Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By Rsixx80
Mooose wrote:Was about to pull the trigger on a fully loaded 84 pack but having discovered this thread, there's no way I'm waiting as long as many have. The awful communication merely makes things worse. I got ripped off by Russell at Epic Props uk to the tune of £900 and don't want to make the same mistake twice. Such a shame!
I’ve been waiting for a year almost. It’ll be a year towards the end of the month since my purchase, and nada. I can honestly say, I feel as I’ve been ripped off by this scam artist, (won’t change until I have my pack). I paid $3,600 and poof, nothing.

He’s really good in communicating when you are ascertaining about the products. Fast replies, informative, etc. The second he has your money, he’s gone. Replies come far, and few between. I haven’t heard anything from the said person since October. I’ve sent multiple messages only to be ignored. There are many of us in this situation, some waiting two-years.

I can’t tell you what to do, or not do with your money. All I can say is, if I could do it over again, I would NOT purchase from this person. I’d steer clear of it, and would heed the warnings of others.

I WANT MY PACK, DAVID!!
Venkman1984 liked this
By tobycj
Mercifull wrote: February 6th, 2023, 3:55 am I almost got a minorad from this seller at the weekend. Might reconsider.
There is no issues with getting smaller items out, the delays have been with full pack commissions, so you'd be fine ordering this.
By nevenkman
Rsixx80 wrote: February 4th, 2023, 6:13 pm
Mooose wrote:Was about to pull the trigger on a fully loaded 84 pack but having discovered this thread, there's no way I'm waiting as long as many have. The awful communication merely makes things worse. I got ripped off by Russell at Epic Props uk to the tune of £900 and don't want to make the same mistake twice. Such a shame!
I’ve been waiting for a year almost. It’ll be a year towards the end of the month since my purchase, and nada. I can honestly say, I feel as I’ve been ripped off by this scam artist, (won’t change until I have my pack). I paid $3,600 and poof, nothing.

He’s really good in communicating when you are ascertaining about the products. Fast replies, informative, etc. The second he has your money, he’s gone. Replies come far, and few between. I haven’t heard anything from the said person since October. I’ve sent multiple messages only to be ignored. There are many of us in this situation, some waiting two-years.

I can’t tell you what to do, or not do with your money. All I can say is, if I could do it over again, I would NOT purchase from this person. I’d steer clear of it, and would heed the warnings of others.

I WANT MY PACK, DAVID!!
I waited two years for my pack. You've only waited a year so far? NICE!

If he's a scam artist, why haven't you asked for your money back? I wouldn't want a scam artist taking my money.

Or do you just feel like you're not getting enough updates so you feel the need to come here and disparage an honest businessman who is extremely busy building yours and many other commissions? Yup, seems more like that.
tobycj, RedSpecial, StarkMarkV and 1 others liked this
By eljuanyo
Neither Etsy nor Paypal give your money back after 6months. Everybody is f'ucked after that so stop with that attitude, it doesn't help.
By Kingpin
While we understand the frustration that the delays can cause, as well as the eagerness to get the items that have been paid for... Could we please maintain a civil discourse here... Nothing is achieved by fighting amongst each other.
roigroigroig, mrmichaelt, Ackbar and 5 others liked this
By StarkMarkV
So every so often I come onto this thread just to see about updates and other customer experiences.
Truth be told, in August (if we even get that far) it will be 2 years for me since I put in my order. I have gotten frustrated and annoyed, I won't lie.
I even got a few responses from David himself. Reassurances and so on. The last time him and I last spoke, we were both frustrated at each other, and yes before anyone comes at me, I understand that as a customer I have every right to.

I will admit though that even at the time that we last spoke (could have been late November of last year) I was going through my own things as well and I was looking for some type of glimmer of hope and I vented to the wrong person when I wasn't met with an answer I expected.
I wasn't a "PecK", at least to my knowledge. I didn't go overboard but I do know I was very much at my wits end.

