For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
I don't know if anyone's been experiencing a greater degree of crashes with the game since the latest DLC dropped... I had three separate incidents tonight alone, the final one buggering up the XGB PKE shell research contract so that even though I'd splattered the requisite number of Minions and forced the neccesary number of ghosts out of the furnishings they were haunting, the contract didn't unlock... And instead was reset to 0% progress.

:angryvigo:
deadderek liked this
Ive had a couple bugs happen when trying to trap a ghost with the remote control trap. Everything goes black. I can hear whats going around me but it doesn't give me an option to leave the remote control trap view.

I've also had during private matches in the new court house scared civilians not counting on research projects, as well as a bot ghost not being able to be caught in a trap.
I've had about 6 crashes since the drip.

I had one game where none of the traps would work at all and another where I had no PKE visual but it still operated and another where there were no voices.

When using the VAD once I reach the top the screen freaks out a bit.

The body shape of my avatar keeps changing too.
x box series S/X digital version. Fortunatly I havent had any freezing issues yet. So far though through solo mode ive managed to unlock the Extreme outfit and the EGB pack. Which as of right now I have the EGB pack combined with the RGB rifle. I;m loving the option to be able to change equipment colors.
mrmichaelt wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 2:48 am What consoles are you all using or laptop/what Windows?
Xbox One.

I suppose I'll also record this one if we're building a bug log:

In some instances when (If I remember correctly) I've been knocked down by the ghost whilst wielding the P.K.E. with the RGB shell, the knock-down appears to "break" the P.K.E. mechanic... Once I've picked myself up, the 3D model for the meter no longer loads, meaning for the remainder of the game I can't see the screen at all (I can still get directional prompts and still use the stun setting... the P.K.E. is just invisible).

There was a weird bug on the night the DLC dropped where at times the Ghost Trap model merged with my Proton Gun, again, the RGB shell models in case that makes any particular distinction.

Cheers for passing this on.
Kingpin wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 8:04 am In some instances when (If I remember correctly) I've been knocked down by the ghost whilst wielding the P.K.E. with the RGB shell, the knock-down appears to "break" the P.K.E. mechanic... Once I've picked myself up, the 3D model for the meter no longer loads, meaning for the remainder of the game I can't see the screen at all (I can still get directional prompts and still use the stun setting... the P.K.E. is just invisible).
Thats what happened to me but with the film PKE.
Okay sent those two. They gave me a ticket after the first email and said I can additionally keep sending more. So they have them. Yeah, sounds like they have to tweak the shells, bots, and knock back. I recall they said they did modify the latter two for this past DLC. They said they made the bots more aggressive so that could account for the random jumping.
Kingpin, Hairy Biker liked this
I did notice the bots are more helpful. I mostly play private so always with bots.
Pre-DLC2 when you were firing at a rift they'd come look at it and run off again.
Now, at least 9 out of 10 times i have nearly all 3 come help with rifts which is great.
I've also noticed their trapping ability as improved.
Its made for a much more enjoyable game play experience.

Just wish we could customise our own bot crew.
mrmichaelt liked this
So, it appears along with the seismic pedal, there's an issue with the LIPO battery for the trap that causes the same issue, but not for everyone. It also appears that the equipment tints are somehow tied to a LOT of the crashes. If you unequip the tints, you should see a reduction of crashes.

If any of you use discord, I highly recommend joining the official GBSU discord. Beyond just joining the community there (it's pretty friendly), the bug reporting system is very helpful.
Hairy Biker wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 6:06 pm I did notice the bots are more helpful. I mostly play private so always with bots.
Pre-DLC2 when you were firing at a rift they'd come look at it and run off again.
Now, at least 9 out of 10 times i have nearly all 3 come help with rifts which is great.
I've also noticed their trapping ability as improved.
Its made for a much more enjoyable game play experience.

Just wish we could customise our own bot crew.
The the ghost AI is better too. A good thing but frustrating when your trying to do side gigs offline.
Hairy Biker liked this
Ok, I'm thinking of this - report any bugs here then every Thursday I'll compile them and email them.

Got a reply from the support staff
Hey there Michael,

I hope you are doing well. My name is Federico and I am here to help you today.

I can see that you have compiled a large amount of issues other players experienced in the game after the latest update. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I will escalate this ticket and all the information you provided to our team, so they are aware of these bugs, and can start investigating them further.

Don't hesitate to contact us again if any new issues presents in your game, including any info you have (such as error messages, screenshots or videos), and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,
Federico
Ghostbusters Spirits Unleashed Support Team
Hairy Biker, Kingpin liked this
Bison256 wrote: April 25th, 2023, 9:52 am Anyone know how to unlock the black tint for the Real and extreme gear shells?
I thought you just had to do the DLC 2 update? Or does a player have to be a certain level, too?

The only tint I know of that requires a contract is the Chrome tint. That's one of the new research contracts (the computer in Eddy's lab or the new UI screen). Going to Tenure level 3 unlocks the Gold tint I believe.
mrmichaelt wrote: April 25th, 2023, 5:26 pm
Bison256 wrote: April 25th, 2023, 9:52 am Anyone know how to unlock the black tint for the Real and extreme gear shells?
I thought you just had to do the DLC 2 update? Or does a player have to be a certain level, too?

The only tint I know of that requires a contract is the Chrome tint. That's one of the new research contracts (the computer in Eddy's lab or the new UI screen). Going to Tenure level 3 unlocks the Gold tint I believe.
Ohhhh I see, what I thought was black is chrome.
Bison256 wrote: April 25th, 2023, 6:08 pm Ohhhh I see, what I thought was black is chrome.
Ah, yeah, the tints are a bit deceptive when you're looking at them during Gear Customization depending on your screen and settings.

This is what I saw of the new research contracts - the 4 EGB shells and 1 Chrome Tint one:

*EGB Proton Pack Shell Research Contract
**Help up 5 Other Busters from being Slimed
**Calm 15 Civilians from a scared state

*EGB Particle Thrower Shell Research Contract
**Deal 1000 Rift Fracture Damage
**Flush out 10 Ghosts with your Particle Thrower

*EGB Ghost Trap Shell Research Contract
**Trap 25 Drudges
**Trap 30 Minions

*EGB P.K.E. Meter Shell Research Contract
**Destroy 50 Minions with P.K.E. Blast
**Flush out 10 Ghosts from hiding with the P.K.E. Blast