For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By RedVirtue
I posted this at Atari's site:

GHOSTBUSTERS CODES: aka Ghostbusters 2 flight suit, Golden Proton Pack, Goul and Mayor characters.

A lot of people are taking advantage of fans who didn't pre-order their copies at Gamestop, Best Buy, and WalMart with codes for sale up to $44. I'm a victim of this because I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan and I have made purchases on ebay to attempt to have some of these features myself. Couldn't there be a way to add these as buyable downloads on XBox Live or Playstation Network?

I pre-ordered my own copy at Target unaware of these promotions and I would like to have these options available to me as well.

Does Atari have any comments on the matter? On behalf of all ghostheads out there- Thank You.

If you guys would like to post there on this topic (not that it looks like they respond) go for it.:whatever:
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=692800
By loyalGHOSTBUSTER
Hmmm i don't think so mate,but i am happy to say i have the GB's II Flight-Suit & Gold Proton Pack Code,it only cost me about £20 for both codes & i got them of people on this site.All i need now is the Mayor & Ghoul code,hope i get my hands on that one some day :) and the best of luck to you on finding the codes at a good price ;)
By RedVirtue
Codes are starting to sell quickly. I wonder if it has to do with the holidays? I hope my codes come in the mail soon. I bought the GBll flight suites for me and for my friend for Christmas.
By alex83
see all these DLC should be available for anyone to d-load for the 360 or ps3... .y this game has yet to have ANY DLC or add ons available..many games have that..y not Ghostbusters?? im still waiting...
By CPU64
It doesn't matter ho many times I have to hit the search button. i still play it.
I might have to visit my brighthouse office again because last night I got booted off Live about 6 times (in mid game) in less than an hour. Then it logs back in once its on the main menu screen..
I think this modem is on its last leg.
By RedVirtue
Don't get me wrong. I still play too. Often. I'm just thirsty for all things Ghostbusters so if they were to add any DLC I'd be downloading it in a second!
By alex83
RedVirtue wrote:Don't get me wrong. I still play too. Often. I'm just thirsty for all things Ghostbusters so if they were to add any DLC I'd be downloading it in a second!
i hear u man...i do want some new DLC soo bad..wuts goin on tho?? y dont we got any??
By hawaiiangb
i was just at the gamestop lately...they have copies of used games there...I opened up the case and low and behold...the card with the code inside....I bet some of them arent used....Some guys that play the game really quickly and sell the game dont even bother with the codes....But it is highly unethical to copy them down , isnt it? :boogieman:
By RedVirtue
hawaiiangb wrote:i was just at the gamestop lately...they have copies of used games there...I opened up the case and low and behold...the card with the code inside....I bet some of them arent used....Some guys that play the game really quickly and sell the game dont even bother with the codes....But it is highly unethical to copy them down , isnt it? :boogieman:
Haha! In all honesty I found a code card in a used game at a local gamestop and I copied the code. It was already used! Ah well... I'm guilty of trying it myself. But I even tried buying two on Ebay for my friend & I and they still haven't come in the mail! I hope it wasn't a hoax. What's worst is that my friend DID pre-order his copy at gamestop but they game him a regular copy without the code and we didn't know about the codes existence for months. So i don't feel so bad about copying a code since they still owe us one. lol
:walterpeck:
By Gareee
Wee just got the ps3 the other day, so we'll be looking for online players soon.

PSN:

Tabar_WNC

Teamhair
By RavenEffect
RedVirtue wrote:
hawaiiangb wrote:i was just at the gamestop lately...they have copies of used games there...I opened up the case and low and behold...the card with the code inside....I bet some of them arent used....Some guys that play the game really quickly and sell the game dont even bother with the codes....But it is highly unethical to copy them down , isnt it? :boogieman:
Haha! In all honesty I found a code card in a used game at a local gamestop and I copied the code. It was already used! Ah well... I'm guilty of trying it myself. But I even tried buying two on Ebay for my friend & I and they still haven't come in the mail! I hope it wasn't a hoax. What's worst is that my friend DID pre-order his copy at gamestop but they game him a regular copy without the code and we didn't know about the codes existence for months. So i don't feel so bad about copying a code since they still owe us one. lol
:walterpeck:
Yeah, the same thing actually happened to me. I pre-ordered the game at Game Stop way back when it was first going to be coming out. So, at the time, I didn't know if there was going to be an incentive for pre-ordering. When I picked up my game, I got my shirt, but no code. To be honest, I didn't really care since I didn't really want it anyway. I wish I did get my code now, though, because I'd love to give it to somebody who actually does want it.
By Gareee
I was hoping that my local gamestop still had some of the dlc cards, but evidently they were packed into the packages, and they just sold those out first.
By RedVirtue
Well I have some good news for myself. The code I bought on ebay awhile ago just came in. It worked. So you guys will see my "no ghost" with two fingers up now! I know the burden you guys are still bearing though, so I'll let you guys know here if I see any "at a fair price" on ebay. There are some questionable ones online these days. I only say that because they are all using the same pic from an older bid. Some are even using that pic for different discriptions. For example: The pic is of a GameStop Grey Suit card but the description is of the BestBuy Ghoul/Mayor code.