Look, what I'm getting at with this is that, at the end of the day, I am just going to let it be (as I told David). Not as me giving up, or wanting a refund or starting some sort of battle with the man.
Reading some more of these threads, I do get or remember that he is just a one-man show. He bit off more than he could chew I will say that but I hold no ill will towards him.

As I stated before, I'm going to let it be, when the pack is ready, it will be ready. I have so many other things going in life and I don't feel like being up his butt 24/7. Again, when the time comes, my pack will be here. Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Last edited by Kingpin on February 11th, 2023, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added paragraph breaks
By Ackbar
StarkMarkV wrote: February 11th, 2023, 5:23 pm As I stated before, I'm going to let it be, when the pack is ready, it will be ready. I have so many other things going in life and I don't feel like being up his butt 24/7. Again, when the time comes, my pack will be here. Just my 2 cents on the matter.
I absolutely agree but it really makes me nervous that he told me in Octobre the pack is shipped and it hasn't arrived yet. But he surely will take care about that.
By tobycj
Ackbar wrote: February 12th, 2023, 12:13 am
StarkMarkV wrote: February 11th, 2023, 5:23 pm As I stated before, I'm going to let it be, when the pack is ready, it will be ready. I have so many other things going in life and I don't feel like being up his butt 24/7. Again, when the time comes, my pack will be here. Just my 2 cents on the matter.
I absolutely agree but it really makes me nervous that he told me in Octobre the pack is shipped and it hasn't arrived yet. But he surely will take care about that.
The UK postal service suffered a ransomware attack in early January, and they've STILL not resumed international shipping for anything more than small parcels (even that was only a week or so ago!). David has had a few bad experiences with trying other courier companies since then, and is reluctant to ship using them so is waiting for Royal Mail to resume full services.
Ackbar, nevenkman liked this
By Ackbar
tobycj wrote: February 12th, 2023, 2:16 am The UK postal service suffered a ransomware attack in early January, and they've STILL not resumed international shipping for anything more than small parcels (even that was only a week or so ago!). David has had a few bad experiences with trying other courier companies since then, and is reluctant to ship using them so is waiting for Royal Mail to resume full services.
Thanks for that information! That explains the delay and I don´t have to fear that a german bureaucrat has his fingers on the proton pack :mrgreen:
tobycj liked this
By eljuanyo
StarkMarkV wrote: February 11th, 2023, 5:23 pm So every so often I come onto this thread just to see about updates and other customer experiences.
Truth be told, in August (if we even get that far) it will be 2 years for me since I put in my order. I have gotten frustrated and annoyed, I won't lie.
I even got a few responses from David himself. Reassurances and so on. The last time him and I last spoke, we were both frustrated at each other, and yes before anyone comes at me, I understand that as a customer I have every right to.

I will admit though that even at the time that we last spoke (could have been late November of last year) I was going through my own things as well and I was looking for some type of glimmer of hope and I vented to the wrong person when I wasn't met with an answer I expected.
I wasn't a "PecK", at least to my knowledge. I didn't go overboard but I do know I was very much at my wits end.

Look, what I'm getting at with this is that, at the end of the day, I am just going to let it be (as I told David). Not as me giving up, or wanting a refund or starting some sort of battle with the man.
Reading some more of these threads, I do get or remember that he is just a one-man show. He bit off more than he could chew I will say that but I hold no ill will towards him.

As I stated before, I'm going to let it be, when the pack is ready, it will be ready. I have so many other things going in life and I don't feel like being up his butt 24/7. Again, when the time comes, my pack will be here. Just my 2 cents on the matter.
I'm in a similar boat, close to 2 years and made peace even with the possibility that it's a scam. As you say, I also think he just took too many orders to handle, but there's one thing that I don't understand... WHY is he delivering late orders? I mean, there's so many people reaching the 2year mark, and he has delivered AFTERLIFE packs and other kind that didn't even exist nor could be ORDERED after many months later. Why, how? Why would he have a queue of dozens of people orders and chose to build newer ones? In my conspiracy theory mind I even think sometimes that this is a scam and he builds just a few "chosen ones" to get clout and social media publicity, while collecting the money for all the other poor forgotten souls. I hope is not the case, but for all the defenders that will come with the "be patient" theme I ask again, why did he delivered Afterlife packs that went on sale around Nov2021, if there are people that ordered packs months earlier, even before May2021?? Thanks for your honest reply man, and I wish you, and me, and every poor soul here that it's only a matter of time and we will be happy eventually.
By TobinsGuide
eljuanyo wrote: February 12th, 2023, 3:29 am
StarkMarkV wrote: February 11th, 2023, 5:23 pm So every so often I come onto this thread just to see about updates and other customer experiences.

