Everything else works but the lights failed

I admit ive replaced the batteries with a power pack and installed a usb splitter to get a usb device connected and I had a keep alive mod just installed but when the lights stopped working I removed all mods but the power pack and its still dead in the cyclotron, so I think its something else.

Did anyone else have their cyclotron lights fail and possibly determine the cause? All the wires and connections look fine. (I emailed hasbro since i heard they are sending out replacement parts including a new cyclotron, lid im assuming.)
CT0760 wrote: March 29th, 2023, 9:07 pm Everything else works but the lights failed

I admit ive replaced the batteries with a power pack and installed a usb splitter to get a usb device connected and I had a keep alive mod just installed but when the lights stopped working I removed all mods but the power pack and its still dead in the cyclotron, so I think its something else.

Did anyone else have their cyclotron lights fail and possibly determine the cause? All the wires and connections look fine. (I emailed hasbro since i heard they are sending out replacement parts including a new cyclotron, lid im assuming.)
That is very strange. I personally haven't heard of the lights failing like that. I

f I were you, I'd wait for Hasbro to send out a replacement cyclotron cover and hope it's not an electrical issue b/c of the mods you've made. Best of luck!!
Well if everything else is working then it seems unlikely the lid is faulty since the circuitry is just wires and lights, if one light failed the rest don't fail . So i'd suggest it is the connection between the lid and pack. There is four pins but the connection is to flat copper that can oxidize or get dirty. Try getting a q-tip and clean connections with alcohol and get a pin/neeedle to gently scratch the surface of the copper. It's the first place i'd look at in this situation.
Ill try anything, hasbro support wants a picture of my pack with a handwritten reference number on it

Ugh I hope they can fix/replace it.

EDIT: tried using q tips with isopropyl alcohol, no luck; but I dont think its the connection since the lid affects the pack like normal, turning off the pack when its disconnected, and the connections look clean already.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]