Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
One of the mods here asked and was given an answer. What's your issue with that?
gamera1968 liked this
Whether or not the video game is Canon it's obviously giving Ghost Corps inspiration. It's not like they can't change their minds about it whenever they choose to. I'd like to think that Ghost Corps was very aware of the video game additions to the Hasbro pack and could have told them not to add them at any time during their backing campaign.
gamera1968 liked this
The staff of Ghost Corps and the production of Afterlife didn't feature anything from Ghostbusters: The Video Game in the last movie, so there's no indication yet that that's going to change that approach.

While we can't 100% rule it out at this point that it may be a live-action universe version of the Super Slammer, there's nothing beyond it's location, the very vague suggestion of it's appearance, and our own speculation that proves it is a Super Slammer... And until we learn more, how about we don't resort to calling each other corporate shills? We had enough of that nastiness in 2016.
timeware wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 6:32 pm Whether or not the video game is Canon it's obviously giving Ghost Corps inspiration. It's not like they can't change their minds about it whenever they choose to. I'd like to think that Ghost Corps was very aware of the video game additions to the Hasbro pack and could have told them not to add them at any time during their backing campaign.
It was just a fun Easter egg that some fans took way too seriously.
Kingpin liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 6:45 pm The staff of Ghost Corps and the production of Afterlife didn't feature anything from Ghostbusters: The Video Game in the last movie, so there's no indication yet that that's going to change that approach.

While we can't 100% rule it out at this point that it may be a live-action universe version of the Super Slammer, there's nothing beyond it's location, the very vague suggestion of it's appearance, and our own speculation that proves it is a Super Slammer... And until we learn more, how about we don't resort to calling each other corporate shills? We had enough of that nastiness in 2016.
Of course not, it just resembles it. If it is indeed a trap then it's at most it's an unofficial shout out.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 4:43 am So if anyone wants to find the time stamp and transcribe the quote of Dan talking about Acaster's character, please do. <cough>Kingpin<cough>robbitron<cough>
0:00:48: Matt Tebbutt introduces Dan Aykroyd.
0:01:18: Tebbutt address Dan directly, kicking off the informal interview.
0:01:37: Tebbutt says they'll talk about "Ghostbusters: Firehouse" shortly, but first asks an ice breaker about the hat Dan was wearing (it was Dan's tribute to food service workers everywhere, and was from In-N-Out Burger).
1:19:56: Tebbutt follows-up his earlier reference to "Ghostbusters: Firehouse".
1:20:05: Dan: Well we've passed the torch to uh... The new generation-
Matt: Uh-huh
Dan: -played by Finn Wolfhard, McKenna Grace, and of course Paul Rudd and Carrie Coon and they're-
Matt: Love Paul Rudd
Dan: -They're wonderful. Yeah, he's one of the greatest guys in the business.
Um, and so we... We... We passed the torch to them, uh, in the last story, Afterlife, which people saw, there... And, uh, and enjoyed.
And now we're, uh, into a new story that takes place in New York City, but we're shooting it all here in England because we have spectacular stages at Shinfield and Winnersh-
Matt: Uh-huh.
Dan:-State of the art stages, like you'd see at Warner Brothers or Columbia, or uh, ah Paramount there in Hollywood, really great crews-
Matt: Yeah.
Dan: -Really state of the art, uh, facilities... And, uh, it's just fun to work over here... Uh, and so everybody that's... That's come here from, uh, America... Uh, are just loving it, in fact we've got six people on our crew that are gonna move here, they say "I'm moving to London", you know... Um-
Matt: Earlier Ollie and I were fortunate to go along to a, um, ah, a little sort of shindig last night, weren't we Ollie?
Ollie Smith: We were.
Matt: James Acaster.
Ollie: James Acaster and lovely Ed Gamble-
Matt: Ed Gamble.
Ollie: -of course. Yeah, we were there.
Dan: James is in our show-
Ollie: Yeah.
Dan: He plays, he plays one of the developers of new equipment for the Ghostbusters-
Matt: He was very excited about this.
Dan: He's great, he's very funny... And what a gentleman, he's wonderful.
Matt: He's a lovely fella, isn't he? And you've done off-menu podcast.
Dan: Uh... I have... Well before, yes, I think I did it remotely, yeah.
Matt: Um... And so-
Dan: You know we've got the Cadillac in there, Ecto-1, and uh... We've got Firehouse... We actually, we built an entire replica of the Firehouse on stage inside. They built the corner of Varrick and North Moore inside the stage.
Ollie: Oh wow!
Matt: Oh really?
Dan: And did it beautifully, the production design is spectacular from the show... Again, I'm so grateful to work with these pe-people and uh, you know... Ah, they're making the vision of the director and producer come to life... And, uh, um... It's, it's just fun to be able to play that character again and be in... In that world, you know?
Ollie: He's a lovely chap, Ray Stantz, isn't he? He's just lovely.
Dan: Well, you know... He's, uh, enthusiastic about, uh... About the occult, and about the paranormal and the supernatural... He's, uh... They say he's the heart of the Ghostbusters.
Ollie: So that's kinda you, isn't it? You're very enthusiastic about the paranormal as well...
1:22:19 (The conversation moves on to Dan's interest in the paranormal, and his other films.)
Just realized that this movie and Beetlejuice 2 are both currently filming at the same time and in the same studios (Warner Brothers Leavesden).

