Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
It was more about the PKE thing being brought back up in a Mighty sale thread. I completely understand that he owes people money for other products, products that were sold outside our forum. Im not defending him at all, he just hasn't failed to deliver what he sold in the hardcore forum. So based on that alone we try to keep the topics directly related to the original post. I do believe there is already an open discussion about the PKE on that forum. Comments about money owed for a PKE are welcome there. If there isn't one, there probably should be one created to keep all other threads on topic. Personally I think he should just settle up and get this monkey off his back so everyone can just move on.
nstevic01 wrote:It was more about the PKE thing being brought back up in a Mighty sale thread. I completely understand that he owes people money for other products, products that were sold outside our forum. Im not defending him at all, he just hasn't failed to deliver what he sold in the hardcore forum. So based on that alone we try to keep the topics directly related to the original post. I do believe there is already an open discussion about the PKE on that forum. Comments about money owed for a PKE are welcome there. If there isn't one, there probably should be one created to keep all other threads on topic. Personally I think he should just settle up and get this monkey off his back so everyone can just move on.
So just because he owes other people and products, that were not sold on your site it's okay for him to continue to keep up this pattern?
You do realize by not allowing people to express their concerns on whether or not he will deliver products you are aiding and abetting in his troubles. Yes he should settle up with everyone, but hey he hasn't screwed you over so why should it be a concern of yours, if members on your Facebook page have been screwed over right as long as it didn't happen to you you're cool with his business practices. What if you were one of the unfortunates who didn't get their refunds or their products would you still allow him to sell on your page?
I think you would be as frustrated and upset as everyone that this has affected, but hey like you said he's delivered your stuff and to people on your page so what difference does it make about the people who have been in this mess going on almost 5 years now, not your problem right?
Azevedo, momeraths24, AMC78 and 3 others liked this
It's quite clear no matter what I say here, I'm the bad guy. Is the PKE thing my problem, no. I'm not responsible for people's past actions. Yes it sucks that it went south 5 years ago, but that doesn't make it my problem. As far as his sales on the hardcore forum, the only reason they are allowed is that he has delivered everything to everyone who has from him through there.

On another note, I do believe it was you that I helped get money back for your PKE. If I didn't mediate between you and Shawn that would have never taken place.
Nathan, ya know I love you guys, but the fact of the matter is that there are still many people who have been ripped off by him, and until he makes it right that's dishonest, and is outright theft.

Just because he hasn't done it there [yet] doesn't make it right and by defending him, (in many people's eyes) it's guilt by association. (And part of the reason he probably hasn't done it there yet is because he has realized he has already burned almost all of his bridges, and is trying to plow new ground, instead of repairing all the damage he's left behind him.)

By harboring a known thief, you lessen Hardcore's reputation to many people.

(And yes, taking money from people and not delivering product or giving a refund in a timely manner IS theft.)
Azevedo, cowbybill, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
This post is delving into a back and forth argument, and is borderline against the rules.

However...
nstevic01 wrote:The posts were not relevant to the topic started. Plain and simple, posts like that here get deleted as well.
This is not true. We don't delete posts in the Feedback forum. If this occurred on a thread (non Feedback forum), it would also likely not be deleted. Users would be warned not to continue with the back and forth and the thread may be locked. Being that this is the feedback forum, posts will not be locked or deleted.

I do not like to see things spill over from other sites, but given that this is a Feedback thread about a specific individual and we're talking about the actions of said person... this is all on topic.

What I see when I look at the Hardcore Group (and since I am blocked from seeing it, only from screen caps like these), I see blinders. You want Shawn to deliver parts to your members, you want him to sell stuff and be successful because you feel you need him and his parts. The only way to do this is by deleting legitimate concerns and prevent your members from being exposed to any kind of knowledge of a problem. If members were aware, they might not buy from Shawn.. which would then cause problems with people receiving their stuff... because there wouldn't be enough money to produce the kits in the first place.

There is also the problem that you have given Shawn the only place he has left that he can turn to for support. He knows if he doesn't deliver to your members, he is done. Just because that is happening... does not mean he is delivering to others. Given his history of double selling kits, who is to say he doesn't sell kits to more than one person and only ships to your members?

To forgive him for his past, just because he hasn't screwed up on your site yet... is extremely naive.

This is all about ethics in the end. Shawn's actions are extremely unethical. He silenced people that he still owed parts to, when trying to raise money for a new project. That's the same exact thing that is happening here again. EXCEPT the hardcore group is now the one doing the cover up.

