For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 5th, 2023, 10:25 pm
zeta otaku wrote:Maybe we're getting a haunted Firehouse level or perhaps more story? The shot is vague enough to really be anything at this point.
That would be cool. But poor Winston, just after he renovated the Firehouse. lol. The brochures by where you access cutscenes never teased the medical facility before it was announced . I recall Ocean Aquarium, Downtown Zoo, and Magic Shop unless they were messing with us.

On the latter, yeah, isn't there more to Nameless - like it is supposed to be a harbinger to something worse?

Boss battles would be cool. They could even based them on the history of the maps from the clippings. Like for DLC, you can fight a boss battle at the Rock Island Prisons, the ghosts of the doctor and nurse that were using inmates as test subjects.
Yeah, the brochures were thought to hint at what's next, but it was only ever fan theory.

Those assuming that Ecto customization would lead to driving levels should REALLY temper their expectations to around "greater than zero, but less than one percent" on the chances of it happening.

To be fair, Nameless forgot it's name AND purpose... then again, Ray mentioned that he didn't even remember catching him... so I'm wondering if the cleaned up classic Ecto-1 may lead to time travel shenanigans where WE catch Nameless in the past and hide the trap at Peter's place. A nice little time loop.
mrmichaelt liked this
zeta otaku wrote: February 6th, 2023, 12:56 pm Those assuming that Ecto customization would lead to driving levels should REALLY temper their expectations to around "greater than zero, but less than one percent" on the chances of it happening.
An Ecto-1 driving level is how you gain the undying love of Ghostbusters fans. ;)
zeta otaku wrote: February 6th, 2023, 12:56 pm To be fair, Nameless forgot it's name AND purpose... then again, Ray mentioned that he didn't even remember catching him... so I'm wondering if the cleaned up classic Ecto-1 may lead to time travel shenanigans where WE catch Nameless in the past and hide the trap at Peter's place. A nice little time loop.
Very cool idea! Then again Ray did misquote the Bible once and the fans never forgot that. :P
zeta otaku liked this
zeta otaku wrote: February 6th, 2023, 12:56 pm To be fair, Nameless forgot it's name AND purpose... then again, Ray mentioned that he didn't even remember catching him... so I'm wondering if the cleaned up classic Ecto-1 may lead to time travel shenanigans where WE catch Nameless in the past and hide the trap at Peter's place. A nice little time loop.
Well if they do time travel, they have to include some Displaced Aggression cosmetics. I want to be a cowboy Ghostbuster!
Last edited by Kingpin on February 8th, 2023, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote coding
jonogunn wrote:Can anyone tell me what to do about finished contracts not showing up as completed?

I just finished the RGB PKE Research Contract. It popped up a message saying completed and then on of the tasks show 0/10 again.
Did you go on the GhostbustersSU Twitter and DM them, go to their Discord or email gbsu-support@illfonic.com?

Did you try to log out to the main menu, and log back into the Firehouse and see if it appears then?

Are you finishing the match to completion after you get the notification the contract is completed? If you get the contract done but leave the match before it's done, it won't save. and will revert to 0.

When you complete the contract, finish the match, then select "Leave Job" after the scoreboard appears and tallys up - that seems to work the best to "lock in" completion of a contract.
jonogunn, SpaceBallz liked this
Patch 1.4.1 is released.
https://mp1st.com/news/ghostbusters-spi ... his-feb-14
https://twitter.com/GhostbustersSU/stat ... 7232399361
Patch 1.4.1 (Hotfix)

General
-Various crash fixes
-Fixed an issue where the emote wheel could cause the user to lose input • Fixed an issue where Civilians were walking away while being Calmed • Fixed several possessible objects that were indestructible
-Addressed an issue that was causing Ghosts to become temporarily invisible We’ve implemented several different fixes for this issue over the past couple of patches. We hope this is the fix that will get rid of this bug once and for all, but there still may be some edge cases that we haven’t caught. If you see any instances of the Ghost becoming invisible, please let us know on our social media or the bug reports channel on our Official Discord server. Videos and screenshots are also extremely helpful and encouraged!

