Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
The cast has been gifted a 3 cookie set to commemorate the start of production: No Ghost sign, Slimer, and Ecto-1.
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/03/29 ... on-begins/

Nanjiani is in London. He visited the Biryani Supper Club on his day off from filming on March 27. Sporting some blond.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqUvJeooMkf/
Kingpin, deadderek, Davideverona and 1 others liked this
Some pure speculation here but my local prison (Shepton Mallet Prison) just announced at very short notice that they are closed to visitors for the next few days due to a filming production.

Location is a tourist venue now and not used as an actual prison. Other films and shows it’s been used for include Paddington 2, Des, Grantchester and The Outlaws.

Now it’s quite regularly closed for filming but it’s rare for it to be such short notice and even rarer for it not to leak out what it’s for. Usually the prisons socials are all like “we’re going to be in x new show, filming in (date months away)”. Could be a coincidence of course… or could we be seeing what happened to the scoleri brothers?

Unfortunately I’m going away today so won’t be able to take a sneaky drive down there to see if I can spot anything.
Alphagaia, deadderek, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
Oh yeah and the Prison used the hashtag #paranormalinvestigations although they often make a big deal about it supposedly being haunted.

Alphagaia liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: March 30th, 2023, 5:08 am
Alphagaia wrote:Haunted prison, haunted amusement park.
Was there any evidence for the latter or just fans wishing for it?
The only evidence we have so far, is the ecto-1 being spotted in Florida near a Six Flagg's, and the prison from the UK being used for a film location, if I'm not mistaking.

So the amusement park is very high up in wishful thinking
The Gentlemen -From Guy Ritchie, new Netflix show set in the same world as 2019's The Gentlemen introducing a new array of characters led by Theo James and Kaya Scodelario.

The Chelsea Detective season 2 - For Acorn TV, the show follows UK Television favourite Adrian Scarborough - starring as DI Max Arnold - investigating murders throughout one of London's most picturesque boroughs.

Feel like possible candidates as well, but it's at least something to look out for, plus it's a good marketing tie in with the brand since the prison is 'haunted'.
mrmichaelt liked this
Alphagaia wrote: March 30th, 2023, 5:13 am
The only evidence we have so far, is the ecto-1 being spotted in Florida near a Six Flagg's,
There is no Six Flags in Florida. The reddit user who posted said it was the one in Valencia, CA (right near Los Angeles). Neither Afterlife Ectos have been at Sony for a while, I assumed they both were at WB Leavesden. Anytime I've seen them both transported (at least domestically), they still have the roof rack attached.
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
https://www.google.com/amp/s/popculture ... exclusive/

"I can't really say very much about [the character] except something about my appearance is different in it," Nanjiani told PopCulture coyly, adding that the film he "really does move the world forward quite a bit."

Scientist? Villain? A friendly ghost who needs the Ghostbusters?
Alphagaia, starang11, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
Corey91 wrote: March 30th, 2023, 12:18 pm
Alphagaia wrote: March 30th, 2023, 5:13 am
The only evidence we have so far, is the ecto-1 being spotted in Florida near a Six Flagg's,
There is no Six Flags in Florida. The reddit user who posted said it was the one in Valencia, CA (right near Los Angeles). Neither Afterlife Ectos have been at Sony for a while, I assumed they both were at WB Leavesden. Anytime I've seen them both transported (at least domestically), they still have the roof rack attached.

My mistake! Thanks for the correction.
Corey91 wrote: March 30th, 2023, 12:18 pmI assumed they both were at WB Leavesden.
Given the flexibility offered by having two cars to work with, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept one in the US to speed up any on-location filming in the Big Apple, when they get to that point.

Also, the one seen near Six Flags was being transported domestically without it's roof rack:

On the note of potential New York filming... Hook & Ladder №8.
How do you guys see the likely depiction of the place? They could either dress up the Firehouse entirely to look run down, dress up part of it (Ground floor front, and maybe some of the side as well), or distress it all digitally?

