Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: March 16th, 2023, 3:48 am
Ecto24601 wrote: March 13th, 2023, 9:55 am At this stage I would really appreciate some official cast announcements. But GB official social media has never been good at creating hype.
I kinda wonder if the whole will he/ won't he with Ernie might have been a low-key promo stunt.
But to what effect? Creating negative press about a Ghostbusters movie...again? After Sony/Ghost Corps/Jason tried their best to shift the Ghostbusters franchise to something positive again? Especially considering that Ernie is a black actor (I hate to point this out as it doesn't matter to me in the least, but we know it's a thing) who felt betrayed by how his contribution to Ghostbusters was treated all those years? That would be one hell of a stunt. No matter how we fans twist and turn it, since ATC the GB franchise has a negative reputation that is still persistent, as evidenced by many reviews of Afterlife. Anyone responsible for the Ernie Hudson controversy of the past weeks should be fired, no matter which side (Sony or Ernie's reps) they're on. It's super irresponsible. And I hope, I really hope, this is over and done with.
DancingToaster liked this
I think honestly, Ernie just wanted to get cast well and paid properly. I doubt there's more to it than that.
deadderek, Corey91 liked this
robbritton wrote: March 16th, 2023, 7:32 am I think honestly, Ernie just wanted to get cast well and paid properly. I doubt there's more to it than that.
The most likely scenario.
Davideverona wrote: March 16th, 2023, 12:29 am As always, Ben has the screenshot if someone wants to see it.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: March 16th, 2023, 3:48 am I kinda wonder if the whole will he/ won't he with Ernie might have been a low-key promo stunt.
I believe Ernie's too much of a professional to do something like that as a publicity stunt.
robbritton, mrmichaelt liked this
Mercifull wrote: March 16th, 2023, 5:57 am
deadderek wrote: March 16th, 2023, 12:40 am That's the most interesting part. I know it's a concern of quite a few people, but I REALLY hope they nail the "New York" feel for this new movie.
As someone who has only been to NYC twice (one time as a young child and once more than 15 years ago) as long as the streets show steam coming from those things put over drains and there's yellow cabs then it counts as New York haha.
Agreed, and can confirm steam vents are still around lol.
The street signs also have to be right!

I get that NY is difficult and expensive to film in, but GB is such an essential "NY" movie that captures it so effectively. Is there any talk of using the city for any shots (even limited ones)?
Ectojeff88 wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:53 am We know Celeste arrived in UK, but she isn’t listed and Podcast is nowhere! Where is he???? :sigh:
I think there may be a bit of a blackout in place on the cast's social media, Celeste's post announcing she's in the UK has since vanished from her account.
Ectojeff88 wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:53 am We know Celeste arrived in UK, but she isn’t listed and Podcast is nowhere! Where is he???? :sigh:
He just took his driver's license, it'll take him a lot to arrive in the UK.

Also, I bet my house on it: we'll get a first day pic on the first day of shooting. Who thinks it will be a little more revealing than the Jason's ones, given that Gil has been a little more open with the revelations?
Kingpin wrote: March 16th, 2023, 11:06 amI think there may be a bit of a blackout in place on the cast's social media, Celeste's post announcing she's in the UK has since vanished from her account.
I thought instagram stories were temporary and self-delete after x amount of time? I am still thinking the main cast will be among the things that get announced on Monday so we'll know by then which OGs and which of the new cast are in it. The cast listings on the Production Weekly posts don't mean anything as I've learned last movie when there was one early post where it was just Sigourney Weaver and some of the new cast.
deadderek wrote: March 16th, 2023, 12:40 am That's the most interesting part. I know it's a concern of quite a few people, but I REALLY hope they nail the "New York" feel for this new movie.

Scream 6 was nice, but I was really put off by how it was obviously just a dressed up Canada. I'd be even more upset if we get the same from Ghostbusters 4.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

BatDan wrote: March 16th, 2023, 12:06 pm theres even a little teaser poster image on IMDB.

Now before ya jump down my throat about "IMDB"....I posted about finding this synopsis on IMDB weeks ago and yall laughed and scoffed. lol :cool:

Be that as it may, the provenance of the poster is currently dubious...

