For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Oh, I think I see. You have to replay the jobs and get to a level to unlock the cinematics? Still trying to unlock the one where Winston gets possessed. It's not finishing a # of missions, it's leveling up that matters, right? I gotta spend more time playing. Idk, gets kinda redundant just bust the ghost and destroying the rifts. Hope they add different tasks later on or is that the side hustles are for?
zeta otaku wrote: October 21st, 2022, 2:20 pm Sure, but you have to remember this is a "budget" game. They've already mentioned things are in the works so it's possible there IS more story to be had once they release it.
That would explain the "Golden Cake Logs" in the firehouse :lol:
mrmichaelt, deadderek liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: October 21st, 2022, 8:23 pm Oh, I think I see. You have to replay the jobs and get to a level to unlock the cinematics? Still trying to unlock the one where Winston gets possessed. It's not finishing a # of missions, it's leveling up that matters, right? I gotta spend more time playing. Idk, gets kinda redundant just bust the ghost and destroying the rifts. Hope they add different tasks later on or is that the side hustles are for?
Yes, I'm at level 15 and I unlocked another "Act" of the story. Just gotta keep leveling up to unlock the story scenes.
mrmichaelt liked this
zeta otaku wrote: October 21st, 2022, 8:05 pm Huh? no, you add each other as friends on Epic, then at Janine's desk where it says Invite Friends, there's a tab for "other platforms". That's where you'll find them. (if you add them while the game is open, you'll need to quit and relaunch the game)
I’m on console I don’t think there’s an option to do that
jonogunn wrote: October 21st, 2022, 8:28 pm
zeta otaku wrote: October 21st, 2022, 8:05 pm Huh? no, you add each other as friends on Epic, then at Janine's desk where it says Invite Friends, there's a tab for "other platforms". That's where you'll find them. (if you add them while the game is open, you'll need to quit and relaunch the game)
I’m on console I don’t think there’s an option to do that
I'm on the PS5. Trust me. You need to make an Epic Games account, all of you do. Go to the website, download the app, whatever. Then, go to epicgames.com\activate and on your console, boot up Ghostbusters and select link account. It'll give you a code. Type that code into the prompt on that website. Bam. You're now connected to Epic Games. Now, on Janine's desk, you'll see "Invite Friends". Open that and go to the tab that says "Other Platforms". You'll see your Epic friends there.
I have an epic account already from playing fall guys. I linked it to my account.

But I don’t see an option to type in others names to add them as friends.

Someone wanna try adding me?
jonogunn on both ps5 and epic

I created my character to look like RGB Venkman as best I can. If anyone wanna try to do all 4 RGB lemme know!
SpaceBallz wrote: October 21st, 2022, 8:25 pm
Yes, I'm at level 15 and I unlocked another "Act" of the story. Just gotta keep leveling up to unlock the story scenes.
Got it, thanks. Must be in increments like Level 15, 20, 25, 30 or something like that.

I will say the AI busters aren't as "dumb" as the ones on TVG but I miss the structure of the levels from TVG.

Kinda wish you'd get a notification when you unlock gear customization instead of having to check between levels.

It'd be neat if there was a side hustle where you have the Slime Blower and your goal is to help slime possessed citizens and let the rest of your team trap the ghost.
SpaceBallz wrote: October 21st, 2022, 8:25 pm
zeta otaku wrote: October 21st, 2022, 2:20 pm Sure, but you have to remember this is a "budget" game. They've already mentioned things are in the works so it's possible there IS more story to be had once they release it.
That would explain the "Golden Cake Logs" in the firehouse :lol:
SpaceBallz liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: October 20th, 2022, 7:35 pm Illfonic is will be adding more customization options and is taking ideas:
https://twitter.com/protoncharging/stat ... 9079585792
Anyone know if they are still reading suggestions? I’m a bit late to this but I feel like I have an important quality of life suggestion regarding the fluidity of movement in this game
mrmichaelt wrote: October 21st, 2022, 11:58 pm
jonogunn wrote: October 21st, 2022, 9:27 pm I have an issue. Whenever I try to play as ghost I get put in as a ghostbuster
Did you download any patches yet?
As far as I'm aware my game's up-to-date when it comes to patches, all attempts so far have resulted in me playing a Ghostbuster.

The only time I was able to play as the ghost was by pure buggy accident, as I hadn't even unlocked the ghost mode at that point in time.
jonogunn wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 7:45 am Anyone know if they are still reading suggestions? I’m a bit late to this but I feel like I have an important quality of life suggestion regarding the fluidity of movement in this game
He's active on his twitter so I would say hit in him up.
https://twitter.com/Gerritzen/with_replies
jonogunn liked this
Someone on facebook has sorta solved it. To play as a ghost, go to Venkman's desk and select: Find Job.

For Quick Play:

Look to the top-left corner of the screen, you should see the word MatchMaking. Underneath that you'll see the words Preferred Team, and the default option will be "Ghostbusters". If you use the D-pad, that should change the preference from being Ghostbusters to Ghost, or a No Preference option.

NOTE: Even when I had "Ghost" selected, I still ended up as a buster in this mode.

For Select Job.

Click on one of the map names, and then Start Job.

You'll be presented with the READY UP! button, before you activate this, look to the left of the screen, where you'll seen a screenshot of the map. Beneath the screenshot you'll see the words Preferred Team, and the default option will be "Ghostbusters". If you use the D-pad, that should change the preference from being Ghostbusters to Ghost, or a No Preference option.
mrmichaelt wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 6:52 am
Kingpin wrote:Anyone else somehow manage to unlock the Ecto Goggles by accident despite not being level 50?
That's some glitch. And you didn't achieve any of the research contract tasks associated with unlocking the goggles either?
Not as far as I'm aware.
I just hit level 40. Haven't had much time to play the last couple of days. But I had a couple of interesting glitches' occur besides the slow movement. I have seen the civilians lose their animation movement and just slide across the level map in a t-pose similar to a Skyrim bug. As a bust had been completed one of the player avatars was thrown against the wall and started wigging out like a fish flopping on dry land.
Ectojeff88 wrote:Do we know what the XP Level cap is currently?
Before you unlock the Act 6 cinematics, I think the cap is 50. But after you unlock and watch the Act 6 cinematics, it doubles to 100. You can check the character customization and new item(s) don't unlock until 100.
I’ve read some pretty negative to meh reviews on this. That’s a shame. PC Gamer seemed pretty annoyed.

Does anyone know why you can’t buy this game in a store? I like to support this franchise even when I don’t like the movie or play the game so I called my local mom and pop game retailer & apparently you can only get this game online on a certain website?

Again gaming isn’t my forte but is that common? I know physical media is on the way out(don’t even get me started on that…) but for a game not to get released on a regular retail outlet? It’s not on Amazon or anything. Wtf?

I’m getting the feeling this was done on the cheap.

I’m surprised they don’t have different skins available for characters. Like you play as a Real Ghostbuster or Extreme Ghostbuster or FeigBuster. That would be cool.

Infact doing an open world Real Ghostbusters game would be cool. That way you could do cool stuff like shoot ghosts out of a helicopter. Do a mission inside the containment unit. Ride Ontop of the Ecto 1 while chasing ghosts. Battle Samhain or the Grendel.

The game could work numerous ways. You could go around busting ghosts just for fun taking calls, or work on and solve an interconnecting mystery of cases, you have Slimer not as a Ghost to bust but as a little helper character. It’s a total open world. You get a call, get in the Ecto 1, drive the Ecto 1 to the location(or fly if your using the Ecto Copter), that would be cool.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]