For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
By Tyko
Please do! I'm gonna start scowering the net for the best cost to end product ratio.
By Zharthaddeus
Good luck on your hunt!
By Stingercell22
Tyko wrote:
Stingercell22 wrote:Are there any Ghostbusters in Northern Michigan? I live in Petoskey, MI and I am looking to start or join a group in this area! I am working on my proton pack and uniform as I type this

Your pack is motovating! Well done!
Thanks
By Tyko
Stinger, did you build from scratch or did you buy a shell?
By Hooligan404
There's a loose organization of various Michigan GB groups called the Great Lakes Ghostbusters Coalition, a.k.a. GLGC. https://www.facebook.com/GLGCMichigan Essentially, it's an effort to coordinate and invite other GBs to help bolster event attendance. If you're interested in attending evetns (comic cons, parades, etc.), check out the GLGC page. We have a private Facebook page too to discuss upcoming events and who can attend and such. Send a message to the public group if you're interested. We have a few different folks monitoring the public page and incoming messages.

Many of us have the Matty wands and have them modified to feed into an amplifier. There's a kit that's sold on GBfans.com that supposed to connect to the Matty wand as well, but I haven't used it. What we did is open the Matty wand (a bit of a challenge there) and splice into the speaker wires and feed that to the amplifier. Biggest challenge was drilling a hole on the inside of the Matty and then feeding the wire through the wand handle. Realistically, it probably took me an hour to two hours to drill and wire it up. Not knowing what to encounter, I took my time. Amplifier was something cheap from Amazon. It works well enough.

We've had some initial discussion of having a "build party" to create some of the new/reboot packs. Regardless if your for or against the reboot movie, it's part of the GB lore and and multi-dimentional universe. I know my kids loved it, so GB classic and new (and all the cartoons) are part of our household. We have some folks who want the classic packs too. Like it's been said, a "build party" is more of a motivator to start or finish a project. We had one a couple of months ago to make cardboard traps. It went very well! I've taken my cardboard trap to all the parades, comic cons and various events and it's held up surprisingly well. However, someday I'd like to make one that a bit more durable, but from a prop perspective, it looks good and does the job.

-Tom from Kalamazoo Ghostbusters
https://www.facebook.com/gbk.kalamazoo
By Tyko
Kzoo GBs!! I think I met some of you guys at the Ernie Hudson signing in Detroit a year ago. Your guys' gear was legit. I would love to hang sometime and partake in a build party but given the distance it would have to be something of a monthly basis. I already drive from Lansing to Battle Creek for work and AF Drill, I think the wife would throw me into a containment unit if I put anymore miles on the car. We need a contact half way, that would be perfect.
By Zharthaddeus
Ah, my friend.
I've joined the GLGC a year ago!
By Tyko
Hey, do any of you guys have any of the kickstarter exclusive stuff from the board game that youd be willing to sell. My kids are starting to get really into game night and I made the mistake of showing them everything that didnt come with the base game lol.
By Zharthaddeus
So sorry.
Can't help here.
By Hooligan404
I don't believe anyone in our group has that game. I've seen postings, adverts and such, but never seen the game myself. I did recently purchase some GB board game (not the kickstarter one) from Amazon. The few reviews it had were decent, saying it's a deritive of another popular game (which I've never played or heard of). Said it was family friends AND it was under $20 (I think), so we'll give it a go. Part of being a GB is the quest for the elusive... Good luck in your search!
By Tyko
Its all good guys, never hurts to ask. I just picked up Zuul and the terror dogs for a deal on ebay. If anyone is interested in giving the game a try let me know and I will host a game session. It really is a good time. What game did you pick up Hooligan?
By Tyko
Checked out Protect the Barrier. Not to shabby. Surprisingly it shares a couple of the same game mechanics as the other board game. Seems to be more kid friendly though. Great find Hooligan!
Hooligan404 liked this
By Tyko
Welcome to the party pinder!
By Tyko
Quick Q... any of you guys (or groups) registered with GhostCorps? What's required or what's the benefit? Just curious.
By Zharthaddeus
Tyko wrote:Quick Q... any of you guys (or groups) registered with GhostCorps? What's required or what's the benefit? Just curious.
Yeah, so am I!
By Tyko
Sweet! Can you do it as an individual? I'm having issues finding ghostheads in Lansing :( I wanna grow but I need peeps.
By Zharthaddeus
I'm not too familiar with the process.
By Tyko
No worries. I'll dig into it. A signed cert by Ivan would look sweet next to my Ernie Hudson autograph :)
By Zharthaddeus
I'd like that, too!
By Hooligan404
If you're on Facebook, I think you can just send them an instant message. My group (Kalamazoo Ghostbusters) registered and we received GhostCorp pins for all members and 1 cert. We're going to photo copy the cert and distribute to all. ;-) I forget how we registered. I think they posted something on Facebook and everyone just replied with their group name and number of members. If you're not on Facebook, and I understand that not everyone is and some choose to never be, then I'm not sure how to get in touch with them. If you are... https://www.facebook.com/ghostcorps
deadderek liked this
By Tyko
Great info Hooligan! Unfortunately I ditched facebook a few years ago for security reasons. I'll google around tomorrow and see what the word is. I saw one site but I questioned its authenticity. Got to be careful on the net with personal info :/
Hooligan404 liked this
By Tyko
Mail came yesterday. I finally have Zuul, terror dogs, sandman, samhain, Boogieman, walter peck, Chathulu and his minions, ivo shandor, librarian ghost, and the bonus ghostbusters for my board game. If anyone wants pics or details let me know. The kids are almost as excited as I am lol.
Hooligan404 liked this
By TheWebMonkey
Hey from Flint! Looking to hook up with fellow fans and maybe a group.
Hooligan404 liked this
By Tyko
Welcome aboard WebMonkey! South Lansing here
gpghosts liked this
By gpghosts
St Clair Shores Here
Hooligan404 liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]