The two no-ghost logos don't match each other in the shade of their red, and one has the black backing behind the ghost... While the other doesn't. The inconsistent logos are an extremely poor bit of graphic design... And at face value makes it look like it's been cobbled together from material available on the internet.

Then there's the text logo. When they updated the text logo for Afterlife, they made the subtitle the same font/typeface as "GHOSTBUSTERS"... The IMDb poster doesn't show the same design consistency... Again, it doesn't leave me with the feeling this is in any way an official product.

Finally, there's the initials "SHCB" in the bottom right-hand corner, which I suspect is the artist's initials.
Sav C, BatDan, timeware and 2 others liked this
Yeah.. Its definitely not an “official” teaser poster, the plainness and inconsistencies scream that.

Still cool to see some activity on the page, none the less.

However..it takes a lot of rings and loops to get a pic uploaded on a film (in-production) that youre not involved with.

My guess is its something cheap and fast someone involved with Ghost Corp mocked up to fill the blank space since they knew some news was dropping.

If not and someone uninvolved was able to get it up there..we should have someone inform Eric to take it down.
If they don't take it down and this is a GhostCorps employee they need their pay check reduced, or a good scolding. I don't think something like this would amount to a firing but this is lazy as lazy can get. Anyone with basic MS Paint skills can throw this together in seconds by doing a quick google search.
deadderek, groschopf liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: March 16th, 2023, 5:29 pm

Scream 6 was nice, but I was really put off by how it was obviously just a dressed up Canada. I'd be even more upset if we get the same from Ghostbusters 4.
jonogunn liked this
IMdB is NOT a credible source of any information as just like Wikipedia it's able to be edited by almost any ole user. Also if anyone for 1 second thought that shitty splattering of GB images/words looked even remotely real or professional, they need glasses.

As for informing Eric? I doubt he gives a shit about some crappy fan made knockoff being posted to IMdB.

Come on people it's 2023.
Does it bother any1 else how not involved any1 in Ghostcorp is wit the fandom? There is like 0.00 direct interaction. Waddup with that?

Take this Eric fellow I keep hearing about. Or Jason. Or Gil. It would take 0.00 effort for them to come here & talk with us. 5 minutes of their day. Answer sum questions. Get involved a bit. Right!?!

A lot of creators/directors do that. Jonah Nolan & his wife Lisa use to visit the Westworld Reddit forum, Terry Mattalas is super involved with fans on Twitter. James Gunn is answering all kinds of Q’s ‘bout his new DC universe. JMS use to talk to fans directly on message boards. Same with Ira Behr. I remember when the LOTR movies were in production and PJ got super involved with the fandom over at aint it cool news(which was a cesspool).

This is the primary GB fans site on the net as far as message boards go. & not once in its history has any1 involved in the production come here to chill with us for a minute. Any1 of consequence that is.

I bring this up because I saw Deaderek reference Eric & some1 else mention how bad they are at hyping up these movies & it’s true. Why can’t some1 from Ghostcorp come here once in a blue moon & drum up excitement? Is that asking a lot? I’m sure they are busy now that production is about to start but that’s still no excuse why they can’t communicate. Or *some1*

How many times on Afterlife did we hear “this is for the fans” “this is for the fans”. Well here we are! Come talk to us sometime. We won’t bite. Maybe Richardless will :);)

So any of u that have Eric or whoever’s attention. Give an invite to come here & mayb talk with us a bit. Doesn’t even gotta be about the new movie. Could be Afterlife related. Or whateva!
GuyX wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:03 pm Does it bother any1 else how not involved any1 in Ghostcorp is wit the fandom? There is like 0.00 direct interaction. Waddup with that?

Ghost Corps is involved with the fandom. They're active with franchises mostly instead of 1 on 1 with individual fans. It makes sense.

Take this Eric fellow I keep hearing about. Or Jason. Or Gil. It would take 0.00 effort for them to come here & talk with us. 5 minutes of their day. Answer sum questions. Get involved a bit. Right!?!

It's unfair to expect directors/producers/etc of any movie to come answer questions on a forum. When it happens it's nice, but we aren't owed that. No fan/fandom is.

