By alphabeta001
So for my second pack I reached out to 12thFloorMovieProps on etsy and purchased their proton pack kit.

This included the main body, Ion Arm, PPD and N-Filter all in one package. I've worked with some smaller 3-d parts, lightsabres and the like but nothing this big before.

Parcel arrived well packaged and I was kept up to date with the process every step of the way.
The product itself is well made and has 5mm thick walls and 100% infill... whatever that means.
Apparently it is based on GB1, but is obviously the idealized straightened shapes. No wonk here sadly.

I had asked for no work to be carried out on the pack as I had wanted to carry out some changes, alas that got lost in a message and the crank box was attached.

I got to work adding texture and filling a few gaps and adding some detail to the powercell and to the corner of the EDA while considering options for the wand.
By prodestrian
As I understand it, this is a print of Q-pack MK1 files which have been slightly modified. There's now a Q-pack MK4 available which has a lot of screen accuracy improvements, not sure why he's still selling the MK1 version of Quentin's files.

100% infill means printed solid. That's never advised for a pack, it's going to be insanely heavy if true. Usually 15-20% is enough for most parts, otherwise you're just adding weight and wasting filament.

The original q-pack files are available here: https://github.com/mr-kiou/q-pack
You can use the branch selector to choose MK4, MK3, MK2, or MK1 and either view them online or download and look at them locally. Unfortunately I believe the different versions are incompatible with each other, so you most likely can't attach MK4 parts with a MK1 pack. But it might give you some ideas on what you could modify if needed. I believe the MK2 was where a lot of the "wonk" was first added to the files. For example here where the lower left corner of the EDA was sliced off to match the hero packs:
https://github.com/mr-kiou/q-pack/blob/ ... eda_01.stl
By alphabeta001
So I continued with the build and assembled the parts together with a mix of screws and some super glue.

I find I much prefer a fibreglass shell to work with as it just feels better and looks right. None of this part forming. The parts are too straight. I'm looking forward to PChrisBosh1's 3d shell and to find somewhere to get it printed, but that will be my final foray into 3d packs I think.

I sourced some plastic pipes to make the booster tube and the injectors and the HGA from.

I then had a go at making my own booster frame. It is not intended to be 100% accurate, but I did use modern Ticonderoga pencils and some rubber mat and masonite. Final photo is a comparison with my Nick-a-Tron one.

Turned out pretty good and with a coat of knock off plasti-dip to give it a more matt black look, I'm happy with it.
prodestrian liked this
By alphabeta001
So the pack is 95% finished. I have an eBay light kit in her and have attached the Spengler 1984 wand to be the sound kit. The pack lights run separately on a switch in the rear of the pack. The dixie hook will get replaced for one of Wertheimers Hardware Hasbro hooks soon as payday rolls around.
Tried to make my own ion arm topper from a block of aluminium but slipped at the last second. The wonky edge is only slightly noticeable, more so for us fans. I will try recipes for aging the brass after the film release.
Hand cut my own mobo, which was.. fun. Finally completed and attached to the alice pack.
Thanks for looking.
tobycj, Winaiden liked this

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]