By SpikeAPD
Anyone buy from Tom at Positron Props? I was interested in his hero shell for an ‘84 build and just curious what people’s experiences were. Positive? Negative? Mixed?
By tobycj
Tom is a very well regarded member of the community, so you'll have zero problems buying from him. Having followed the build process on the master for this shell I can say without doubt you won't be disappointed, it's a phenomenal shell, and in terms of accuracy only second to the Mack's Factory legacy shell imo (which is a direct cast of the super hero shell, so can't be beaten anyway!)
gamera1968, prodestrian liked this
By Astantax
Seconded - I recently bought a shell from Tom and it was far beyond my wildest expectations. Super accurate and maximum attention to detail. The materials he uses are such that I have no need to paint it at all - truly amazing work.
tobycj liked this
By Ebobhazard84
I got one of his shells a few months back. I love it. It's super detailed and has lots of the screen details, such as a-symmetry, visible nail heads, texture, etc. If you'd like any shots of the shell, let me know.

I talked to him a lot before buying and while he was making it. It's clear he takes a lot of pride in his shells. I'm going to be doing a build of it soon. I'll post pics here.
By austerebat
tobycj wrote: February 13th, 2023, 8:07 am Tom is a very well regarded member of the community, so you'll have zero problems buying from him. Having followed the build process on the master for this shell I can say without doubt you won't be disappointed, it's a phenomenal shell, and in terms of accuracy only second to the Mack's Factory legacy shell imo (which is a direct cast of the super hero shell, so can't be beaten anyway!) basket random
Exactly. The quality of the goods here far exceeds my expectations. I am very satisfied with every transaction.
Ebobhazard84, tobycj liked this
By Ebobhazard84
Tom is also a really great guy, too. During my build, I reached out to him multiple times and he was always responsive. Everything about his work and service is A+.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]