Hey guys i havent posted in a while so i thought i should......just wanted to say hi to all the aussie fans and keep on bustin' hopefully theres some more aussie interest when the anniversary comes around next year...
stay frosty!
Hey VB, I'm still here occasionally. Not very regularly though.

Gonna do some work on my pack this week! Have to see what I can get done before I go back to work next week.

Just got back from the Elvis festival yesterday arvo. That was an awesome time, and I'm not even a big Elvis fan. Lots of nice Cadillacs there (including mine, lol).
Howdy from Bendigo!
Pleased to meet all you Aussie busters!
Currently working on "stunt packs" for a GB movie I'm making with my step brother. I'm making it out of corrigated plastic sheeting,some resin parts and my body weight in hot glue.from a distance it should look Ok.
Hey, ted+annette, hey bnkpro.

Good luck with your stunt packs, dude. I'm waiting on some parts for my pack at the moment. I ordered a crank knob from a surplus shop and a heat sink from Exoray. Nothing's cheap these days which sux. Most of my pack I built myself, but those small fine details which are hard to scrap build cost a fortune.
Ok so I was wanting an answer on this...you know the phrase "A dingo ate my baby."? Is that based on a true story, or is it just mythic Aboriginal lore? And what the heck is a barbie(sp)? you know, "shrimp on the barbie"? I could google it, but I'm sure this is more fun.
The dingo story is true. In 1980 a family was camping at Ayres Rock and a dingo apparently dragged the baby from the tent while the parents were chatting with other campers. The cops didn't believe the story and the mother was charged with murdering the baby, went to jail for a number of years, and was later found not guilty after forensic examinations concluded that a dingo probably did take the baby after all.

Dingo's are a bit like wolves, native dogs to Australia.

A barbie is a barbeque. We don't even have shrimp here, they're called prawns. The shrimp thing came from a tourism ad in the mid 80's by Crocodile Dundee aimed at Americans. Steaks and sausages on the barbie are heaps better! hehe.
Hi guys!
Another fellow Aussie here too.

Just toying with building a proton pack atm and doing some research.. I've been looking at Alkalines fibreglass shell..

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 31&t=17258

Have most of the Aussies hand build their packs?
I was looking into it back in July (for a party) after seeing the guides on Instructables... but was too short notice. Plus I couldn't find any prototype modelling foam... So now I'm looking at shells. Hmm decisions!
MickeyJuice wrote:Have most of the Aussies hand build their packs?
I was looking into it back in July (for a party) after seeing the guides on Instructables... but was too short notice. Plus I couldn't find any prototype modelling foam... So now I'm looking at shells. Hmm decisions!
Yeah I built mine from scratch as well. You could do most of it yourself if you had time and tools. It's just the little knobs and resisters and tubes that you'll need to source from GB suppliers on the net.
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Looks like it might be too cost prohibitive to import shells from the US. :(
Has anyone imported shells before?

Charlie_Richter wrote:Hey,

Welcome to the forum.

I have hand built two packs so far, First one from Foam Core the Second from MDF.
Where did you get the foam core from Charlie?
Hey folks, fanboy from Western Australia signing on.

I'm been posting randomly over the boards and I keep forgetting to make some introductions here.

I've been a fan of Ghostbusters since I was a kid, and have recently rediscovered that long subdued passion to finally get my own equipment .. no thanks in part to the new game, and having way too much free time waiting for uni to start again.

I'm a currently studying a screen major and a game design major at Murdoch University, so I'm looking forward to showing off my creations on the screen in the near future.

Maybe some time in the future we need to show off our gear I can get the cameras together and have a blast (I still need to learn how to do the proton effects, but that'll have to wait).
Hi everyone, figured I should speak up since there's not that many Aussie GB fans here. Been coming to this site for long time now but never joined in on the forums.

I haven't started work yet on a proton pack but hopefully I will soon. It's been on the list for a while now, the list of things to build just seems to grow larger every time I look at it.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]