U can hear me? Cool. I can whine if u really want me to just so I can show the difference between critiquing a multi billion dollar company & their mistakes & whining.

You're just upset from being called out. Understandable.

I think that’s all I’ll say on the matter. I made my point. If you want to continue this back & forth I suggest u PM me. I don’t know that the mods want us going on about this. I think they should make more an effort to engage with fans. You do not. Nuff said. <---- Absolute lie. I never said that I don't want more engagement. Stop straight lying.

Even after Kingpin told you to drop it, you continued on. It's only fair for my rebuttal.

RichardLess wrote: March 17th, 2023, 4:14 am

Who here, besides maybe Deadderek, wouldn’t love it if someone from Ghostcorp came here to talk? I see nothing but upsides.
I'm waiting for you to point out at any point I said I wouldn't enjoy it. Don't worry I'll wait.

(mod note: double post merged)
Last edited by deadderek on March 17th, 2023, 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
RichardLess wrote: March 17th, 2023, 4:14 am

I'm waiting for you to point out at any point I said I wouldn't enjoy it. Don't worry I'll wait.
Alphagaia wrote: March 17th, 2023, 5:34 am I wish Deadderik would sound less condescending when challenged as well. Saying things like 'dont worry I'll wait' doesn't help the argument. It only helps to sour the tone on both sides.

Speak in the tone you want the other to react, imo.
I wish Alphagea would understand that sarcasm is an appropriate response when someone makes shit up about you that's demonstrably false.
The moment you make the personal attack with the sarcasm, is the moment that has a high risk of becoming more important than your actual point. If you think something is demonstrably false, don't use sarcasm, actually demonstrate why you think it's false.

I know I fail sometimes in that regard as well, by the way. I know it's not easy. But it would really help the tone of the debates.
RichardLess, GuyX, Kingpin liked this
Since every single Ghostbusters movie set in NYC up til now has been shot mostly outside New York (LA for GB1/2 and Boston for ATC) I'm not as concerned about the UK filming as some people.

If anything, them shooting it the UK could actually be kind of a good sign.

In my experience, big-budget American productions which are trying to double specific places in the US but don't have immediate access to North American-style buildings and locations usually tend to put way more effort into set dressing and choosing locations than stuff that's shot in, like, Canada.

Plus, they will probably also be doing some NYC filming too. It's just not currently listed on Production Weekly because it'll likely be done with a different unit after UK shooting wraps.

Of course, Sony were also the people who okayed Morbious using the extremely distinctive-looking London Underground as the equally distinctive-looking NYC subway, so who knows?
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
Kingpin wrote: March 16th, 2023, 11:06 am I think there may be a bit of a blackout in place on the cast's social media, Celeste's post announcing she's in the UK has since vanished from her account.
Instagram "stories" self-delete after 24 hours. They aren't meant to be posts that stick around like Tweets or Facebook statuses. The idea (which was actually stolen from Snapchat and has attempted to be also replicated by Facebook stories and Twitter "fleets") is that they encourage repeat visits so you don't miss out on your favourite people's updates. Capitalising on the FOMO.

That's not to say there isn't a blackout on updates... but just that it explains why her post about arriving in the UK cannot be found anymore.
deadderek, Alphagaia liked this
deadderek wrote: March 17th, 2023, 5:23 am The only one who’s been wrong so far has been you so I don’t know where you are getting this ill informed stuff from.

Okay? Your point being what? We were given a chance to ask questions, and receive answers. That's damn nice of them.

So some physical media has gone out of print? Oh no. You're right. An emergency. Not as if the secondary market doesn't exist. It's 2023, the entire runs of both series are available online. If you need help using a search engine to help you in whatever region you live in and I'm sure we can all help you.

What is about their home video record regarding Ghostbusters that you have a problem with? The entire animated series have been released several times over the years. The movies have never gone out of print.

Are you purposely acting ignorant to the fact with any major IP that double dipping has been the norm for decades? Seriously? You're complaining that the movies keep getting new re-releases? Bizarre.