I'd love for them to go the whole-hog and dress the whole Firehouse up for the film, but doing so means you've got the sidewalk and station obstructed for a longer period of time than if it was something small and concise, and you've got to pour more money into dirtying-up the whole building... As opposed to just a section of it, and you have less flexibility to film things in a short, tidy period of time that'd then allow you to move swiftly onto the next bit of filming in a more controllable environment.

That's why I think they might go for a half-way practical/digital approach.

Having some practical distressing works to the aesthetic/approach Jason employed in Afterlife in trying to do as much practically, which Gil may continue, while distressing the upper storeys of the Firehouse digitally works with allowing for a quick rig/de-rig of any set dressing... And keeping the disruption to the H&L 8 crew to a minimum.

Either they'd go for applying impermanent paint to the walls to dirty it up, or they might build a duplicate facade which they'll dirty-up and vandalize, and stand it in front of the real Firehouse, then whip it away for any "post clean-up/reopening" shots.
mrmichaelt liked this
Davideverona wrote: March 30th, 2023, 12:56 pmhttps://www.google.com/amp/s/popculture ... exclusive/

"I can't really say very much about [the character] except something about my appearance is different in it," Nanjiani told PopCulture coyly, adding that the film he "really does move the world forward quite a bit."

Sounds like a ghost, maybe they're gonna be going to "the ghost world" ala Spirits Unleashed.
On the firehouse, I don't see them doing too much distressing at the actual station, mostly because that could interfere with the daily operation of it. Any distressing could be done at the set build of the firehouse it seems like they built.
But that also raises the question of if they're going to be doing any filming at Hook and Ladder. If they built the entire set on a soundstage, why use it? They probably and hopefully will, it would be a very effective final shot of a refurbished Ecto-1 blasting out of the doors of the actual firehouse, but that thought's been nagging at me since it was announced they were filming in London. They've got to have some filming planned for NYC, right?
SpaceBallz wrote: March 30th, 2023, 2:19 pm
Davideverona wrote: March 30th, 2023, 12:56 pmhttps://www.google.com/amp/s/popculture ... exclusive/

Sounds like a ghost, maybe they're gonna be going to "the ghost world" ala Spirits Unleashed.
I suspect if they have a name actor playing a ghost it'll be leaning into the "morality of Ghostbusting" stuff the Hasbro Spengler journal teased. Felt a weird addition if it had no wider context.
SpaceBallz liked this
Davideverona wrote: March 30th, 2023, 12:56 pm "I can't really say very much about [the character] except something about my appearance is different in it," Nanjiani told PopCulture coyly, adding that the film he "really does move the world forward quite a bit."
Very interesting. Sounds like there could be a significant time jump here (makes sense given the kids are now a few years older), perhaps bypassing another "getting back in business" story? And yet, the Wrecto still looks the same from what we've seen, so I don't know what to think.
Im not sure what to think either. I thought it be a simple “Winston + the Spenglers” story taking place not long after the events of GBA, i was thinking an element is they “move” into the firehouse and go from there.

However.. The casting news threw me through a loop. Not only that, the official synopsis disappeared from most sources. I dunno if thats spoiler damage protection or if theyre gonna go with an alternate script.

I was really excited with that synopsis leak though.

I wonder if well get another piece of the puzzle soon or are they gonna wait give us a juicy chunk in June? I say teaser trailer on Gb day. Gb day last year was all the announcements, so it only makes sense that this Gb day is all the progress.
On her insta story, Mckenna Grace mentions she's on BBC Radio 1 today.

I wonder if he's a scientist that builds a game changer of a device but it inadvertently leads to the latest paranormal surge by mistake. I recall in either the E&S or the Cohen GB3 scripts, there was a mention by Aykroyd of modern day anti-matter research and CERN would be a "breeding ground for the paranormal."
Davideverona wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/popculture ... exclusive/

mrmichaelt wrote:I wonder if he's a scientist that builds a game changer of a device but it inadvertently leads to the latest paranormal surge by mistake. I recall in either the E&S or the Cohen GB3 scripts, there was a mention by Aykroyd of modern day anti-matter research and CERN would be a "breeding ground for the paranormal."
Man it really is fun trying to see if there is a deeper meaning to what he is saying. LOL!