I'm in a similar boat, close to 2 years and made peace even with the possibility that it's a scam. As you say, I also think he just took too many orders to handle, but there's one thing that I don't understand... WHY is he delivering late orders? I mean, there's so many people reaching the 2year mark, and he has delivered AFTERLIFE packs and other kind that didn't even exist nor could be ORDERED after many months later. Why, how? Why would he have a queue of dozens of people orders and chose to build newer ones? In my conspiracy theory mind I even think sometimes that this is a scam and he builds just a few "chosen ones" to get clout and social media publicity, while collecting the money for all the other poor forgotten souls. I hope is not the case, but for all the defenders that will come with the "be patient" theme I ask again, why did he delivered Afterlife packs that went on sale around Nov2021, if there are people that ordered packs months earlier, even before May2021?? Thanks for your honest reply man, and I wish you, and me, and every poor soul here that it's only a matter of time and we will be happy eventually.
In his defense, if it were a deliberate scam, he'd be safe from payment processor refunds after six months. And he wouldn't be safe from a small claims or class action suit in a UK court until 6 years have passed.

I guess if I were in your position, I wouldn't let the 6 years pass without getting your money (or what you cam get after lawyer's fees, hence why a class action may be the way to go) or your product.

It sounds to me like he's a hobbyist who orders projects by novelty/how much they interest him. But that doesn't excuse ignoring someone who spent a substantial amount of money. I'd get my facts/receipts in order (correspondence, receipts, what claims were made) and look for a small claims lawyer in the UK if he hasn't been responsive to status inquiries. If you haven't tried reaching out, do that first, politely.

But I wouldn't let 6 years go by without some kind of hard assurance because you'd be letting go of your last chance at getting some of your money back.
Venkman1984 liked this
By nevenkman
eljuanyo wrote: February 12th, 2023, 3:29 amIn my conspiracy theory mind I even think sometimes that this is a scam and he builds just a few "chosen ones" to get clout and social media publicity, while collecting the money for all the other poor forgotten souls.
Please seek help for the psychosis you’re currently experiencing.
GBDave904 liked this
By tobycj
The Afterlife pack was for someone who had ordered a pack, and then changed it from a standard pack to an Afterlife when their build started, so they didn't "jump the queue" or anything like that.
nevenkman, kernuyckdave liked this
By nevenkman
tobycj wrote: February 12th, 2023, 9:55 am The Afterlife pack was for someone who had ordered a pack, and then changed it from a standard pack to an Afterlife when their build started, so they didn't "jump the queue" or anything like that.
Exactly.

Imagine that….

a perfectly, reasonable scenario that doesn’t involve spouting conspiracy theories about a person who never has done anything close to what some here are suggesting.

David from Proton Props is 100% legit, and an amazing resource the community has for his knowledge, skill, expertise and quality to provide movie quality props to GB enthusiasts world wide.
tobycj, kernuyckdave liked this
By SalemManor
I grabbed a proton props pack secondhand and it was one of the best (albeit most frustrating) purchases of my life. The quality is amazing and exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately, the previous owner was not very good to the pack and the wand needs to be rewired. David has been amazing at helping me as best he can to get the wand back to its former glory. The guy means well, and I hope you all get your packs soon!!!
Ackbar, tobycj, nevenkman and 3 others liked this
By kernuyckdave
Well this was a fun read!

Hello everyone - David here (yes, the infamous playboy philanthropist and ‘scam artist’) from Proton Props.

