Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Broccoli
One time wrote: February 1st, 2024, 1:11 pm
Talyn wrote: February 1st, 2024, 1:07 pm I was not aware of the wire cutting issue, I have a 1st release wand, never had a problem, even after opening it up a couple times. Is there anything that can be done to avoid the issue?
Slow the release of the barrel with your hand. Don't let it snap open. Or take it apart and put some foam on the hard stop.

Spengler V1: No foam (wire would maybe cut unless you slowed the extension of the barrel with your other hand)
Spengler V2 Orange Barrel: Foam but the barrel locking catch would wear out and the barrel would not stay locked in place.

1984: Probably same as V2 Spengler
Thanks for the info. I had heard something like that was done for version 2, but I never saw any pictures to confirm it.

Is there any tutorial out there on how to mod the version 1 to add the foam?
One time liked this
By LeoCor Replicas
That is irritating, though I'm hoping that's just cause it's a prototype. I just wish that the mode change button could function using an actual momentary switch like on the props, instead of Hasbro disguising it under what is in reality a light bulb.
By One time
Broccoli wrote: February 1st, 2024, 7:46 pm
One time wrote: February 1st, 2024, 1:11 pm

Slow the release of the barrel with your hand. Don't let it snap open. Or take it apart and put some foam on the hard stop.

Spengler V1: No foam (wire would maybe cut unless you slowed the extension of the barrel with your other hand)
Spengler V2 Orange Barrel: Foam but the barrel locking catch would wear out and the barrel would not stay locked in place.

1984: Probably same as V2 Spengler
Thanks for the info. I had heard something like that was done for version 2, but I never saw any pictures to confirm it.

Is there any tutorial out there on how to mod the version 1 to add the foam?
Here you go:

At 37:50s
Dr.D wrote: February 1st, 2024, 2:32 pm On the subject of wands, I wonder if anyone has any insight that could help with my issue. My afterlife wand seems to have die due to the springs in the end of the rear handle getting so horribly twisted out of shape as to no longer connect the circuit. Assuming this happened due to twisting the hose in place to tightly, but has anyone else had this issue and is there any way to prevent it happening again?
You don't need to twist the hose in extremely tight at all. This is plastic we are talking about. The tape trick (thin band of tape around the inner raised proton pack side of the hose connector, avoiding the "safety" bump) fixes all connection problems
Dr.D liked this
One time wrote: February 1st, 2024, 1:37 pm

Last year I swore a 1984 wand would be coming up. Check my previous posts. All the tooling was done. It was a simple plastic swap on the grips.

it was basically a certainty, especially given the card sleeve on the Spengler wand box has a silhouette of the 84 wand on it.

Unfortunately they done it the quick and dirty way so they could utilise 90% of what they already had in terms of moulds\tooling etc so the wand body retains all the imperfections as on the spengler wand.

The black hat light is the thing that I'm finding particularly annoying, where did they get the idea it was black? Its like they remembered the matty wand had it in black and just copied that. And how Matty collector ended up with it black is even more baffling as they claimed to have had some of the screen used packs in their office for a few weeks when the wand was being designed.

Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 3:27 am Wondering if they'll release a Frozen Empire variant later in the year...
If they do expect more of the same, same moulds etc just a different grip, quick and easy cash in.
Last edited by gerard55 on February 2nd, 2024, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One time liked this
Disappointing they didn't do a proper 84, minus the rust-bubbling paint, minus the bent emitter tip etc and how did they somehow make the "clippard" even worse? If I didn't already have two spengler wands (one of which heavily modded) I'd probably have got one though.
Mercifull wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 6:17 pm Disappointing they didn't do a proper 84, minus the rust-bubbling paint, minus the bent emitter tip etc and how did they somehow make the "clippard" even worse? If I didn't already have two spengler wands (one of which heavily modded) I'd probably have got one though.
Also would have been nice if they repositioned the green barrel extension lever to the correct placement for the original films' packs, but considering this is a Hasbro product, I'm not surprised they didn't.
LeoCor Replicas wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 11:24 am It is odd, especially since (going off of reference images) that particular light is either orange or a milky white/clear. At least it's a small detail, easily fixed with a bit of paint, but it would've been nice if Hasbro could just fix it.
I'm considering cutting it off, replacing it with a real hat light and wiring it to another light.
LeoCor Replicas liked this
gerard55 wrote: February 4th, 2024, 3:31 pm
LeoCor Replicas wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 11:24 am It is odd, especially since (going off of reference images) that particular light is either orange or a milky white/clear. At least it's a small detail, easily fixed with a bit of paint, but it would've been nice if Hasbro could just fix it.
I'm considering cutting it off, replacing it with a real hat light and wiring it to another light.
I did the same with the mode change button. Wired the button to a real momentary switch, and added an LED with a light shroud covering the hole where the fake hat light was previously. The new LED was wired to the orange one underneath the Clippard.

gerard55, gamera1968, kahuna900 and 1 others liked this
Just for record keeping, the wand is now set to pre-order and ships March 1.

RealGhostbusterJay heard it was QA issue and posted this in the News section:
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: February 7th, 2024, 1:02 pm I see they're on pre order now. Though I heard through some boards this was due to many wands having QA issues and Hasbro wanted to fix things before sending more out again. Thought the Spengler wand itself had issues even on their second orange cap versions. On of mine was sent back for QA issues. Third time isn't a charm I guess.
Just received one from Hasbro so of course I powered it up and timed a few things and now have opened it up...
Same timeouts as before, basically 30 seconds.

Internals:
Bumper pads for barrel popping open with wires in sleeve and a slightly different structure to capture the wires. (I need a new mounting block for my Wand KeepAlive board).
http://www.ghostlab42.com/img/Spengler/P1280760.JPG
http://www.ghostlab42.com/img/Spengler/P1280759.JPG

Looks like the same circuit board, but will test the Spengler wand KeepAlive in this tonight.
http://www.ghostlab42.com/img/Spengler/P1280747.JPG
LeoCor Replicas liked this
So the noticeable differences that if you wanted movie prop accuracy, the mods required are:
*The Clippard Valve is slightly longer than the one used on the Spengler's Neutrona Wand/movie prop
*The hat light on the gunbox is painted black. The hat light on the Spengler's Neutrona Wand/prop is orange.
*Near the front grip, the momentary switch is painted red. The momentary switch on the Spengler's Neutrona Wand is black.
*There is a black wire coming out of the front grip. The movie prop had a clear wire with red, yellow and black wiring running through it.
*Can use alcohol wipes to take away the silver
*Orange tip, can paint it silver
*Do the grips need to be swapped out?
mrmichaelt wrote: February 24th, 2024, 8:00 pm Not on Amazon anymore but pre-orders on Entertainment Earth with an April release window. With the WINTER79 free shipping coupon, I think it's $40 cheaper than Hasbro Pulse's site.
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... ca/hsf9876
My order just shipped an hour ago, UPS Ground, with an estimate for Tuesday. Not bad! Especially when the initial estimate was April.
deadderek liked this
Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]