A lot of creators/directors do that. Jonah Nolan & his wife Lisa use to visit the Westworld Reddit forum, Terry Mattalas is super involved with fans on Twitter. James Gunn is answering all kinds of Q’s ‘bout his new DC universe. JMS use to talk to fans directly on message boards. Same with Ira Behr. I remember when the LOTR movies were in production and PJ got super involved with the fandom over at aint it cool news(which was a cesspool).

Again, we aren't "owed" anything as fans.

This is the primary GB fans site on the net as far as message boards go. & not once in its history has any1 involved in the production come here to chill with us for a minute. Any1 of consequence that is.

With the rise of social media a lot of forum sites have vanished in general. To be blunt they just aren't as popular as they use to be.

I bring this up because I saw Deaderek reference Eric & some1 else mention how bad they are at hyping up these movies & it’s true. Why can’t some1 from Ghostcorp come here once in a blue moon & drum up excitement? Is that asking a lot? I’m sure they are busy now that production is about to start but that’s still no excuse why they can’t communicate. Or *some1*

The opinion was that the GB social media accounts aren't doing as great a job as they could. However we don't know the specifics behind how Sony/Columbia/Ghost Corps/etc run the accounts. It could be a couple interns hired 3rd party. We simply don't know. Also there's not a lot of need to "drum up excitement" for a new Ghostbusters movie...on a Ghostbusters message board. Also by "no excuse why they can't communicate" comes off as extremely selfish sounding. They don't owe us anything.

How many times on Afterlife did we hear “this is for the fans” “this is for the fans”. Well here we are! Come talk to us sometime. We won’t bite. Maybe Richardless will :);)

So any of u that have Eric or whoever’s attention. Give an invite to come here & mayb talk with us a bit. Doesn’t even gotta be about the new movie. Could be Afterlife related. Or whateva!

This happened not too long ago. One of the mods was kind enough to ask questions on this forum's behalf.
groschopf liked this
Eric did a Q&A with Michael (last year?) he didn't answer all of our questions but he was decent enough to do it in the first place. As of right now Eric probobly has his plate full and knows that we aren't going to ask questions just pretaining to afterlife. So to avoid giving up spoilers I think that Ghost Corps just plans on sticking to a wizard world and other cons this year to get the hype out.
I would expect merch to start rolling out after filming with Covid dying down, and if filming goes smoothly we should see a trailer on Ghostbusters day.
(Didn't see your post when I hit submit Derrick.)
deadderek liked this
timeware wrote:Eric did a Q&A with Michael (last year?) he didn't answer all of our questions but he was decent enough to do it in the first place. As of right now Eric probobly has his plate full and knows that we aren't going to ask questions just pretaining to afterlife. So to avoid giving up spoilers I think that Ghost Corps just plans on sticking to a wizard world and other cons this year to get the hype out.
Yes, January '22.

I don't think they will do anything with Wizard World ever again. Like the past couple years, it's a given they will do their own event on the Sony lot on GB Day. I would guess the big con they will be at will be New York Comic Con, more so if they're sticking to the December release date.
deadderek wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:19 pm
GuyX wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:03 pm Does it bother any1 else how not involved any1 in Ghostcorp is wit the fandom? There is like 0.00 direct interaction. Waddup with that?

Ghost Corps is involved with the fandom. They're active with franchises mostly instead of 1 on 1 with individual fans. It makes sense.

It's unfair to expect directors/producers/etc of any movie to come answer questions on a forum. When it happens it's nice, but we aren't owed that. No fan/fandom is.

Again, we aren't "owed" anything as fans.

With the rise of social media a lot of forum sites have vanished in general. To be blunt they just aren't as popular as they use to be.

The opinion was that the GB social media accounts aren't doing as great a job as they could. However we don't know the specifics behind how Sony/Columbia/Ghost Corps/etc run the accounts. It could be a couple interns hired 3rd party. We simply don't know. Also there's not a lot of need to "drum up excitement" for a new Ghostbusters movie...on a Ghostbusters message board. Also by "no excuse why they can't communicate" comes off as extremely selfish sounding. They don't owe us anything.

This happened not too long ago. One of the mods was kind enough to ask questions on this forum's behalf.
Um. Did u write this? It’s appearing as like u are quoting someone? I’m treating this reply as if u wrote it. If u didn’t, pay no mind.

