Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
timeware wrote: May 30th, 2023, 9:32 pm True. They could always adopt a Hard Knight Day but Sir Bruce would get to many Vigo comparisons
For young me, it was the other way around when I saw GB2 in theaters in 1989 but of course my parents had no idea what I was talking about. Would be funny if the Manhattan Museum of Art did have more haunted paintings as the psychiatric doctor dryly joked about.

But what you said about the Tower got me thinking. Wonder if filming a scene with Atherton had some reasons i.e. too hard to film in a municipal office in NYC in the present, it's a small scene like Mayor's office in GB1 so making a set at Leavesden isn't financially prudent, and/or Atherton had some scheduling conflicts so they filmed the scene earlier than originally planned and location scouted a suitable place they could dress as Peck's office in London and thus this was the exception to doing a location shoot in the UK.
timeware, deadderek liked this
Been away for a while. Nice to see all the updates on the forum.

Just saw the news regarding Kumail. Have a feeling he might be the bad guy... maybe a superior Sumerian God to Gozer, Enlil, Enki?... i.e. growing the universe as posted earlier?

Anyway, can't wait for the new movie. Sorry if I posted something that's old news.

Take care all.
deadderek liked this
deadderek wrote: May 31st, 2023, 5:53 pmI don't dislike the character of Lucky
deadderek wrote: May 31st, 2023, 5:53 pmjust being realistic
I'm calling BS on that, Derek.
I think the sentiment and negativity of your recent comments about her are proof enough you don't like her (which would be fine in itself if you were actually willing to admit that you don't like her), but I personally find them to be unnecessarily negative, and I'm not the only one who feels they drag down the tone of the topic a little.

I think there'd be plenty of people who watched Afterlife who'd find her complete absence from "Firehouse" very conspicuous after what build-up she was given as a potential member of the new team, and what prominence she got in the finale of the film.

I've said my piece and don't wish to derail the topic further. If you want to continue this discussion, then I invite you to send me a PM, rather than posting about it in this topic. I would ask you to lay off her a little in future posts, please.
One time wrote: May 31st, 2023, 8:32 pm Just saw the news regarding Kumail. Have a feeling he might be the bad guy... maybe a superior Sumerian God to Gozer, Enlil, Enki?... i.e. growing the universe as posted earlier?
I think it would be best if "Firehouse" used something else for its mythological basis than Sumerian beliefs again, otherwise we'd be at 3 out of 4/5 films using it, and then that's starting to get a little over-reliant.
Even further than that, it'd probably be a good idea for the franchise to not use ancient mythology for a while just for story variety... And maybe should go down a path more like Ghostbusters II in using either villanous humans, or a central ghost threat that was a regular human in life, but has become empowered in death.
I think it would be best if "Firehouse" used something else for its mythological basis than Sumerian beliefs again, otherwise we'd be at 3 out of 4/5 films using it, and then that's starting to get a little over-reliant.
Even further than that, it'd probably be a good idea for the franchise to not use ancient mythology for a while just for story variety... And maybe should go down a path more like Ghostbusters II in using either villanous humans, or a central ghost threat that was a regular human in life, but has become empowered in death.
While i'd like to see a change up the formula works. Think Phineas and Ferb, Sonic and Robotnik, Mario and Bowser. Even though those cartoons and games have changed things up a little over the years they go back to their original villains. While it would be nice to see something else then Gozer don't be surprised if Shandor pulls himself back together. When men do splits like that it takes a while to recover. Lol.
Kingpin wrote: June 1st, 2023, 2:12 am
One time wrote: May 31st, 2023, 8:32 pm Just saw the news regarding Kumail. Have a feeling he might be the bad guy... maybe a superior Sumerian God to Gozer, Enlil, Enki?... i.e. growing the universe as posted earlier?
I see where you are coming from but I'm weary of having nothing to dig into apart from 3 paragraphs on the GB wiki as to what Gozer (or Vigo) is.

Using actual Sumerian Gods (or any other mythology) would give us fans so much more to dig into than "Gozer" and "Vigo". What can you learn about Vigo other than his last name was the last name of the body builder actor used during shooting? You can replace Vigo with whatever other make believe bad guy they have planned for GB:F.