Firstly an apology to everyone who has been waiting, and will unfortunately have to continue to wait for their orders. I have apologised, and will continue to do so for the extreme delays. There are a plethora of reasons for this which I have explained, in length, multiple times. There comes a point when you get tired of telling people the same thing which hasn’t changed since the last 6 times they asked.

Questions like “why state ex amount of time if you can’t do it in that time” probably because I wasn’t anticipating how much of a knock on effect the resurgence that afterlife would have brought to pack building, the complications of the UK leaving the EU due to brexit, the continuing delays that covid is still giving us, suppliers going awol on me leaving me thousands out of pocket for stock and materials, or people buying any and all available stock for converting hasbro packs. These are just some of the issues that have been contributing factors to your orders taking longer.

That’s before we even touch on my rollercoaster that’s been my personal circumstance, which I know isn’t any of your problems, you just want your shit right? I get it. Unfortunately, when it’s just me that does everything and I go down for a short while, that means everything stops. I have no one else to lean on to take the heat off, to keep things ticking over whilst I rebuild my life for the 2nd time in less than 12 months. It’s all me.

It also doesn’t help when Facebook decided to delete my page of 3000 followers, all my content, all of my messages with people - everything, and then I couldn’t get it back. Also a kick to the cock.

I will state, categorically, I am no ‘scam artist’ as I’ve been unfairly labelled here. Ironically, no one has asked for a refund - they’ve just decided to shit sling on this thread. However, I will state that everyone - EVERYONE, will get what they’ve paid for. It’s just taken time and will take some more. My work is second to none, and it’s the best out there, and there is no one else to touch it. And I am more than confident in that statement and anyone that’s bought into my products will absolutely attest to that.

My communication sucks at times, absolutely and I will not argue with that. But also - when you’ve been pulling 12 hour days to get things done in a minus temperature work space and want to have some quiet time when I get home and not think about proton packs for an hour and I get messages from people at 1am getting nasty, or people messaging me on a Sunday demanding a reply - no. You will absolutely not get an instant reply. I’m not a faceless corporation like Amazon, I’m 1 man that works extremely hard in a workshop freezing his nuts off that loves ghostbusters and the community and wants to offer a bespoke service to people for many years to come, but sometimes I need some time to like chill out a bit or take a dump without someone being on me.

Please just bare that in mind when you’re getting rude, or slandering me on here - and thinking I don’t see it and come being nice to me.

SECONDLY, a thankyou to the very kind, wonderful people and customers that have fought my corner - without my asking. These guys know me, know who I am, know my work and I’m lucky enough to call some friends. They know the quality of my character which is why they’ve come here unprompted to stand up for me whilst I’ve had my head firmly down to the grindstone. Thank you.

I highly recommend people to go and find my new Facebook page and keep contact there with me. I’ll drop in again here soon, hopefully not having to see such nasty things written about me and my business again.
CaptainAssholay, tobycj, Ackbar and 6 others liked this
By Rsixx80
kernuyckdave wrote:Well this was a fun read!

Hello everyone - David here (yes, the infamous playboy philanthropist and ‘scam artist’) from Proton Props.

Firstly an apology to everyone who has been waiting, and will unfortunately have to continue to wait for their orders. I have apologised, and will continue to do so for the extreme delays. There are a plethora of reasons for this which I have explained, in length, multiple times. There comes a point when you get tired of telling people the same thing which hasn’t changed since the last 6 times they asked.

Questions like “why state ex amount of time if you can’t do it in that time” probably because I wasn’t anticipating how much of a knock on effect the resurgence that afterlife would have brought to pack building, the complications of the UK leaving the EU due to brexit, the continuing delays that covid is still giving us, suppliers going awol on me leaving me thousands out of pocket for stock and materials, or people buying any and all available stock for converting hasbro packs. These are just some of the issues that have been contributing factors to your orders taking longer.

That’s before we even touch on my rollercoaster that’s been my personal circumstance, which I know isn’t any of your problems, you just want your shit right? I get it. Unfortunately, when it’s just me that does everything and I go down for a short while, that means everything stops. I have no one else to lean on to take the heat off, to keep things ticking over whilst I rebuild my life for the 2nd time in less than 12 months. It’s all me.