I know personally between me and Julz, NEITHER of us would have contributed money to the MIGHTY if we had known there were still people owed parts going back 2-3 years at that point.

You are welcome to take your own risk and put your users through that risk. I have an ethical and moral obligation to not allow that to happen here again.
Azevedo, momeraths24, cowbybill and 4 others liked this
I just want to say I agree with most everyone's concerns, I'll say my peace and then bow out with whatever diminished reputation I have now.
AJ Quick wrote:You want Shawn to deliver parts to your members, you want him to sell stuff and be successful because you feel you need him and his parts. The only way to do this is by deleting legitimate concerns and prevent your members from being exposed to any kind of knowledge of a problem.
I can see how one would come to that conclusion, however it really isn't true. We dont need him at all (personally and in the forum), there are plenty of other avenues for obtaining a like product and they are all welcome to sell there as long as they adhere to the rules.

In regards to the post deleting, unfortunately on Facebook we only have two options. Allow the post to get out of hand and lead to an argument that lasts for days (which it has), and in that case it becomes the only thing people see and just makes for a bad environment. The only other option is to delete it. Warnings are usually always given but end up not doing any good. We sadly do not have the luxury of locking a thread for all to see and not post on. (unless someone knows a way, id love to find out). But we aren't selectively deleting comments, the whole thread just ends up being removed due to it getting derailed rather quickly. We have had delete quite a few threads, particularly ones that bash other forums (gbfans included), ones involving videobob, recasting, the list goes on.

This has ultimately led to the group being private since people would just make a new account and come back on to cause trouble. Its nothing personal for anyone who can't find it legitimately, it's just the best way we have found to run the place given the limited resources Facebook provides for administering a page.
AJ Quick wrote: There is also the problem that you have given Shawn the only place he has left that he can turn to for support. He knows if he doesn't deliver to your members, he is done. Just because that is happening... does not mean he is delivering to others. Given his history of double selling kits, who is to say he doesn't sell kits to more than one person and only ships to your members?
You are right, he has shown some shady business dealings. Even in knowing his past business practices, he hasn't broke the rules yet on the Hardcore site. In hindsight we maybe should have implemented a better system for sellers, but we can't change the past. Once he does break the rules though, he is gone. There was a disclaimer posted about Shawn and his past on there, where to get more info and a warning to proceed with caution with any seller, not just Shawn. I do agree with your statement about double selling though, there is always that possibility.

That's it, just wanted to clear up the bit about deleting. I apologize if this ended up getting off track.
Gareee, Ernest Reid liked this
Man, I'm not a die-hard GB-fan, only a movie prop collector in general (that's why I'm mostly active on TheRPF, but also have an account on more specific forums like this one, PropSummit, etc...), but it looks to me like there are different GB comunities and that they are competitive towards each other. I love my hobby but I don't take it THIS serious. It is just stuff about one single movie (or two, maybe a third in the future) we're talking about.

To get things in perspective: two weeks ago, my 4-year old son was diagnosed with a tumor in his spine. Last tuesday he had surgery to remove that. Luckily, no nerves were damaged (there was a HUGE chance that he got paralyzed, but god thanks this didn't happen), but not all tumor tissue could be removed, resulting in a yet to be detirmined after-treatment (chemo, radiation,...). If you have to deal with that, your hobby really doesn't mean much anymore, trust me! It is hard that you have to realize this by encountering such a situation.

Off course Shawn Swift is a fraud that took money with no intention at all to deliver, that's as clear as it can be. I'm glad I got all my money and my PKE meter shell back (which I sold after that, BTW), and hope that everybody gets his stuff or money. But all this b***s*** about what can be said about Shawn in which community is really beyond me. If you guys have time and energy to discuss about that, then it means you have nothing bigger to worry about, so consider yourselves lucky then!
In late June the Stevic's did liase with Shawn to come good on what he owes from prior orders. I was forwarded this from Shawn:

"All I can promise is to make my best effort.
Tell Andrew October 31st.
If I can't make that, well, I'm f**** anyway so I don't care.
Either I'll have the money or I'll be out on the street.
Paid back no later than Oct 31st.
Or PKE before then."

Now we are in November, it shouldn't be a surprise that I get more excuses as to why there is no refund happening. No work on the pke has been done either in an entire year either.

Yet again he is working on other commissions of RGB gizmos and traps, new ventures pursued while ignoring previous customers orders. When pressed about it, always pulling the 'life gets in the way', 'I'm F'd stage'. I have heard this line for 3 years. All the while stating he 'may' get a steady job if need be and do commissions, yet states he will still be unable to pay me back if he did this.