I would beware.
By Denike
Are these codes unique? or are they all the same?

What I mean to ask is: If I posted my code on here for all to enjoy, would anyone else be able to use it?
By alex83
so does anyone think will ever get any DLC at all??? its really sad..again...this game SHOULD have DLC..alot of games do...y not GB???? =(
By RedVirtue
Denike wrote:Are these codes unique? or are they all the same?

What I mean to ask is: If I posted my code on here for all to enjoy, would anyone else be able to use it?
They are unique codes. They can only be used once. If you try to use it again it will give you a message saying the code has already been redeemed.
By Robert Scott Thompson
Ive been ranting about this FOREVER, i had NO IDEA there was any sort of DLC..... and differnt ones in EVERY STORE?. What game does that? It just had to be Ghostbusters... and really how hard would it have been to make them DLC after about a month or 2.... i wanted to play as the ghoul... but thanks to some marketing genius's... i'll never be able to get the REAL full version of this game. Its such a bad bad idea honestly its weird but im mad enough about it that if someone happened to know who was responsible, i'd go pay them a visit. You cant screw people over on ghostbusters stuff when ghostbusters stuff comes out VERY rarely.... just discusting..
By Some_Guy
Robert Scott Thompson wrote:What game does that?
A lot of games do that. You should pay attention to pre-order gifts. :-|

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy and Gamestop), Gears of War (Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart, Amazon), Splinter Cell Conviction (Gamestop, Best Buy), LA Noire (Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart), Fallout New Vegas (Best Buy, Gamestop, Amazon, Walmart) - and that's to name a few. See a pattern there?

It's to create a loyal customer base. "Why pre-order there with that item, when you could have THIS item!"

It's a perfect marketing tool, and 90% of the time they release the items on the marketplace to buy at a later time. Though sometimes it's such a frivolous item (Like a re-skin) that they don't. Bigger items such as actual DLC (LA Noire, Assassin's Creed) get put on the market place for sale.

Since the Ghostbusters items are all reskins, there was no real reason to put them on the marketplace. It's just for looks; and only for Multiplayer (save for the GB2 flightsuit - which is glitched in single player, and gold pack) Gameplay is unaffected, there's no hidden objects to use, and no super powers.

Basically what I'm saying is - Get over it.

Edit:
It wouldn't matter if you gotten any other DLC anyway, because of the most recent update in the game the Special Options menu is removed. I can't turn off my Gold Pack, which means if you manage to secure a DLC code - you won't even be able to use it.
By loyalGHOSTBUSTER
Robert Scott Thompson wrote:Ive been ranting about this FOREVER, i had NO IDEA there was any sort of DLC..... and differnt ones in EVERY STORE?. What game does that? It just had to be Ghostbusters... and really how hard would it have been to make them DLC after about a month or 2.... i wanted to play as the ghoul... but thanks to some marketing genius's... i'll never be able to get the REAL full version of this game. Its such a bad bad idea honestly its weird but im mad enough about it that if someone happened to know who was responsible, i'd go pay them a visit. You cant screw people over on ghostbusters stuff when ghostbusters stuff comes out VERY rarely.... just discusting..
Dude you think you had it bad i had all the codes at 1 time it cost me like £45 for the lot.then when the NEW XBOX came out i had a transfer-kit but something went wrong and i lost all my codes.i had to buy them all again off eBay which cost me an arm and a leg.i'm not even going to say what the price came to as it's a very stupid one :blush: but to me it was worth it.
By Robert Scott Thompson
You know what I meant. The fact its ghostbusters, I only bought fallout from that list anyway n' its not worth caring about, but a game like ghostbusters shouldnt have a "you need to buy 3 copies to have everything" kinda preorder.... maybe action figures or something, but in game content is pretty rude, n' now the special options menu is removed so everyone misses out. Thats the end of that i guess, Terminal Reality doesnt seem to answer any GTVG fans questions... did they EVER fix that achievment?
By ProtonCharger
Robert Scott Thompson wrote:tl:dr
im sorry you dont like how the video game industry works.
By RedVirtue
Some_Guy wrote: It wouldn't matter if you gotten any other DLC anyway, because of the most recent update in the game the Special Options menu is removed. I can't turn off my Gold Pack, which means if you manage to secure a DLC code - you won't even be able to use it.
The Special Options menu is gone!? Hot damn I got to check this out.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]