It also doesn’t help when Facebook decided to delete my page of 3000 followers, all my content, all of my messages with people - everything, and then I couldn’t get it back. Also a kick to the cock.

I will state, categorically, I am no ‘scam artist’ as I’ve been unfairly labelled here. Ironically, no one has asked for a refund - they’ve just decided to shit sling on this thread. However, I will state that everyone - EVERYONE, will get what they’ve paid for. It’s just taken time and will take some more. My work is second to none, and it’s the best out there, and there is no one else to touch it. And I am more than confident in that statement and anyone that’s bought into my products will absolutely attest to that.

My communication sucks at times, absolutely and I will not argue with that. But also - when you’ve been pulling 12 hour days to get things done in a minus temperature work space and want to have some quiet time when I get home and not think about proton packs for an hour and I get messages from people at 1am getting nasty, or people messaging me on a Sunday demanding a reply - no. You will absolutely not get an instant reply. I’m not a faceless corporation like Amazon, I’m 1 man that works extremely hard in a workshop freezing his nuts off that loves ghostbusters and the community and wants to offer a bespoke service to people for many years to come, but sometimes I need some time to like chill out a bit or take a dump without someone being on me.

Please just bare that in mind when you’re getting rude, or slandering me on here - and thinking I don’t see it and come being nice to me.

SECONDLY, a thankyou to the very kind, wonderful people and customers that have fought my corner - without my asking. These guys know me, know who I am, know my work and I’m lucky enough to call some friends. They know the quality of my character which is why they’ve come here unprompted to stand up for me whilst I’ve had my head firmly down to the grindstone. Thank you.

I highly recommend people to go and find my new Facebook page and keep contact there with me. I’ll drop in again here soon, hopefully not having to see such nasty things written about me and my business again.

I have asked for a refund but you have ignored my messages since October. I even uploaded the screenshot asking for a refund. I’ll send you an invoice for it to make it easiest for you. Especially since you’re so hard at work producing packs that don’t seem to manifest for your paying customers. You’re the one trashing your so called, ‘good name’ with your lack of business morals, and ethics. You’ve done that all by yourself. You lack empathy for what people forked over in earnings, their livelihoods for the said items. You get defensive instead of having compassion. You have people waiting for two years, and we’re the ones tripping? I’m sorry, this is our fault, not yours. Please excuse our behavior.

In addition, it appears you did your quarterly pop-in to see what’s what. Blow smoke up our asses to only pop-out again for a few months. Before you pop-out, you provide a sob-story or some excuse as to your poor management of your business. You were so good in communicating with me prior to taking my money, and once you did, you practically disappeared. Won’t return messages or anything. I’m sure I’m not the only one who can attest to this.

You said (last October), my pack would be ready in December and I haven’t heard back since. At this point, I’ll make it clear since you didn’t deliver as you stated. I want a REFUND for the $3,600 plus I paid for the pack that I purchased February of 2022. It doesn’t appear you’ll be fulfilling mine or others any time soon. I’m not going to wait an additional three years for the pack. I will seek legal action if need be.
Venkman1984 liked this
By kernuyckdave
I’ll absolutely give you a refund. As I’ve made very clear - on this very thread, orders that were due to ship last December were put back due to me being made homeless.

Ironically yours is all but finished and due to ship with 4 others in the next 2 weeks. Looks like someone else will get their pack early instead. Email me and I’ll process your refund.
nevenkman, tobycj, cristovalc and 4 others liked this
By kernuyckdave
An update for anyone following the above ^

I’ve provided a full refund of the amount invoiced to the customer Rsixx80. Not only that, I still had the cost of the fees from PayPal to cover on my end.

Thought I’d just add to the story as it seems people are quick enough to dig about the delays and me being some sort of sharleton and not that I’m just out here doing honest work and slightly overwhelmed and im not here to rip anyone off.