Same complaint can be said about any other studio depending on what exactly is being discussed.

I think that’s all I’ll say on the matter. I made my point. If you want to continue this back & forth I suggest u PM me. I don’t know that the mods want us going on about this. I think they should make more an effort to engage with fans. You do not. Nuff said. <---- Absolute lie. I never said that I don't want more engagement. Stop straight lying.

Even after Kingpin told you to drop it, you continued on. It's only fair for my rebuttal.
I just want to clear something up since I’m being accused of ignoring a Kingpin.

I read Kingpin’s post. I’ve read backwards and forwards. I don’t think he told me to drop anything. If that’s the case, Kingpin, I apologize. But I read that as post more directed at you. I suggest you read it again. The only one who didn’t listen to a mod was u.

It seems making things up, exaggerating, misstating others opinions and being purposefully obtuse is a habit of yours. You seem very combative and defensive in general. I think maybe u should take stock of how u conduct yourself. Alpha gave me that advice earlier & I appreciated it. We never know how we are coming off to others. But I sense a lot of anger with u.
GuyX wrote: March 17th, 2023, 8:01 am

It seems making things up, exaggerating, misstating others opinions and being purposefully obtuse is a habit of yours. You seem very combative and defensive in general. I think maybe u should take stock of how u conduct yourself. Alpha gave me that advice earlier & I appreciated it. We never know how we are coming off to others. But I sense a lot of anger with u.
Well at least he’s seemed to take it easy with the dislike button lately. That’s something.

But yeah Deaderek, you seem super combative & a bit rude in some these posts.

Just everyone relllax.

Let’s talk some GB4!
Alphagaia liked this
deadderek wrote: March 17th, 2023, 5:23 am The only one who’s been wrong so far has been you so I don’t know where you are getting this ill informed stuff from.

I just want to clear something up since I’m being accused of ignoring a Kingpin.

I read Kingpin’s post. I’ve read backwards and forwards. I don’t think he told me to drop anything. If that’s the case, Kingpin, I apologize. But I read that as post more directed at you. I suggest you read it again. The only one who didn’t listen to a mod was u.

Not so much anger as a frustration of your complete lack of understanding on something as simple as you having been called out and corrected on some things several times in this thread.

RichardLess wrote: March 17th, 2023, 8:11 am

Well at least he’s seemed to take it easy with the dislike button lately. That’s something.

But yeah Deaderek, you seem super combative & a bit rude in some these posts.

Just everyone relllax.

Let’s talk some GB4!
Still waiting on your answer to my previous question.

How about we all just drop things and stay back on topic before the mods lock this thread again?

(mod note: triple post merged)
Alphagaia liked this
RichardLess wrote: March 17th, 2023, 9:01 am
deadderek wrote: March 17th, 2023, 8:44 am

Still waiting on your answer to my previous question.
And you’re going to keep waiting. I’m not going to get into a back & forth with you when it’s obvious for anyone to see you’re embarrassing yourself with this garbage. Just stop.
Nothing embarrassing, just standing by. May be a long wait, but I'll be here.

RichardLess wrote: March 17th, 2023, 9:02 am
deadderek wrote: March 17th, 2023, 8:50 am How about we all just drop things and stay back on topic before the mods lock this thread again?
There ya go. Now we are talking!
Agreed. Let's all move on. Next person to dredge things up buys everyone their GB4 tickets. IMAX tickets. :cool:

(mod note: double post merged)
I'm pretty positive that Ghost Corps DOES come to these forums and read our reactions. I wouldn't blame them for not having an open forum for Q&As, things could be misspoken and movie news websites could run with it. Anytime a photo leaks that's not supposed to leak, they're on top of it. That's a lot easier to control than rumor mills.
deadderek, Kingpin, Hairy Biker and 1 others liked this
I'm pretty positive that Ghost Corps DOES come to these forums and read our reactions. I wouldn't blame them for not having an open forum for Q&As, things could be misspoken and movie news websites could run with it. Anytime a photo leaks that's not supposed to leak, they're on top of it. That's a lot easier to control than rumor mills.

