During a Twitchlivestream tonight, developer Illfonic has revealed some of the new surprises that are in-store for the next substantial update to Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed:

•Exclusive Necroplast skin for the Ectoplast ghosts, redeemable by players connecting their Twitch account to their Spirits Unleashed account (active from February 1st).
•New secondary equipment options: Belt Gizmo and Disruptor Pylon (inspired by the Tripod Traps).
Real Ghostbusters skins for the Proton Pack, P.K.E. Meter and the Ghost Trap.
•Sewn patch decals to customise your uniform.
•Ecto Zapper modification for the P.K.E. Meter (emulating the P.K.E. taser from Ghostbusters: Afterlife).
•The next Tenure level will unlock a collection of Ghostbusters-themed snow suits, and a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man hat.
Real Ghostbusters-inspired character customisation options: hairstyles and glasses, available through the Side Hustle menu.
•Quick Access Menu: to more quickly navigate around the game HUB.
•Players will now have the option to change ghost type during gameplay. When caught by the Ghostbusters, a ghost player will have the option to "remanifest" as a different ghost category after being trapped.
•New map "The Facility", themed around a disused medical facility with a morgue.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: March 10th, 2023, 4:49 am I really love the classic pack gear shells options for upgraded tech. Only thing I'd like to see is more hair style options and the ability to create your own name patch
More hair would always be welcome, but I can understand why they've not gone for a custom patch option: it'd be too difficult to police were someone to create something offensive with it.
Christof liked this
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: March 15th, 2023, 11:33 am I can se that point but then every second word I hear on Multiplayer is a curse...so...
That rather proves my point. It's not like Illfonic can just hire a team of people to monitor what's being said by online players during multiplayer 24/7... Even the big-league games would struggle to do that. They can't stop people from saying rude words during gameplay, but they can avoid one area of potential abuse by making the nametags a limited selection, rather than custom.
timeware wrote: March 15th, 2023, 4:11 pm WWE 2k23 has a preset list of names you can choose from in my rise mode. If they were to include common used names I don't see why they couldn't do something similar.
How big is the development team who worked on WWE 2K23, versus the one that worked on Spirits Unleashed? Sure it's possible to execute... If you have the staff and the money to do it.
Kingpin wrote: March 15th, 2023, 12:43 pm
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: March 15th, 2023, 11:33 am I can se that point but then every second word I hear on Multiplayer is a curse...so...
That rather proves my point. It's not like Illfonic can just hire a team of people to monitor what's being said by online players during multiplayer 24/7... Even the big-league games would struggle to do that. They can't stop people from saying rude words during gameplay, but they can avoid one area of potential abuse by making the nametags a limited selection, rather than custom.
I guess...but you can't even see the nametag very well so really what difference is it going to do? People dropping F bombs all over but oh yeah we censored the same guy who wrote it on his tag, that's you can't see cause your running around too much.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: March 18th, 2023, 5:58 am
Kingpin wrote: March 15th, 2023, 12:43 pm

I guess...but you can't even see the nametag very well so really what difference is it going to do? People dropping F bombs all over but oh yeah we censored the same guy who wrote it on his tag, that's you can't see cause your running around too much.
I haven't that much cursing, honestly it's not to bad compared to other games
Phoebe was mentioned by Ray and is directly referenced if you look at the chess board on the second floor.

As for Firehouse/Hell's Kitchen/Ghostbusters: IN SPAAAAAAACE content, I wouldn't expect in DLC 2 or 3. It's POSSIBLE we may see something in 4, the very last DLC planned. Now, MAYBE we'll get lucky and the powers that be will extend support of the game, they'll add in some stuff from GB4...

Illfonic is pretty tight lipped about upcoming content and trying to figure it out in the past has been... well, completely wrong XD The only thing we know is more content is coming, Extreme Ghostbuster cosmetics were all but confirmed, and that's it. I'm really hoping the next DLC comes early next month. Love the game, but I'm dying for new things to see and unlock (and Tenure 3).
timeware wrote: March 22nd, 2023, 11:18 pm With Firehouse coming out does anyone think we'll see GB4 related content before or after the movie in December? Has Illfonic mentioned plans to add other cast members from the movie? Phoebe at least has been mentioned by Ray.
As zeta said, Illfonic is tight lipped and has never said anything about adding more cast into the game. But on the other hand, Mckenna Grace and Logan Kim were at that press event for to game. Kim seemed to have hinted at recording for the game in a cryptic tweet months ago but no follow ups of that so it remains a mystery. Of course, Laura Summer has done some unofficial promoting online. If anymore cast getting added, they would likely just be NPCs in the Firehouse. Or maybe on the computer in Eddy's lab you can access Podcast's podcasts. Something like that I would imagine.
Kingpin liked this
Bison256 wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 4:24 am I'd been more excited for content based extreme Ghostbusters or even the 2016 movie. Like gear shells and cosmetics like hair, glasses and clothes. Why haven't we got a shell of the Spengler pack from afterlife?
I'm sure those are all upcoming. Yeah, an Afterlife Spengler pack is a slam dunk idea for a pack shell. We already got the RTV and Snub Nose for example for the trap and thrower.
zeta otaku liked this
    Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]