By Ceja
Polly wrote:I just ordered a pair of Corcoran 10" side zip 995 boot from Patriot Surplus with 2 pairs of socks shipped to Canada for $184.90. I can't wait to get them. I purchased a 13W. The prices on these boots have certainly come down.
I wear 13w also, found similar boots on eBay for $55.00. And two years before for $65, both barely used. And I wasn't really looking for boots. Just happen to find them, since I wear them for work also.
These just came in the mail today!

Corcoran 995's, $124.99 free shipping, and they have occasional discounts (I forgot what code I used, but there's a couple floating around)... These fit great, and I love that you don't have to break them in, these boots are comfortable to walk in straight from the box! My only gripe is that the laces are short... Trying to find alternatives, probably will try the paracord solution... Anybody looking for great boots to go with your uniform, these are great! Highly recommended!
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Update!

Ok, bought these for my laces: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Z1I9Z0...

Worked perfectly! Took a lighter to the ends, put my boots on, laced 'em up nice and snug, and zipped 'em up! Perfect! I don't even have to lace them up anymore, just use the zipper side to put them on! Love it! Also took a silver sharpie to the zipper for effect... Will get some photos when I have the chance! For now, got to get some sleep for my wonderful midnight shift... Sigh... Zzzzz....
I also went with the Corcoran 995s. I got my normal shoes size but went with a wide width at the suggestion of a few buddies that were in the armed forces. I absolutely couldn't be happier with them. I bought some insoles which gave me a fantastic fit. Just been wearing them to work to get them broken in!

i got them from http://uspatriottactical.com. Prices were good and the customer service is OUTSTANDING.
I bought a pair juggle from my local surplus store for $40.00 instead of 115.00 for the standard issue paratroop boots for my gb1 suit.

For my upcoming gb2 uniform I have side zip tactical boot from magnum.
pyhasanon wrote:These just came in the mail today! Corcoran 995's, $124.99 free shipping, and they have occasional discounts (I forgot what code I used, but there's a couple floating around)... Highly recommended!
I got these based on yours and others recommendation. I also used a coupon code and saved an additional $6. They are a bit pricey for my budget, but it sounds like they will be good to my feet so I took the plunge. I just hope the sizing is correct.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I went with these:
Corcoran Men's 10 Inch Side Zipper Jump Work Boot
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002ZZ88M/ref ... TE_3p_dp_1

They were recommended by a fellow Buster here in AZ. They are quite comfortable and the fit seems to be accurate to Columbia hiking boots (which I wear all the time!). Do keep in mind: if you have wide feet, get the wide size! I am so glad I went with the wide fit, as they are just the perfect width. Had I gone with standard width, it would have been pressing in too tight on the sides of my feet.

Also, the zipper is black if you are wondering about screen accuracy.
Hi Guys,

I would just like to ask you a question about the Corcoran boots. I am typically a size 11 in Nike runners which leaves me with a little room to wriggle my toes comfortably and I'm trying to work out what size Corcoran 985 10" boot to order and I saw one person here mentioned to go a size smaller than you would normally wear in a shoe but others say that they are size accurate.

I've gone to a couple of ex military shops here to try some on but they only stock Australian made boots and I'm worried the manufacturing sizes could be different.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks dan
Barking Dragon wrote:Hi Guys,

I would just like to ask you a question about the Corcoran boots. I am typically a size 11 in Nike runners which leaves me with a little room to wriggle my toes comfortably and I'm trying to work out what size Corcoran 985 10" boot to order and I saw one person here mentioned to go a size smaller than you would normally wear in a shoe but others say that they are size accurate.

I've gone to a couple of ex military shops here to try some on but they only stock Australian made boots and I'm worried the manufacturing sizes could be different.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks dan
Aussie boots, really?... wtf, lol

I'm generally a 12 however in Aussie boots that's 11, with US boots I'm a 13 & a perfect fit.
To put things in prospective, when it comes to runners I'm a Nike fan which are US 13's.
Just my little input but maybe wait to see what a few of the other lads have to say :)

jAG
Hey jAG,

Yeah, this is doing my head in. My AUS made Blue steel work boots I was wearing last year were size 9 1/2, the same style a year later and I needed a size 10 which I can't understand at all.

I may just go 11 wide and if they are too big then fill them with inner soles. Will give it 24 hours and hope some of our US brothers can chime in about this.

Oh, I forgot to say in my last post that I go by 11 US in my Nike runners.

Thanks Dan

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]