I know they are totally separate productions and there is basically zero chance of there being any kind of sharing between the two productions but a small part of me thinks it would maybe be fun if some low-level crewmembers snuck in some background references or something.
deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 8:39 pm we're shooting it all here in England because we have spectacular stages at Shinfield and Winnersh-
Thanks, Kingpin!

Ah, another nugget. So not 1, not 2, but 3 studios being used. Winnersh confirms something. Back when Daily Mail posted that article covering Rudd, Hudson, and Atherton, there was a photo of Ecto-1. That was actually outside Winnersh and not where they were filming with that trio. And Winnersh happens to have the biggest Volume in UK. So I suspect like Afterlife did similarly with the Muncher chase and Vinz pursuit, they film some driving on the streets and some of it at Winnersh. Though of course, could also be a set they would need a Volume for like Mandalorian famously does. Like i.e. maybe a scene in the Netherworld.

EDIT: Saw one more Ecto-1 video. 5th Avenue & 18th Street by Club Monaco. GB3blog had a video of that bit, too. Noticed a stunt driver in a flightsuit, must be Paul Rudd's stand-in.
https://twitter.com/lilmangamr/status/1 ... 4610793472
deadderek, doney84, isitatomic? and 2 others liked this
jonogunn wrote: June 4th, 2023, 12:46 am When Aykroyd says end of the year or spring does he mean end of 2023 and spring of 2024?
Yeah, I took it as he was alluding to the December 2023 date (as 'end of the year') and also suggesting a delay to spring 2024 but it depends on post-production finishing when it does.
jonogunn, SpaceBallz liked this
Dan is great but anything GB related you have to REALLY be careful getting your hopes up or relying on him.
Kingpin, groschopf liked this
groschopf wrote: June 4th, 2023, 2:20 amIF that clamshell thing is a trap like the Super Slammer...I hope it's nicknamed "the slamshell."
That's a good one.

deadderek wrote: June 4th, 2023, 2:27 am Dan is great but anything GB related you have to REALLY be careful getting your hopes up or relying on him.
Yeah, I still remember all GBIII announcements he made back in the day. lol. Plus, sending this movie to spring 2024 is sending it to its doom. There's too much competition in the first half of 2024. At best, late July/August is when the field clears. Marvel's Thunderbolts is delaying its production start so it's theatrical is likely to be delayed so Sony could shoot for July 19/26 and rake in end of summer gross for this GB movie. If the date is going to be delayed.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 4th, 2023, 3:08 am
groschopf wrote: June 4th, 2023, 2:20 amIF that clamshell thing is a trap like the Super Slammer...I hope it's nicknamed "the slamshell."
Eh, let's make it sound a bit cooler by giving it a little WWE flare. The Hell Slammer would be a good name for it also. Since it's slamming Ghosts from hell.
mrmichaelt liked this
WCat2000 wrote: June 4th, 2023, 3:24 am What exactly should we not rely on Dan about? This is not the same as reporting a GB3 when nothing was officially happening. James Acaster's character? This movie is currently being made and Dan is in it.
In the Chris Moyles Show, Dan closed on when this movie comes out, at the 28:53 mark, "Either end of the year or spring, not sure, you know, it’ll be depending upon music and mixing and all the things that have to be done. I’m excited about it because I see what we’re getting, and there’s some wonderful sequences and great comedy. Good scares and great comedy." This is the first we heard of a possible delay to Spring 2024. But what Derek was alluding to was Dan had also been cheerleading a GB3 movie since the early 90s and in his interviews he would always say GB3 is greenlit for so-and-so to film. So it's a bit of the boy who cried wolf. Here's some examples: February 18, 2009, Aykroyd stated the script was still being worked on and that they "hope to be in production by late fall 2009". On September 23, 2010, Dan Aykroyd said they hope to be in business in Spring (2011). On August 25, 2011, during an interview with Dennis Miller Radio, Dan Aykroyd stated he hopes to go into production in Spring (2012). On April 23, 2013, Dan Aykroyd revealed half of the screenplay is be completed very soon. Aykroyd thinks the movie should be in production by the fall and be shooting by the new year. On July 21, 2014, on the Today show, Dan Aykroyd commented the movie is looking to be in pre-production in spring 2015. So in all honestly, we should take this recent comment of 'or spring 2024' with a lump of salt and be skeptical until Sony officially issues a press release on a new date.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 11:56 pm EDIT: Saw one more Ecto-1 video. 5th Avenue & 18th Street by Club Monaco. GB3blog had a video of that bit, too. Noticed a stunt driver in a flightsuit, must be Paul Rudd's stand-in.
https://twitter.com/lilmangamr/status/1 ... 4610793472
Standing close to what looks like Paul Ruud's stand-in appears to be two other people with a long garment on trying to conceal flightsuits. Judging by their hair I'm guessing Trevor & Phoebe's stand-ins ?
mrmichaelt wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 11:56 pm
Kingpin wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 8:39 pm we're shooting it all here in England because we have spectacular stages at Shinfield and Winnersh-
Thanks, Kingpin!