I've said it before. The franchise needs to grow its lore (compare Star Wars lore to GB lore).

Plus Sumerian mythology, while being fundamental to GB lore is also (I believe) the oldest mythology known to humans and the closest to PIE (basically what all other mythologies; Vedic, Zoroastrian, Hebrew, Christian, Muslim are based on). Imagine endless reading material to dive into if they use actual mythology.

Plus the Tobin's Spirit guide sources (actual real life books) they used in GB:Afterlife that I linked to earlier feature real mythology.

A way out there thought: GB:F may even have a way of bringing people of the world together, building on that shared ancestry. Getting people to be curious and to think.

A man can dream.

PS: same old same old, I've been gone for months, come back and within 2 posts am butting heads with you Ben :wink:
Kingpin wrote: June 1st, 2023, 2:12 am I think it would be best if "Firehouse" used something else for its mythological basis than Sumerian beliefs again, otherwise we'd be at 3 out of 4/5 films using it, and then that's starting to get a little over-reliant.

I'd like to see some Old Gods mythology. Maybe the team take on Cthulhu (I know Real Ghostbusters did that) but I think it'd be really amazing to see something like that.

Maybe take that cult idea we all had for Afterlife and expand on that. And actually group of cultists in New York (Though New England would be better) trying to bring about the rise of the Old Gods.
Maybe Peck is a member...or the leader.
I personally like Peck to be a stick up the GB's butt, but in a minor villain way. They could have easily tied him to Gozer for his actions in the first movie, but they wisely chose against it.

I feel the movie is better for it, and Peck becoming a cult leader would diminish his character for me. I hope he is still a mayor (see what I did there) dick to the GB, but for petty, not spectral, reasons.
Kingpin, Hairy Biker liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: June 1st, 2023, 3:21 pm An interesting post on reddit today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... ilming_in/

It seems that the bank that the Ghostbusters went to in 1984 is still in business:

https://i.imgur.com/EzdxKEw.jpg
Aha! The real villians of the Ghostbusters universe are finally revealed!

That's pretty neat, it may be a small detail, but one that expands the original film's lore. :)
JonXCTrack wrote: June 1st, 2023, 3:21 pm An interesting post on reddit today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... ilming_in/

It seems that the bank that the Ghostbusters went to in 1984 is still in business:

https://i.imgur.com/EzdxKEw.jpg
lol, there goes my theory they weren't doing any more exterior filming in London. Manhattan City Bank must have survived on those mortgages. A hot dog stand? Perhaps Slimer will be free roaming in NYC in this movie.
jonogunn wrote: June 1st, 2023, 10:31 pm I'm still hoping they somehow show flashbacks of busts the OG's did back in the day. use diff actors with deepfake, dark lighting, don't show their face I don't care.
Hmm, maybe they would utilize more scenes from the movies like the original commercial being on YouTube or canonize deleted scenes like they did in Afterlife with Janine giving Egon her lucky coin or the Reitman's as extras running out of Central Park West. Plus, MPC who worked on ghost Egon did also create a younger, photoreal version of Harold Ramis as he appeared in the original film then edited him into it to prove that they could do the gig. Perhaps if there is a central threat that the original team faced back in the day, there could be a flashback scene to it in some capacity.

timeware wrote: June 1st, 2023, 9:46 pm The name of that hotdog cart though. Lol. I'm thinking this scene will get re created for sure.
Probably or some kind of homage like what they did with the Miner Ghost being a hat tip to the Zombie Taxi Driver.
timeware liked this
jonogunn wrote: June 1st, 2023, 10:31 pm I'm still hoping they somehow show flashbacks of busts the OG's did back in the day. use diff actors with deepfake, dark lighting, don't show their face I don't care.
If they were gonna use flashbacks, Afterlife would've been the time to do it... But with the focus of the films now shifting to Phoebe and the next generation of Ghostbusters, I don't see them going to the effort to de-age the original cast.

I suspect that now that the passing of the torch has begun, Jason and Gil are likely going to focus less on the Ghostbusters' past and more on their future, leaving little necessity for de-aging the actors. They likely viewed using deepfake technology for Egon as a necessary expenditure as those were special circumstances... A chance to feature Harold and Egon one last time.

