Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By AJ Quick
Mr. D. wrote:No I have done REAL research on home theater systems. Not just done a Google search, clicked Wikipedia and read an article and now think I am an expert.
You do understand that DVD and Blu-rays are both standards right?

Standards that are set in stone.

All DVDs use the same video size, frame rate etc.

Same with the Blu-ray.

Those are facts. That you should research. You could find out about them at Wikipedia.. but you wouldn't believe it or understand it.

Quick question... where did humans come from? (Since you are painfully avoiding the facts about the size and resoluions of DVD and Blu-ray. I'm curious about your stance on evolution.)
By kevinj319
Mr. D, please tell us the resolutions of both DVD and Blu-Ray, since you tell AJ he is wrong yet offer nothing to back it up.
By cowbybill
Mr. D. wrote:
Carpeteria wrote:So you SERIOUSLY HONESTLY TRULY believe that the thrower streams were meant to turn green? And that it looks better that way? And that they didn't totally screw up in the 2005 transfer with that green overlay effect? That looks better to you?

Who said anything about the proton beams???

Notice how you (and others) have to find ways to twist what I say.
No one is twisting what you said. you said qoute"So BluRay sucks more then I thought.

Those pics you posted the DVD shows Slimer nice a green and glowing. The BluRay shows him faded and dull."

If you look closely at the Proton beams, the overlay of color on slimer bleeds into the streams rendering them green and therefore not a true representation of the way the film was originally made whereas the Bluray version shows the streams in their original colors, and the way it was originally shown in theaters.
You stated you prefer the DVD version which has faulty coloring overlay as opposed to the Blu Ray transfer which enhanced the detail on slimer and the backgrounds.
Therefore no one is twisting your words. I would recommend you google Blu Ray to DVD comparisons and look at some other films instead of the just the example I put forth.
I only used slimer as an example as this is a ghostbusters forum.
you might also want to check out Blu-ray.com as they have the technical specs on each Blu-ray as well as 1080 screen caps for you to peruse. AS well as an FAQ on the major differences of DVD and Blu Ray.
No one here is ganging up on you it is in my opinon, that you have not argued your case for DVDs very well. Instead of stating facts you have chosen to assume everyone is ganging up on you and that is simply not the case.
By mike304
The spirit of my reply was to point you in the direction of becoming educated on blu-ray vs DVD, whether your starting point is wiki, a Google search, etc. There is a fountain of information online regarding this subject.

I actually own a 60" 1080p 120mhz set, a ps3, HDMI hookups and a 7.1 receiver and speakers to match. I own the correct equipment, and am well read on the subject. I have a vast library of blus and standard DVD and there is a huge difference, which everyone here is telling you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
AJ Quick liked this
By dmolson89
im still sticking with night and day difference when i watched GB 1 on Blu ray it damn near felt like i was watching it for the first time because of all the detail that the blu ray brought out in it total differenece between the both
AJ Quick liked this
By Donkey8012
It's people like this that make me want to move away from the south sometimes. Also, somebody should either title this thread with something more appropriate or split it, right? None of this really pertains to the "possessed Ray scene."
By mrmichaelt
dmolson89 wrote:did they actually shoot the scene?
Yes they did. We've seen footage filmed for it recycled in the montage, bits in the Coca Cola commercial, and 14 seconds of the start of the scene as it was filmed.

Paul has a great breakdown on his site Spook Central where he has the script of the scene and grabs of the footage recycled for the footage, and the 14 second clip. Here: Ghostbusters II, Deleted Scenes, Possessed Ray Driving

Back in 2009, a user on YouTube posted a spliced together clip of the scene using the montage parts, the Coke commercial, the 14 second clip, and the NOW! comics adaptation. Here: Possessed Ray Driving Composite (starts at 0:36 mark)
By dmolson89
mrmichaelt wrote:
dmolson89 wrote:did they actually shoot the scene?
Yes they did. We've seen footage filmed for it recycled in the montage, bits in the Coca Cola commercial, and 14 seconds of the start of the scene as it was filmed.

Paul has a great breakdown on his site Spook Central where he has the script of the scene and grabs of the footage recycled for the footage, and the 14 second clip. Here: Ghostbusters II, Deleted Scenes, Possessed Ray Driving

Back in 2009, a user on YouTube posted a spliced together clip of the scene using the montage parts, the Coke commercial, the 14 second clip, and the NOW! comics adaptation. Here: Possessed Ray Driving Composite (starts at 0:36 mark)

Awesome thanx for the tip!
By Mr. D.
Donkey8012 wrote:It's people like this that make me want to move away from the south sometimes. Also, somebody should either title this thread with something more appropriate or split it, right? None of this really pertains to the "possessed Ray scene."

And it's people like you that make me want to move away from the south. Sorry pal, I am not a "southerner". Just because I got stuck in this piss poor state does not make me one of you. Besides southerners are ok. It's people from Alabama that give southerners a bad name.
Vincenzo330 wrote:You're all falling for an obvious troll. Why does anyone even bother responding to Mr. D? There's no possible way that he could actually believe the idiotic things he says. This is a game to him and you're giving him exactly what he wants.

All in favor of just banning this clown?