Why r u quoting “owed” like I said they owed us anything? I didn’t say that at all. Kind of an odd track to take. It’s an easy and simple thing to do and would go a long way to show that they give a shit.

that 1:1 fan thing is a bunch of baloney. “It makes sense”. Yeah no it doesn’t. It makes sense to talk to fans 1:1 AND as a whole. Doing 1 but excluding the other makes 0 sense.

It is not unfair to expect or ask that someone from Ghostcorp visit and answer some questions. What a ridiculous notion. Do u know what a press junket is? The entire cast goes around talking to press for days on end. Someone from Ghostcorp can’t take the time to come on here? Come on. U are acting like I’m saying they have to come here every day

There isn’t an excuse why they can’t come on here and talk to us. Maybe it is selfish? I don’t know. Frankly I don’t really care. This is a fan site. We are fans. This isn’t a hard concept to figure out. You are acting like it’s asking them to come here and reveal every secret to us.

“This happened not too long ago”. Yeah it was awhile back, over a year ago & and it’s not what I’m talking about at all.

No one said message boards are massive popular things. This is a fan site. We are fans. 1+1=2.

“There’s not alot of need to drum up excitement…on a ghostbusters message board”. thats not true at all. I didn’t say it would make news or break the internet. I could give u a 100 different things someone from Ghostcorp could say and would stir this board up into a frenzy. :] & drumming up excitement isn’t the only reason. Do it because u care, because u value the fans, because YOU yourself are a fan. Not because you have to, for publicity. But because fans are the lifeblood of this franchise & u want to talk to us. Hear what we have to say, think & feel. Tossing a tidbit about production now & again wouldn’t be a bad thing either.

This would be the easiest bare minimum they can do. The fact that they don’t. Not even to come to say hi, answer basic questions, even when doing the promotion, it’s extremely disappointing.

They don’t answer Q’s on Twitter. Not really. Not like these other examples I gave. Those guys go above & beyond for their fans & I don’t think it’s selfish or unreasonable to ask we get a small % of that.

This is basic stuff. It’s not asking alot. It’s not being unreasonable. It’s not being selfish. @ least I don’t think so.
Last edited by GuyX on March 17th, 2023, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guyx, maybe it's just me, but the LMAO, LOL, emoticons, other abreviations, made this such an high emotional unnecessary condescending response that I stopped reading pretty soon.

You may have a good point, you may have not, but to me it's lost because of the (unintentionally?) disrespectful tone, which might trigger the one your speaking to to lash out as well.

Maybe it's better to post your argument in a more thoughtful way if you want to make your point heard?
deadderek, zeta otaku liked this
I mean... what answers COULD they even give? We're owed nothing right now. The movie could, in theory, be canceled before it's done filming... or after... RIP Batgirl.

No one that's part of the film has ANY obligation or requirement to say anything publicly about the film... until they're told to. Whomever is part of Ghost Corp that does PR won't have any information about a film that's still being made. Now, MAYBE, things will change once a first real trailer drops, but I doubt it. Until Sony says "Go ahead and promote your silly little ghost movie", we won't hear a peep. Ghost Corp and the people working on the film MAY give a damn about the fans, but the Sony heads that give the green light on things simple don't care.
deadderek, groschopf liked this
Alphagaia wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:19 am Guyx, maybe it's just me, but the LMAO, LOL, emoticons, other abreviations, made this such an high emotional unnecessary condescending response that I stopped reading pretty soon.

You may have a good point, you may have not, but to me it's lost because of the (unintentionally?) disrespectful tone, which might trigger the one your speaking to to lash out as well.

Maybe it's better to post your argument in a more thoughtful way if you want to make your point heard?
Ok. Thanks for the feedback. I’ll keep it in mind.

I removed them. Appreciate it
Alphagaia liked this
GuyX wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:04 am
Um. Did u write this? It’s appearing as like u are quoting someone? I’m treating this reply as if u wrote it. If u didn’t, pay no mind.

Lmao Why r u quoting “owed” like I said they owed us anything? I didn’t say that at all. Kind of an odd track to take. It’s an easy and simple thing to do and would go a long way to show that they give a shit.

that 1:1 fan thing is a bunch of baloney. “It makes sense”. Yeah no it doesn’t. It makes sense to talk to fans 1:1 AND as a whole. Doing 1 but excluding the other makes 0 sense.