Shawn Swift is the pinnacle of unprofessionalism and dishonesty when it comes to business. He 'always replies' in his own words, correct, albeit with another fabricated sob story excuse. Purely so he may pursue whatever next venture he wishes while not fulfilling what he was paid for, in good faith years ago.

I would like to thank Nathan and Michele for at least trying to get the fraud to come good on what he owes.
AMC78 wrote:
I would like to thank Nathan and Michele for at least trying to get the fraud to come good on what he owes.
I wouldn't go so far as to thank them. They have banned everyone in the hardcore facebook group they run who have asked Shawn to pay what he owes. They've done so while continually allowing a forum for Shawn to collect further interest on new orders.
AJ Quick liked this
Azevedo wrote:
AMC78 wrote:
I wouldn't go so far as to thank them. They have banned everyone in the hardcore facebook group they run who have asked Shawn to pay what he owes. They've done so while continually allowing a forum for Shawn to collect further interest on new orders.
I wouldn't say that's entirely true...I'm still in hardcore, and was quite vocal about shawn's issues. They may have removed some people, but obviously not "all".

(I do recall them banning proton charger, but that wasn't just because he had issues with shawn, but also for his general douchery. )

EDIT : For transparency, Michele showed me her entire ban list, and it's a grand total of 7 people.
Did we really need the jab at PC? To my knowledge that man is guilty of nothing but being very opinunated and not caring about others sensitive feelings when he was voicing his opinion. There are some folks who actually liked and respected PCs bluntness.

Shawn Swift is a criminal who should have been locked up for theft ages ago and any forum that allows him to continue shafting people out of their hard earned money is an accomplice to his crimes when they knowingly and openly condemn people for pointing these details out to newcomers.... end of story.
wm6929, jackdoud, EJLambert and 2 others liked this
That wasn't intended as a jab at all, it was to illustrate that they banned people not only for hounding shawn, but f I r other reasons.

Also shawn has not been posting for sale stuff there, so your criticisms of them are unfounded.
It doesn't have to be for sale ads....simple allowing Shawn to be a part of the group and talk about anything related to one of his projects is contributing to his criminal activity. Shawn deserves to be hounded...every step until he coughs up what he owes or is thrown into a jail cell.

As for PC...I'm not going to argue symantics with you. As a moderator it is bad form to pick at old wounds...it sort of keeps them from healing.
jackdoud, wm6929, EJLambert and 1 others liked this
And as a moderator, I felt I also had to correct comments that were incorrect and unfounded, and PC's situation was exactly what was being discussed. Most people have pretty much forgotten about him already, myself included.

I also hate how Shawn has treated customers, and was one of the people urging that he be banned here. Our concern was that he then might go into hiding, and ditch everyone he owed product to. Thankfully, most people were taken care of one way or another.

You can hate on hardcore all you like, but his participation there is minimal, and part of the reason he's been allowed to remain is keep encouraging him to make right on his past indescretions. I can't fault the Stevics for that at all.
Kingpin liked this
Minimum participation is still participation. He should be shut down 100% and if need be forced into hiding...sure some folks may have their already slim chance of getting what they paid for ages ago zeroed out but at least he wouldn't have an outlet to con more people into another of his schemes.

Also I find it amusing that you claim to have forgotten about PC and yet his name was the first to come to mind when you needed an example to make your point.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree here and call it a day.
wm6929, Azevedo liked this
Gareee wrote:And as a moderator, I felt I also had to correct comments that were incorrect and unfounded, and PC's situation was exactly what was being discussed. Most people have pretty much forgotten about him already, myself included.
Still bad form, you could set the example and not say anything at all
Gareee wrote: I also hate how Shawn has treated customers, and was one of the people urging that he be banned here. Our concern was that he then might go into hiding, and ditch everyone he owed product to. Thankfully, most people were taken care of one way or another.
You are way off on that Gareee. As one of his original backers, I STILL have not received squat from him. Along with the two MAJOR backers that I know of.
Gareee wrote: You can hate on hardcore all you like, but his participation there is minimal, and part of the reason he's been allowed to remain is keep encouraging him to make right on his past indescretions. I can't fault the Stevics for that at all.
If he is allowed to SELL anything on there, then they are enabling him. PERIOD
Azevedo liked this
Hardcore only has 7 total bans, and three are for trying to spam sales crap there. The only name which fit the criteria you were ranting about was PC, which is why I mentioned him.

