Brand new here - I saw the " Two in the Trap" release on Hasbro Pulse (crowd funded project) and my mind has been racing ever since. I would love if someone could create a mod that does the following:

The trap opens a CLOUD of smoke comes out
A small micro / pico project projects images of Ghosts INTO the SMOKE cloud
then the smoke is SUCKED back into the trap - and it closes ....

The sucking smoke into the trap could be similar to the spirit halloween prop - soul suckers that sucks smoke (the sole) from a little girl - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu6UPDZmGoQ

Any takers????? willing to try and build one then sell instructions or a kit?

Thanks,

Ryan
Interesting question though. During development, the Mattel trap was trialled like this, with smoke and a little fan inside that sucked up the smoke. I don't know about a light projector onto the smoke though. The recent Adam Savage video on the trap details a fairly large compartment inside (where Adam put a smoke machine), I wouldn't say it's going to be impossible to do what you suggest.

It would be extremely cool if you can pull it off!
rmwilsonysr1975 liked this
rmwilsonysr1975 wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 12:32 pm it was the concept i was trying to share - the idea of the trap sucking the smoke back in ...
Still not entirely convinced this is possible. With the Spirit thing you shared, you have the smoke being pushed out by one fan directly into another fan. But you're talking about one fan pushing the smoke out and then pulling it back in. Maybe it will pull a little back in but I think a lot may have already dissipated into the air by the, so you may not get the effect you want.

Maybe it's possible by having one fan push the smoke out at a low speed (so it doesn't move too far away from the trap, and stays thick enough that the projector works), and two fans pull it back in at a higher speed (more chance of catching the smoke). Unfortunately unless someone has all the parts ready to go (and free time to experiment) you might not get an answer on if it's possible.

There's also the question of whether all of this will fit into a movie-sized trap, or if you have to go with an oversized trap to fit everything in.
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]