I get the feeling that the franchise and this particular movie is in great hands. Being that the franchise is still being overseen by it’s first and biggest fan. I can’t believe how excited I am for this next movie. I still think that this film has a bit of disadvantage because it has to follow Afterlife. Of course it’s no different than the disadvantage any other sequel has. After all the same can be said for Ghostbusters 2. Should be interesting though, I mean this will be the first major paranormal threat without Egon there to help, not even in the form of a ghost, with him at peace it will be interesting to see if Phoebe will be stepping in as the new brains all while staying true to her own character.

I am thinking that Kumail would make an excellent villain, mad scientist type, lacky like Poha, or even a Ghostbuster. I am not expecting much in the way of new Ghostbusters though. No as far as I am concerned the new team will consist of Phoebe, Callie, Grooberson, Podcast, Lucky and Trevor. I am looking forward to seeing how those characters grow. It will be great to see them in the New York setting. I can’t wait to find out why and how they get involved. I am looking forward to a threat that is so epic in scale that it will take every experienced Ghostbuster on hand to stop it and again remind the world that the Ghostbusters are going to be a necessity in the world they’re building. :):):)
It would be interesting to see them play out a Paul Smart story line with Kumail. Instead of having him dating Janine you could have him Being Phoebe's professor and turning in one of her projects as his own invention. Even starting his own team until he's found out. Not saying they'll add robo buster but taking those ideas would work.
philmorgan81, mrmichaelt, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
timeware wrote: March 30th, 2023, 7:03 pm It would be interesting to see them play out a Paul Smart story line with Kumail. Instead of having him dating Janine you could have him Being Phoebe's professor and turning in one of her projects as his own invention. Even starting his own team until he's found out. Not saying they'll add robo buster but taking those ideas would work.

Well it is something that certainly hasn’t been explored in the films. It has in the comics, cartoon, and the RPGs. I can see him being some kind of business rival of Winston’s. I can see Kumail playing this wealthy arrogant businessman that unknowingly causes a problem by trying to compete with Zeddemore Inc. :):):)
timeware wrote:It would be interesting to see them play out a Paul Smart story line with Kumail. Instead of having him dating Janine you could have him Being Phoebe's professor and turning in one of her projects as his own invention. Even starting his own team until he's found out. Not saying they'll add robo buster but taking those ideas would work.
I'm reading your post and you basically described "Real Genius", ha. Even Atherton was in it.
SpaceBallz liked this
timeware wrote: March 30th, 2023, 7:50 pm Never saw it. But, like the rest of us I'd like to see some Real Ghostbusters stories worked into the movies. They surprisingly had some decent writers.
Might be a bit of a hot take, but I'm not one who wants to see RGB episodes get turned into movies. Sure, Samhain and the Boogeyman would be great to see in live action, but I've also seen them before. I want new stuff to be in that same league.
That said, a rival team or company would be so cool to see, because there are so many ways you can play that.
Rookie99 wrote: March 30th, 2023, 8:24 pm
timeware wrote: March 30th, 2023, 7:50 pm Never saw it. But, like the rest of us I'd like to see some Real Ghostbusters stories worked into the movies. They surprisingly had some decent writers.
Might be a bit of a hot take, but I'm not one who wants to see RGB episodes get turned into movies. Sure, Samhain and the Boogeyman would be great to see in live action, but I've also seen them before. I want new stuff to be in that same league.
That said, a rival team or company would be so cool to see, because there are so many ways you can play that.

I am the same way. I don’t really want to see stories that I have already seen in the cartoons played out in the movies. I want to see stuff that hasn’t been seen yet. I want the threat to be completely new. I would only want to see the Boogieman, Samhain, or the Grundel as easter eggs. Similar to how they worked Bug Eye in Afterlife. :):):)

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]