Whereas de-aging the guys for some flashback scenes feels less necessary... The context of the flashback itself could be easily covered by a brief bit of dialogue rather than a more expensive digitally-altered sequence. Plus it'd be money from the budget that could be spent on improving other areas of the film... As it seems reasonably likely that Jason and Gil are still having to keep one eye on the purse strings in order to keep Sony happy.
deadderek, mrmichaelt liked this
^True. I guess if we're gonna see a flashback it would more likely be in the tie-in comic.

EDIT: Noticed in that reddit, someone claimed to work next to KPMG and claims a crew member told them the scene is for a CGI dragon. lol.

Also found this tweet with 2 more pics: just newsracks, a taxi, and a U.S. mail bin.
https://twitter.com/DailyNickNews/statu ... 1282852864
Alphagaia wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 6:24 am Wasn't there some website that showed which trailers would air soon?

I remember we looking for updates during the windup to Afterlife.

Could be helpful for our expectations for next week if someone remembers the site?
Was it the BBFC?

Alberta has a similar site.
https://www.alberta.ca/recently-rated-trailers.aspx
Alphagaia, Davideverona liked this
I'd love to see a comic on what happened between GB2 and Afterlife. We got so very little details.
mrmichaelt, Kingpin liked this
In regards to the flashback it could be a tie in to the current plot. Start off the opening scene with a flashback bust where they accidentally opened some portal or released a ghost or something and didn't know it. Or do it somewhere in the 2nd act during an exposition scene. Can be something basic and cost effective. Don't even care to see their faces. Have them in a dark scene with lots of shadows.

I'm reminded of the flashback scene of Luke & Leia in The Rise of Skywalker. It was short and their faces were completely blocked for most of the scene but I remember it generated a whole bunch of buzz.

That's been my hope since the Afterlife days
One time wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 2:40 pm Content missing?
It was a facebook story might have been 24 hours only and vaporized after that probably. >_<

EDIT: Messaged GB Ireland, they said they got a take down notice. "We were asked to remove the post so afraid we can't put it back up or share the images."

EDIT: Dan starts at 17:34 in the mentioned Chris Moyle Show.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/30bwcy8WnJWQ1ejTzAX4GY
-Starts about Crystal Head Vodka
-24:44 his career, most proud of Blues Brothers movie,
-27:05, Ghostbusters movies
--27:38, "We’re handing the torch to a new generation. It’s someone younger now that has to put on that 50lb pack and go out there and expose themself to radiation. We have a terrific new cast: Mckenna Grace, and Finn Wolfhard, and Logan Kim. The idea now is that they’re going to be the ones that take it and take over. Now, Paul Rudd is also in it, and Carry Coon. I love the new cast, and it’s going to be their responsibility now to keep it going and keep New York clean of pesky ghosts."
--28:35, "Mckenna Grace, when she was, you know, a little girl, she dressed up as a Ghostbuster for Halloween, and she said, “I am going to be a Ghostbuster someday,” and now she’s effectively the CEO of the new iteration."
--28:53, "Either end of the year or spring, not sure, you know, it’ll be depending upon music and mixing and all the things that have to be done. I’m excited about it because I see what we’re getting, and there’s some wonderful sequences and great comedy. Good scares and great comedy."
Kingpin wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 6:37 pm Filming of the scene outside KPMG: LINK
Ah, good, you found the video. Heard about it but couldn't find it this morning. Fans for a big wind gust that people struggle to stay standing and some people look upwards. Ok, adds a bit more weight to the one reddit user claiming a crew member told him there's a 'CGI dragon' in the scene...

EDIT: Diamond has a listing for 7 Funko Pop figures slated for April 24, 2024. 1 is a Deluxe Pop and one is a Jumbo 10". Maybe related to this movie?
https://twitter.com/GhostbustersNC/stat ... 1481054208
The Real Kent Ghostbusters spotted this at Dan's vodka signing:
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=934278047607404
Last edited by deadderek on June 3rd, 2023, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt, Kingpin, jonogunn and 1 others liked this

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]