By 66Cuda
I am planning on starting a trap build in the near future and wanted to get feedback on electronics. Ghost Mech 852 was recommended as a full electronics install. It looks like there aren't any other one stop shop kits, the others I've seen appear that you have to piece together with Arduino's and such. Is anyone else using the Ghost Mech kit, and if so, pro's and cons?

I plan on doing a pedal too and from what I can see it doesn't look like the Ghost Mech kit has a foot switch, does anyone know if that is true?

I'm also wondering about the smoke kit. I really want to get as much smoke as I can. I always remember the scene when they walk about of the ball room at the Sedgwick and the smoke is just billowing out of the trap. Is it even possible to pull that off with a kit like this or does it need to be a mini fog machine or something similar?

Appreciate the insight.
By 66Cuda
No one's got any experience with the Ghost Mech set up?

I did reach out to him and he says that there is a switch for a foot pedal.

I guess if no one has experience and I go this route I'll have to do a build thread.
By Phil Newhouse
Hello,
I'm waiting for the GhostMech852 I ordered 10 days ago.
This is for a BOK trap.
The switch for the foot pedal is connected to a hidden remote in the pedal.
66Cuda liked this
By 66Cuda
Phil Newhouse wrote: March 16th, 2023, 4:24 am Hello,
I'm waiting for the GhostMech852 I ordered 10 days ago.
This is for a BOK trap.
The switch for the foot pedal is connected to a hidden remote in the pedal.
Please keep me posted once you get the kit. I'll be very interested to hear how the kit works for you!
I am building a Charlesworth Dynamic trap.
By Phil Newhouse
Hello,
It's perfect, not to difficult to install, just to be carefull with the servo motor.
The seller helped me when I needed to.
there's a video of my working trap on facebook's Benofkent page
By Spectregater
Phil Newhouse wrote: March 28th, 2023, 2:08 am Hello,
It's perfect, not to difficult to install, just to be carefull with the servo motor.
The seller helped me when I needed to.
there's a video of my working trap on facebook's Benofkent page
Are you in the US? How long did it take to receive yours?
Just put an order in yesterday.
By virusxero
Does the Ghostmech852 kit work on the spirit halloween trap? (It lists the walmart trap as an option... but I'm not sure if they're that close.)
Cause if it does, even if it's $350 the fact it's basically a one stop shop means it looks like a pretty good price. (I'd love to see what a full Charlesworth kit would cost in comparison.)
By 66Cuda
virusxero wrote:Does the Ghostmech852 kit work on the spirit halloween trap? (It lists the walmart trap as an option... but I'm not sure if they're that close.)
Cause if it does, even if it's $350 the fact it's basically a one stop shop means it looks like a pretty good price. (I'd love to see what a full Charlesworth kit would cost in comparison.)
I don't know if it would or not. I have a spirit trap but I've never taken it apart.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]