For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
VenomSymbiote wrote: August 24th, 2022, 12:01 pm Anyone know if this is exclusive to Amazon or something? I want the physical deluxe edition but the game isn't in GameStops system. If the physical edition is Amazon exclusive or something I'll just get through them, but I have credit at GameStop so it'd be nice to grab it there.
Yes, physical editions only on Amazon.
https://twitter.com/GhostbustersSU/stat ... 9713838080
VenomSymbiote liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: August 26th, 2022, 6:10 pm
VenomSymbiote wrote: August 24th, 2022, 12:01 pm Anyone know if this is exclusive to Amazon or something? I want the physical deluxe edition but the game isn't in GameStops system. If the physical edition is Amazon exclusive or something I'll just get through them, but I have credit at GameStop so it'd be nice to grab it there.
Yes, physical editions only on Amazon.
https://twitter.com/GhostbustersSU/stat ... 9713838080
Thanks a lot! I had already put a preorder in just incase, but now I don't have to keep checking for other preorders. Have they said when we'll know what comes with the deluxe edition?
VenomSymbiote wrote: August 26th, 2022, 11:14 pm Thanks a lot! I had already put a preorder in just incase, but now I don't have to keep checking for other preorders. Have they said when we'll know what comes with the deluxe edition?
You're welcome. No, they haven't said what's in the collector's edition. I'm surprised Amazon didn't spoil it. For now I defer to others here who play video games currently and have an idea of what collector's editions include. I can only speculate: maybe the box itself is like a steelbook? Or art cards? T-shirt of hat? Maybe a score? Code for an exclusive DLC?
VenomSymbiote liked this
I liked the livestream but am somewhat concerned at how often you have to vent during regular captures. I'm sure there's an upgrade that makes that less but yeah there were a few times I was wondering if you do play solo if you can even catch a ghost solo.
mrmichaelt liked this
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: August 28th, 2022, 12:35 am I liked the livestream but am somewhat concerned at how often you have to vent during regular captures. I'm sure there's an upgrade that makes that less but yeah there were a few times I was wondering if you do play solo if you can even catch a ghost solo.
Me, too. I think they had something like that in TVG as well, to buy. Since the livestream was a beta build, hopefully they will get enough feedback and tweak the venting to be a little more forgiving. Or maybe there's difficulty modes and i.e. on hard mode, you have to vent more often.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote:I liked the livestream but am somewhat concerned at how often you have to vent during regular captures. I'm sure there's an upgrade that makes that less but yeah there were a few times I was wondering if you do play solo if you can even catch a ghost solo.
Yeah there are a lot of unknowns and feels like we’re due a media blowout ahead of release.

The GB fan in me is happy with what we’ve seen so far. I’d like it a little less cartoony or at least have some variety in the ghosts. But the game looks well polished with regards the IP and will succeed for those wanting to customise and roleplay as a Ghostbuster in the absence of TVG remaster multiplayer.

The gamer in me is worried - because there’s no beta or positive word of mouth and aspects of the design / videos just don’t look all that fun to play. Lots of potential frustrations… being ‘slimed’ or overheating the wand or calming NPC’s… none of these activities look like fun, being downed wasn’t fun in the 2009 game… and these are effectively pauses in play with limited interaction / engagement. If a match involves slowly hunting for a ghost using the PKE, then being immediately slimed by the ghost, waiting, then calming some NPC’s, then engaging a ghost/rift, cooling the gun, getting slimed again…
You potentially have a gameplay loop which is repeatedly obstructing the player, which could become boring / a chore. If the game is to succeed as a service game it will depend on how fun the busting mechanics turn out to be, and whether capturing the ghosts provides a compelling challenge to makes the downtime worth it.

The ghost gameplay just seems a little bit unpolished - what is shown has been fairly janky in terms of animation (fluidity, movement, collision) but also a little bit underbaked in terms of possession and attacks - which makes sense coming from the F13 team… but this could be unfair we’ve seen very little of the ghost gameplay so far.

I have some faith the team will ensure the fundamental PvP is fun and despite rough edges - visually it is a huge leap forward for the team. But I have some concerns.
I don’t mind being downed and needing to revive and the wand cool down. I play a lot of Call of duty Warzone and being down needing teammate to revive you is part of it. And the wand cool down is basically the same as reloading guns.

I agree calming down NPC’s look like a very boring part of the game. So boring that I wish they didn’t include it.

I’m worried about the PKE meter blast. It seems overpowered. It’s good at clearing out the minions quite easily it seems and given the damage it gives off it makes sense to lead with it when encountering a rift. Sure there is a cool down period to offset it but when you have 4 busters and have them staggered then the “real” cool down period is not as significant.
jonogunn wrote: I agree calming down NPC’s look like a very boring part of the game. So boring that I wish they didn’t include it.
They’ve ported over the fixing minigame from F13 for when you’e calming civilians, can’t remember if that was in the early footage. Better than nothing but - feels like something they could’ve designed around or worked a different way.
I'm okay with it. Unlike generators, the civilians DO move around, so it's not like they can be camped or whatever. I prefer this over fixing... I dunno... those PKE dampeners from the multiplayer of the 2008 game. It's at least adds something beyond the hide-and-seek/prop hunt gameplay.
Yeah I understand the concerns on the gaming worries as opposed to the story worries. I do like the vent idea staying but the massive amount you need to vent in order to keep things going, I suppose it just looks like it's a pay to buy all these extra features just to keep your own pack moving fluidly but I suppose we have to wait and see.
I was legit looking forward to Saint's Row. Nearly pre-ordered it as the avatar demo looked much better then the last game. it's gotten a ton of negative reviews along with reports of crashing and freezing. They don't have a game play trailer up yet either. The cinematic graphics look good, but...

Different companies, however let's hope they have everything in order before launching.

It was the same with WWE 2k22. Awesome game but they were still ironing out the bugs after they launched it. I'm hoping this isn't the new normal for game companies.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]