Ghosts
-Increased Cooldown refund on canceled Ghost ultimates (Glutton excluded) • Increased base Ghost energy regeneration Rate
-Reduced Rift health regeneration delay
-Increased Rift health regeneration
-Fixed an issue where the Ghost skins would not display correctly in the Ghost Customization Menu when navigating to different Ghost types
-Addressed an issue that was causing the Possess/Haunt UI element to remain when transferring between possessables

Glutton
-Fixed an issue where the incorrect stats were being displayed for the Glutton • Increased Bloat per tick when Consuming
-Reduced Consume cost
-Increased Consume refund when canceled

Ghostbusters
-Reduced stun time to Ghosts from P.K.E. blasts
-Increased battery size and regeneration rate for the Ecto Goggles
-Fixed an issue where the Disruptor Pylon would be momentarily invisible when being placed
- Fixed certain locations that were causing Busters to become stuck
-Fixed an issue where Al busters were navigating to incorrect areas of the map

Particle Thruster
-Fixed an issue where the base Tether Creation Speed was becoming incorrectly modified
-Fixed an issue where the Tether Creation Speed modifier was being incorrectly modified when toggled off
-Reduced base Tether Creation Speed, Stream Range, and Tether Health bonus
-Increased base Heat Generation

Proton Pack
-Reduced the base Venting Speed

Ecto Zapper attachment
-Fixed an issue where the Ecto Zapper was not causing damage to Rifts

Quantum Accelerator attachment
-Reduced Tether Creation Speed bonus

Centrifugal Thruster attachment
-Reduced Cooldown
-Reduced the Venting Speed penalty

Neural Frequency Emitter
-Reduced Cooldown

Snub Nose attachment
-Fixed the equip speed modifier not working on Snub Nose attachment
timeware wrote:Honestly I haven't played as the ghost since then. But I have managed to get quite a few contracts done with the private match options.
No worries. Was just curious if you figured out if it was just Slimer, all your ghosts, just the Lodge level, or maybe the player's tethers were glitching. Guess time ware tell. See what I did there? Ok, good night.
timeware liked this
So the A.I. bots are pretty useless. Had one of them standing on a table for the entire match, but I did finally manage to unlock the remote control trap tonight. I don't think I would have ever done that through online matches and it is very cool. I love how the RCT just hangs off of the web belt, but it does have some graphical clipping issues with the P.K.E. Meter.

Hasbro better get started on the Remote Control Trap.
Nothing much in the Twitch stream today but at the 1 hr 20 min mark, Albert does acknowledge the Slime Blower is the most requested item and the designers are well aware of that.

And the team knows about the lock up that happens when you switch from Buster to Ghost during a level and are working on it.
GB News interview with Jordan Mathewson and Jared Gerritzen.

-Yes, more maps, ghosts coming, and customization coming.
-A ghost class was scrapped and elements were used in others.
-The original story did change into a much better version.
-Aykroyd turned down a vodka nod and told the crew Ray is a whiskey drinker.
-Confirms the Disruptor Pylon is based on the device in Ghostbusters II.
-Coy about more shells about Extreme Ghostbusters, ATC, and Afterlife.
-Working on a saved customized character pre-set, or in other words, a player can switch from one of their customized characters to another without having to go to the locker and changing it all.
-Each building in NY has a lawyer and it's difficult so don't count on new maps of classic movie locations.
-Are doing new elements and layers that will evolve the game like working on ghosts that do new things but don't really expect new modes per say like survival mode or a boss battle.
Kingpin, jonogunn, zeta otaku and 1 others liked this
Pop-Culture Gems interviewed CEO Charles Brungardt and CCO Jared Gerritzen.

-how it came together from talks in 2018, meeting with Ivan
-getting the story/lore bug on Predator and creating story for this game
-being surprised with Ernie Hudson doing his possessed Winston voice
-deciding on doing asymmetrical games, it usually takes a year to make it good/balanced, how players help pointing things out that their test teams never thought of or encountered
-working with Cynthia Millar on the soundtrack
-hints at an exciting DLC/update for this Halloween
-making DLC free to bring in the different segments of fans (Charles uses his daughter as an example, she saw ATC first then they starting watching the classic movies)
-their favorites stuff from DLC 1
Kingpin liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: February 21st, 2023, 5:50 pm The whaty what now?
A social platform that official sites sometimes use. Illfonic has one for this game where bug reports, bug updates, patches, suggestions are posted. One of the best places to get your voice heard by them:
https://discord.com/channels/1031602648 ... 2338105384

or email them at gbsu-support@illfonic.com
Hairy Biker liked this
Their discord is really friendly and helpful so long as you don't come in with an attitude. Come in, say hi. I go by Guyofthe80s on there... I'm usually the guy helping people link their Epic accounts to their consoles and complaining about the wireless trap STILL not working on the PS5 (known issue by the team and the dev team know my handle from making bug reports every patch on that issue ALONE).
mrmichaelt wrote: February 21st, 2023, 5:54 pm
Hairy Biker wrote: February 21st, 2023, 5:50 pm The whaty what now?
A social platform that official sites sometimes use. Illfonic has one for this game where bug reports, bug updates, patches, suggestions are posted. One of the best places to get your voice heard by them:
https://discord.com/channels/1031602648 ... 2338105384

or email them at gbsu-support@illfonic.com
Not gunna lie, I have no idea what Discord is, but thank you for the link.
mrmichaelt liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]