Regardless, continually harping on something off topic will make me have to edit or remove posts, which I'd rather not do.

This thread is about Shawn, not the Stevics, Hardcore, or PC.

If you would like to continue to discuss this further, please feel free to pm me.
No, I prefer transparency, and from the discussion it did come out the Stevics at Hardcore got Shawn to at least make good for one person, so that info could help someone in dealing with him in the future.

Per our choice of not editing feedback threads at all, aj has made all posts visible again, regardless of being topical or not.

Please stay on topic.
Lets keep this on track here.

The main take away is that wm6929 and AMC78 still have not received what they paid Shawn for.. over 2 years ago. (in AMC78's case much longer than that).

I'm not a fan of the Hardcore group, nor their allowing Shawn to communicate with potential customers through there. Discussing the ban list is hardly important when it is a private group. There is really no telling what goes on there unless you are a member, nor how many people have been removed without being "banned". That being said... It isn't the Stevics' job to police Shawn over his personal conduct. Anything and everything that Shawn Swift does is done by Shawn Swift. No one else. (Of course the dude is a huge narcissist... so he claims nothing is his fault).
Gareee, julz liked this
Just wanted to post an update here. I've learned of someone else that is claimed to be owed a kit named idfraser. I have added him to the list on the first post as well as new information that has come out.

I believe we all saw Shawn's attempt to raise money for a MIGHTY version 2 kit on IndieGoGo called the "Wolverine". Thankfully enough people saw through that attempt to bilk more money from fans... and the project did not gain support. Through that project, however, we learned of another shill company that Shawn created in the process called "Rabid Prototypes". That 'company' consists of nothing more than a logo and an empty wordpress site found here: http://rabidprototypes.com/

Shawn used the new Rabid Prototypes name to create a new account on Kickstarter and started a new project called the "Pixelduino". The Pixelduino is not related to prop making at all, and is aimed at Arduino people. His first run of the project had a $15k goal that it did not reach. The project was relaunched with a lower goal and it successfully raised $8,165 toward the project just a few weeks ago.

Here is the project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ra ... e-oled-dis

Shawn posted it on Reddit (again using the fake company name as his alias) and while it was met with some level of positivity from the Arduino crowd... some chimed in an noted that it was under $10 worth of off the shelf and open source parts that he is combining into a $60+ package. Time will tell what actually happens for those poor backers that will no doubt end up being disappointed and or scammed out of their money.

By my estimation, he still owes a few thousand dollars to previous backers of his other Kickstarter and people who are still owed PKEs going back 5+ years now.
He is still selling on hardcore. Pke kits for 250. First in, best dressed. Also working on Mighty 2.0. I have done some PM liasing and have established so far:

cowboybill- 250us

Nicktheguy- no refund or pke received

wm6929- no refund or pke received

Me(Amc78)- no pke or refund received

So @ 1750US known
I spoke with the Stevics today, and Michelle finally banned him from hardcore.

I really think the only way he is going to learn at this point is jail time, which is sad.
Kingpin liked this
I am currently waiting for a kit from Shawn Swift, I pre-ordered a Proton Pack Kit 2.0 from his website on January 7th, I paid $268.26 CAD for it. He originally gave me a date of mid March for my first delivery date, but after exchanging a few emails back and forth with him, he now promises to ship a different, refurbished kit that he assures me he will indeed test to assure its full functionality, the new date is to ship by next week. I told him I didn't care so much about the video came emulation, I am mainly interested in GB1 and GBII emulation. He explained that he had a complete kit that someone wired the voltage backwards on and blew the chip, and he was able to replace the chip himself, but just had to order the chip. He sent me the tracking link to the package that he ordered containing the replacement chip yesterday. The chip should arrive this Friday, and he should be shipping the kit to me by early next week. I will keep you all apprised of my dealings with Shawn. To be honest I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I hope for the best and I am sorry to those that Shawn has burnt.
Have you read any of this thread idfraser? If you have and you are ok with buying someone else's repaired/blown up kit for $268.26? Wow.....
Azevedo liked this
Yes I have read this thread, the problem is I read this thread after I made my purchase. I realize it sounds a little bizarre but I am under a time constraint and need it sooner than later, and as long as he tests its functionality and verifies its 100% in working order, then I don't care. You wouldn't and obviously don't realize how often in life refurbished or used equipment is sold as new. A lot of people out there who have been to a mechanics shop, computer repair shop or even electronics repair shops have fallen victim to this. If it works, then who cares. Sorry to be so blunt but that's just the way I feel.

My current pack build:http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=38945

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]