Yes. Please. Lets ban anyone that disagrees with YOUR OPINION.
Of course You are all entitled to your own opinion,but dose it really matter which format is better just as long as you enjoy the movie for what it is :(.

And on a side-note Mr.D why are you so mad at people it seems like your typing with rage all the time.i think people are only trying to open your eyes on somethings.i am in no way taking sides....i just wanna no why your always so angry :whatever:
By Donkey8012
Yeah, if you get banned it won't be for disagreeing with anyone...
AJ Quick liked this
By Vincenzo330
This has nothing to do with your "opinion" because you aren't actually presenting an opinion. You are fishing for arguments wherever you go. You don't actually believe or stand by the things you say you just look for "hot buttons" to piss people off.

I know this is true because it's simply not possible for a human being to be as much of an absolute idiot as you are presenting yourself to be.

You'll be banned for being a troll and being generally annoying, not because we "don't agree with you".

Basically you have 2 options:

1) Shut up

2) Go bye-bye
AJ Quick liked this
By AJ Quick
Mr. D. wrote:Yes. Please. Lets ban anyone that disagrees with YOUR OPINION.
I'm not sure you understand what an opinion is. Afterall you presented your opinion earlier in this thread and then later called it 'cold hard facts'.
By Filandrius
I agree with Vince. Mr D. must be a troll. Or a troll-simulating machine. Or an AI programmed to be the perfect troll.

AJ is right, opinions are not facts. Opinion: "I like DVDs better." Fact: "Blu-ray has higher resolution than DVD." See?

Oops he got me, I'm actually trying to explain things to him.
AJ Quick liked this
By Filandrius
Now if you'd based your opinion on facts, i.e. "the 1999 Ghostbusters DVD has a better overall quality than the blu-ray because the blu-ray has all sorts of modifications that makes it ugly (but less ugly than the 2005 DVD)" and backed it with solid proof like this very well done page:

http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/ ... ompare.htm

But no, you're just spurting nonsense, like "Slimer looks better because he's a big green glowy mess". Conclusion: troll.
AJ Quick liked this
By drjameshouse
It just seems like Mr. D. prefers the coloring of the 2005 DVD more than the blu ray. Or maybe just likes the overall picture better. That is his opinion, and I don't think anyone here should waste any time trying to convince him otherwise. However it is clear that he has made an obvious wrong claim that DVDs are higher quality than blu ray. Mr D liking the picture of DVD more than the picture of blu ray does not equal DVD is higher quality of blu ray. My girlfriend prefers DVD to blu ray, and normal channels to HD channels, but that does not mean they are higher quality.

Mr D, you can have different opinions about every single thing on this forum and that is perfectly fine. Most people will not care if you disagree with them. You however have a nice way of expressing your opinions in a very confrontational manner that will almost always lead to large arguments. And I have also noticed that you believe that all of your opinions are facts, and everyone else's opinions are not different opinions but are just wrong. It amazes me you can live your life this way without major consequences. Or maybe you can't and that's why you appear to be trolling forums. Whatever the case may be it is getting old for you and others to be extremely confrontational with your opinions and how you present them and when you receive poor reception, blaming it on this forum being a "good ol' boys forum" and "not going/agreeing with the majority/popular crowd".

I think trying to convince someone to change their opinions on this (or any other topic) is pointless and a waste of time (by either side). Rarely do people change their opinions (even when proven wrong), and when they do they never admit to it.
By EJLambert
Pointless debate is pointless. :cool:
By TheRealPonyboy
Mr. D. wrote: Humm... I think I will stick with DVD that also comes in HD quality.
Are you talking about regular DVDs that contain content that was filmed in HD?
Mr. D. wrote: So BluRay sucks more then I thought.
Those pics you posted the DVD shows Slimer nice a green and glowing. The BluRay shows him faded and dull.
If by faded and dull you mean "accurate", then sure...

Mr. D. wrote: I beg to differ. I have several HD DVD's and compared to the non HD DVD's there is a BIG difference.
Maybe you need to get an HDMI cable to help you see the difference.
Mr. D are you referring to the now defunct HD DVD format?

I am just having a hard time wrapping my head around your belief that a standard DVD disc it the same quality as bluray.

The only way you can get remotely close with a standard DVD is to play the disc through an upcoverting DVD player (or a blu-ray player) via an HDMI connection. Even then you're only gonna get the discs native 480p unconverted to 720p or 1080i, respectively... so it isn't "true" HD in that sense... even if the content on the 480p disc was filmed in hi-def.
By Filandrius
For completion's sake, the 2005 DVD is an awful, awful mess, and pretty much the worst choice you can make as a favorite home video version of Ghostbusters. Let's just take a look at that Slimer shot compared previously.

The 1999 DVD. The image is unaltered, basically what was shown in theaters, if a little dark.

The 2005 DVD. Slimer has now a green glow (which has been very sloppily added, might I add) They didn't even bother to recolor the streams after the glow was added, so they turn green near to Slimer.

The 2009 Blu-ray (note that the image has been resized; as Mr. D. never even began to understood, it would be 4 times larger. But this is not a resolution debate) The green glow has been removed, but the streams has been modified, and now have a hot pink halo.

So there you have it. :) It's just a shame that the Blu-ray doesn't have an unaltered version of the movie.
AJ Quick, Sav C liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]