Business as usual… :sigh:
tobycj, DoctorPepper, Ackbar and 4 others liked this
By pepeSosto
kernuyckdave wrote: February 17th, 2023, 12:51 pm I’ll absolutely give you a refund. As I’ve made very clear - on this very thread, orders that were due to ship last December were put back due to me being made homeless.

Ironically yours is all but finished and due to ship with 4 others in the next 2 weeks. Looks like someone else will get their pack early instead. Email me and I’ll process your refund.
Quick and easy question, this client ordered less than a year ago, how come his pack was ready in two weeks when you have a bunch of people still waiting after +2 years? The math doesn't check out by a lot, do you put some orders in front of others? Just come clean because there are some contradictions here.
Rsixx80 liked this
By kernuyckdave
Depending on what’s ordered, what was sold at that point and what’s available dictates lead times. I can see how it’s confusing, also much like some people previously mentioned the afterlife pack that was made, that was a commission that started as something else and then the customer changed their mind, and even then that pack started being made as soon as any reference material became available. No one’s have been ‘jumped’. If there’s any further questions please do message me via Facebook, Instagram or email as I’m not prepared to delve into peoples orders on a public forum as I wouldn’t want a potential GDPR breach.
By Khronos
kernuyckdave wrote: February 20th, 2023, 11:03 am An update for anyone following the above ^

I’ve provided a full refund of the amount invoiced to the customer Rsixx80. Not only that, I still had the cost of the fees from PayPal to cover on my end.

Thought I’d just add to the story as it seems people are quick enough to dig about the delays and me being some sort of sharleton and not that I’m just out here doing honest work and slightly overwhelmed and im not here to rip anyone off.

Business as usual… :sigh:
So I've gone through the recent replies here and decided to throw in my own comment. I ordered a pack on October 26, 2021 from Etsy and have yet to receive it. Over the first few months I sent Dave a few messages as I had a few questions, and credit where it's due he responded to them in a fairly timely manner. But as time went on and on and on the responses got dryer and dryer and it took me to comment and @ him on his IG posts to grab his attention and I got a few responses, at which I asked for a refund stating that I just couldn't have it any more due to my own personal problems (which, yes, I have gotten back up from.) But at this point I have been waiting for so long that I don't even want it anymore. It's my own fault for not considering how much money I was really forking out at the time but with what I have seen from others on here I just doubt it will even be worth all the time and money I spent. So now I'm asking for at least one of those back; being the $3,200 I spent for a pack at the very start. I will be civil about it, I'm willing to wait a couple of weeks or however long for a refund but if anything can be promised I would prefer it be this.
Rsixx80 liked this
By 66Cuda
Like Khronos above, I thought I'd provide my own comment as well.

I only ordered a DYI Proton pack Kit. When I first reached out to David, he indicated that for a DYI Kit it would take a "couple of weeks" to put it all together and it should go out soon after that. I remembering thinking that would be amazing since at that point I was 6 or 8 months into waiting on a Ben of Kent Kit that I was thinking I was getting ripped off on (that's another story). I asked a few questions and David seemed like a stand up guy so I pulled the trigger.

Soon after, David got sick, and other issues popped up that I saw about on facebook or other places. I would check in periodically and David typically got back with me. But one month turned into two, which turned into 4 and the responses got slower and slower. This was starting to feel just like my experience with Ben of Kent. I kept getting told it would be soon, but it never was. I eventually asked David for a refund as I was no longer interested, to which he informed me that as a small on man business he couldn't afford to refund me. He promised that my kit would be sent soon.

I will say that I did eventually get my kit, and it did arrive before the Ben of Kent Kit (still haven't gotten that one). I did not really look at it that closely, as I'm not sure I am interested in building it. I may sell it, or the Ben of Kent Kit if it ever shows up.

