Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By JurorNo.2
kevinj319 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Of course he was stating his opinion. And he was grand standing.
Have you watched the video? It's one of the politest, mild-mannered things you could watch.
Besides this, what possible difference does it make to this conversation if he was or wasn't grandstandng? You're still trying to justify the character assassination that took place because he had the "wrong" opinion. Which brings us back to the original point we've gotten away from: The denial that was taking place in this thread that a negative view of this film will get you smeared.
Um no, I already said I didn't think he deserved that. No more than I deserved to get smeared for not hating the trailer (which I was). Obviously not to the same degree because I'm not an Internet celebrity.

As to which side was smeared more? I couldn't say. But if I had to guess: If we're talking social media, the defenders got smeared more. If we're talking press coverage, the detractors got smeared more. I think that's fair to say.
gold333 wrote:
Because Ghostbusters 2016 is seen as progressive to women's equality in Hollywood, simple-minded people frown upon those who criticize the movie itself.
The film isn't really progressive either because it's not very good. Comic Book Girl made some good points in that video posted above.
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote: The film isn't really progressive either because it's not very good.
Not sure what one has to do with the other? (And it is good anyway, so it's a moot point. :) )
Sav C liked this
By kevinj319
JurorNo.2 wrote: As to which side was smeared more? I couldn't say. But if I had to guess: If we're talking social media, the defenders got smeared more. If we're talking press coverage, the detractors got smeared more. I think that's fair to say.
More like, the detractors faced character assassination and the defenders might possibly be forced to read an opinion on the Internet they didn't agree with, violating their safe space.
By JurorNo.2
kevinj319 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote: As to which side was smeared more? I couldn't say. But if I had to guess: If we're talking social media, the defenders got smeared more. If we're talking press coverage, the detractors got smeared more. I think that's fair to say.
More like, the detractors faced character assassination and the defenders might possibly be forced to read an opinion on the Internet they didn't agree with, violating their safe space.
Ehh, I've faced plenty of character assassination for liking this movie (if we want to get dramatic about it). And encountered many defenders who insist anyone who likes the movie must be "lying."
By Alphagaia
I have to say, I'm frequenting the reddit ghostbusters for a few months now, and thing have gone a lot better. Are there still some guys with a big hate for the new movie? A few. But the subreddit even markets the new comics and most people have accepted GB16 now.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
That good to hear! Hopefully a lot of the haters either left or decided that it was better not to continue raining on other people's parades. I'm still trying to decide whether I want to join reddit or not. It would be fun to talk more about ghostbusters, besides then I could comment on other subreddits too. If I do I'll make sure to let everyone here know my username. I was also thinking of joining the Italian Ghostbusters forum once I get better with the language, as means of practice and, well, to talk about Ghostbusters. According to Duolingo I'm omly 15 percent fluent so that account may be a long time coming...

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]