How many times do we see bots in the "users browsing this Forum" i'm sure the bickering doesn't help convince celeb's to pop in and ask wassup. There are some celebs that get active on youtube and facebook. Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if the big wigs view the forum in secret.

Also, wassup:
SpaceBallz liked this
timeware wrote: March 17th, 2023, 11:14 am

How many times do we see bots in the "users browsing this Forum" i'm sure the bickering doesn't help convince celeb's to pop in and ask wassup. There are some celebs that get active on youtube and facebook. Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if the big wigs view the forum in secret.

Also, wassup:
Good Lord. Now THAT Youtube video takes me back...holy shit.
timeware liked this
Kingpin wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:29 pm Actually, I said:
Kingpin wrote: March 17th, 2023, 3:50 am I feel the point's been made to GuyX, no need to turn it into a dogpile.
And despite that request, it still kinda turned into a dogpile.
I misread it as "points been made, no need to keep going." As often as this thread gets locked, I thought you were saying to drop it.
Um, could we please get back on track and talking about GB 4 that starts filming on March 20th?
timeware, groschopf liked this
gamera1968 wrote: March 17th, 2023, 9:13 pm Um, could we please get back on track and talking about GB 4 that starts filming on March 20th?
So what would you like to talk about? :whatever::cool::blush::eyeroll::sigh:
gamera1968 liked this
What's everyone's predictions for the first day of filming on Monday? Mine was :
mrmichaelt wrote: March 13th, 2023, 11:45 pm Yeah, I'm guessing next week Monday - cue a Variety or EW article announcing 1st day of filming, 1 or 2 cast and crew group photos from the set, the official title, and the first cast announcement confirming the main cast. Maybe a short video from the set on Jason Reitman or Gil Kenan's social media.
I definitely have faith the movie CAN make a December release date, but that makes me wonder more about merchandise.

What can we expect to hit store shelves prior to the movie coming out?

I'd say Twinkies are a safe-ish bet because they were there for Afterlife and ATC. A chain food place likely as we had Zaxby's & nearly Baskin-Robbins. ATC had Papa John's. Being honest I didn't even know about the existence of Zaxby's until the Afterlife tie in. Personally I'm hoping for a bigger chain to have some sort of tie in with the film. Between movies we got the strange Sonic Drive In toys so it seems we'll get something new before the end of the year.

The biggest fingers crossed I have is for Ecto Cooler to return. Not just luck of the draw online or at the premiere. In stores like they did during Answer the Call. Or if they need to do it on a smaller scale maybe make it a theater chain exclusive? Something that puts that sweet green juice down everyone's eager throats.

Maybe we'll finally get Gary and Callie Plasma series figures. I'm really doubtful we'll see any RGB Kenner stuff.

Maybe a Hasbro trap? That'd kick ass.
As far as merch goes, I can see them repackaging some of the Afterlife stuff again. Re-release the plasma figures of the 4 newbies and present day Ray and Winston in uniform. Would love to see a Plasma Grooberson and Callie especially if either of them are going to be wearing the khakis and gear. I can see them putting out the roleplay toys again, even the RTV which really didn't get a wide release along with new figures of new major characters and roleplay toys of any new gear that gets shown off in the film.

As for higher-end stuff? a redux of the Spengler wand, but in it's stock, classic configuration which should be easy enough to do (okay, so they'd need to mold a new front grip and probably strip out the 2009 game mode features). A Plasma PKE Meter with or without the taser mode would be amazing as would a new Plasma series trap (which I STILL think they'll do as a HasLab item to include an RTV conversion... I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL!)
deadderek liked this
timeware wrote: March 18th, 2023, 12:38 am An awesome trailer for the movie would be have the remote control trap driving around the fire house on it's own. From the POV of the remote control trap trying to avoid people stepping on it. I think we'll see more it this time around.
I don't know about it being a full blown trailer, but that's an excellent idea for a teaser.
timeware liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]