So I can sympathize with everyone who's upset. All I can say is that I did eventually get my DYI Kit so I hope that those of you with full builds get their build soon. It seems to me like David is a decent guy who's has bitten off more than he can handle, add to that his personal problems and you have a real storm. That doesn't excuse taking peoples money and not delivering a paid for product. Hoping for the best for you guys.
Ackbar liked this
By Ackbar
Hi there,
I just want to let you know, that David wrote me and my pack is on its way. The delay was caused through the Cyberattack on the Royal Mail.
tobycj, mrmichaelt liked this
By Ackbar
Nighty80 wrote: March 7th, 2023, 10:07 am Awesome news, bet you’re checking that tracking every minute! Mine must be getting close now, can’t hardly wait 😁
Yeah, I'm really excited :-D
I hope this time it will find its way to me^^
Nighty80 liked this
By gbtman1
I hope this post can help everyone on this thread.

I recently got my pack :walterpeck: commission from David & I couldn’t be happier with it. I’m gonna list out the pros & cons here of both the pack & the entire experience with Proton Props as a whole.

PROS:
Look at it: it’s a work of art. The only way you can do better is if you plucked a pack off a movie screen or if Ray & Egon built you one themselves.
Solid expert craftsmanship with real metal pieces. Nothing feels cheap or flimsy.
It’s lighter than it looks. A bit heavier than the HasLab pack but the Alice frame & kidney belt helps with weight distribution. I’m also glad I went with the GBII padded super straps.
The audio quality is excellent. The sound effects are crisp & accurate & the music tracks in party mode come through loud & clear.
He allowed me to customize my pack to my liking, allowing me to have the pack from the first movie (his ‘84 special) with the padded super straps & altered mount angle for the thrower from GBII(his ‘89 special).
The pack came very well-packaged for its trip ( I’m from California).
The instruction manual he included was very thorough & he was available for tech support for small issues almost immediately with excellent customer service.
He even threw in a screen-accurate charge plate for free for my trouble.

CONS:
The pack has a rechargeable battery but didn’t come with a charger. Fortunately I’d previously reached out to another Proton Props customer who’d gotten their pack & he let me know which one to find on Amazon.
Communication was good between me & David at the start. I’d hit him up on Facebook Messenger for a progress report or any questions/additions about once a month & he’d usually respond in a day or two. Things dropped off significantly this past summer & I didn’t hear from him for a few months. I know there were various extenuating circumstances but to be left hanging that long was infuriating. I finally got ahold of him through his Instagram but even then my messages to him would go unread for days or weeks at a time even though it showed he was online regularly.
Between the pack itself & pop mech feature for the wand barrel, I dropped close to $3000 on this pack build. Please keep in mind that you’re getting what you pay for: a top-quality pack with all the bells & whistles.
I first placed a pack commission with David in late October of 2020 & I finally received my pack in early March of 2023. That’s almost TWO & A HALF YEARS. It was easy to feel like I’d been scammed more than once in that time.

FINAL VERDICT:
What you all need to remember is that when David says Proton Props is a one-man operation, he means it. He’s handling all the building, assembling, painting, supply gathering, marketing, taking orders, packaging & shipping all on his own. The man also has a life to live & has issues in his personal life to attend to just like the rest of us. It’s not all about Ghostbusters for him 24/7. Also, we’re still in the midst of a global pandemic so it wasn’t the brightest move on my part to order something like this from halfway around the world. This whole experience has tested my patience to its limits. Do I feel that he bit off a little more than he could chew & felt at times I’d been scammed? Absolutely but the man came through in the end. His magnificent craftsmanship & beyond amazing customer service have thoroughly convinced me that David’s one of the good ones. If you have the means & the desire for an expertly built Proton Pack, go hit him up. Just don’t expect to have the thing finished in the same year or at least try to get it in writing.

That’s just my two cents. Keep on Bustin’.
Last edited by gbtman1 on March 11th, 2023, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt, tobycj, Ackbar and 2 others liked this
By simcarr
Mooose wrote: January 30th, 2023, 3:52 pm Was about to pull the trigger on a fully loaded 84 pack but having discovered this thread, there's no way I'm waiting as long as many have. The awful communication merely makes things worse. I got ripped off by Russell at Epic Props uk to the tune of £900 and don't want to make the same mistake twice. Such a shame!
Sent you a PM

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]