Ah, another nugget. So not 1, not 2, but 3 studios being used.
Yeah, it's kinda crazy but literally every single studio in the UK has been booked up for the past few years.

American companies have always shot movies/shows in the UK of course, but it's really exploded now and that was before the writer's strike.

They've had to build so many new soundstage facilities because of it that, in fact, Shinfield and Winnersh are still technically under construction even now.

The demand for studio space is so large that instead of building all of them at once, they're just doing each soundstage one by one and getting productions in as quickly as possible.
WCat2000 wrote: June 4th, 2023, 3:24 am What exactly should we not rely on Dan about? This is not the same as reporting a GB3 when nothing was officially happening. James Acaster's character? This movie is currently being made and Dan is in it.
Once filming starts I think we can rely on his word more. Dan always forgets to self censor.
timeware wrote: June 4th, 2023, 2:09 am Anyone thinking Ghostbusters day we might get a shot of James in a lab standing in front of new equipment that's covered with a sheet wearing his uniform?
I wonder if spirits unleashed will put him in game to replace the Asian scientist? So that game meshes with the new flim better.
Last edited by Bison256 on June 4th, 2023, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
timeware liked this
isitatomic? wrote: June 4th, 2023, 6:18 amYeah, it's kinda crazy but literally every single studio in the UK has been booked up for the past few years.
isitatomic? wrote: June 4th, 2023, 6:18 amThey've had to build so many new soundstage facilities because of it that, in fact, Shinfield and Winnersh are still technically under construction even now.
It's great getting to see the UK become competitive as a place for filmmaking again. :) There's plans to build another big film studio only a few miles from where I live, which hopefully would help to provide a bit of a boon to the local economy, as well as hopefully present opportunities for the new studio to collaborate with the local universty's film-making department.
Bison256 wrote: June 4th, 2023, 6:43 am I wonder if spirits unleashed will put him in game to replace the Asian scientist? So that game meshes with the new flim better.
Eddy Chan, and I have my doubts, seeing as Spirits Unleashed is an off-shoot continuity.
Kingpin wrote: June 4th, 2023, 7:20 am
isitatomic? wrote: June 4th, 2023, 6:18 amYeah, it's kinda crazy but literally every single studio in the UK has been booked up for the past few years.
isitatomic? wrote: June 4th, 2023, 6:18 amThey've had to build so many new soundstage facilities because of it that, in fact, Shinfield and Winnersh are still technically under construction even now.
It's great getting to see the UK become competitive as a place for filmmaking again. :) There's plans to build another big film studio only a few miles from where I live, which hopefully would help to provide a bit of a boon to the local economy, as well as hopefully present opportunities for the new studio to collaborate with the local universty's film-making department.
Bison256 wrote: June 4th, 2023, 6:43 am I wonder if spirits unleashed will put him in game to replace the Asian scientist? So that game meshes with the new flim better.
Eddy Chan, and I have my doubts, seeing as Spirits Unleashed is an off-shoot continuity.
The devs of the spider-man game made Peter looks more like Tom Holland in the next generation version. But spirits unleashed barely has a story, it's an excuse plot at best. The meat of the game is the online matches. Not sure it'd be worth the time and money to bring James Acaster in to re-record Eddy lines.
I see us getting Afterlife equipment as the next free DLC, no characters. I don't know what they have planned for the immediate future this is just a guess on my part. As Firehouse rolls around we should expect paid DLC consisting of possible New Story, strong likely hood of new equipment, and maybe adding Phoebe to the game. I would expect any Firehouse content to be added very early 1st quarter of 24, or dropped as paid DLC right before Firehouse is released if the date doesn't get changed.

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]