It is not unfair to expect or ask that someone from Ghostcorp visit and answer some questions. What a ridiculous notion. Do u know what a press junket is? The entire cast goes around talking to press for days on end. Someone from Ghostcorp can’t take the time to come on here? Come on. U are acting like I’m saying they have to come here every day LOL

There isn’t an excuse why they can’t come on here and talk to us. Maybe it is selfish? I don’t know. Frankly I don’t really care. This is a fan site. We are fans. This isn’t a hard concept to figure out. You are acting like it’s asking them to come here and reveal every secret to us.

“This happened not too long ago”. Yeah it was awhile back, over a year ago & and it’s not what I’m talking about at all. :D

No one said message boards are massive popular things. This is a fan site. We are fans. 1+1=2.

“There’s not alot of need to drum up excitement…on a ghostbusters message board”. thats not true at all. I didn’t say it would make news or break the internet. I could give u a 100 different things someone from Ghostcorp could say and would stir this board up into a frenzy. :] & drumming up excitement isn’t the only reason. Do it because u care, because u value the fans, because YOU yourself are a fan. Not because you have to, for publicity. But because fans are the lifeblood of this franchise & u want to talk to us. Hear what we have to say, think & feel. Tossing a tidbit about production now & again wouldn’t be a bad thing either.

This would be the easiest bare minimum they can do. The fact that they don’t. Not even to come to say hi, answer basic questions, even when doing the promotion, it’s extremely disappointing.

They don’t answer Q’s on Twitter. Not really. Not like these other examples I gave. Those guys go above & beyond for their fans & I don’t think it’s selfish or unreasonable to ask we get a small % of that.

This is basic stuff. It’s not asking alot. It’s not being unreasonable. It’s not being selfish. @ least I don’t think so.

You're acting VERY entitled as to what the studio should do.

You didn't say they owe us anything, but that is absolutely the attitude your post is giving. You say "it's an easy and simple thing to do and would go a long way to show that they give a shit." The studio has shown multiple times over the years that they "give a shit" as you say.

I see you also seem to not be able to grasp why Ghost Corps would choose not to interact with people 1:1. There's no tv or film production that's going to hire a full time person just to answer fan questions every day. Call it "baloney" all you want.

You using the language "There isn’t an excuse why they can’t come on here and talk to us." once again comes off as both entitled and rude. There's no "excuse" to be made because they're not under any obligation to do anything they don't want to. Visiting a message board isn't on their plans? Sony's prerogative.

"This would be the easiest bare minimum they can do. The fact that they don’t. Not even to come to say hi, answer basic questions, even when doing the promotion, it’s extremely disappointing." <--- It has not happened before on this board, and likely won't. It may be disappointing to you but it hasn't happened before, no reason to think that will change.

As far as saying " But because fans are the lifeblood of this franchise & u want to talk to us. Hear what we have to say, think & feel. Tossing a tidbit about production now & again wouldn’t be a bad thing either." Sony has absolutely collaborated and listened to fans over the years.

If you have suggestions, feel free to mail Ghost Corps. The address is public. Your complaints come off as very entitled and ill informed.
Alphagaia wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:19 am Guyx, maybe it's just me, but the LMAO, LOL, emoticons, other abreviations, made this such an high emotional unnecessary condescending response that I stopped reading pretty soon.

I was literally about to post this.

I agree with the Sentiment GuyX but chill with the LMAO’s smiling faces. It’s completely condescending. I do think Sony & Ghostcorp should make more of an effort & id love for them to come here when doing promotional interviews.
I’ve never hidden my criticism at Sony & Ghostcorp for how shitty they are at fan engagement & promoting, and shit, I think I might have even suggested that they come here for an AMA way back in the day.

I agree I don’t think think it’s asking too much for someone to come on. GuyX made a good point about the how they go around doing press.

I mean who here wouldn’t love a chance to ask some questions when the movie comes out? Or about Afterlife? Or about the animated stuff being planned? I’m all for this idea.
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
Here ya go folks, message them your absolute slam dunk marketing ideas:

10202 W. WASHINGTON BLVD. CULVER CITY CA 90232
deadderek wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:40 am
GuyX wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:04 am

Lmao Why r u quoting “owed” like I said they owed us anything? I didn’t say that at all. Kind of an odd track to take. It’s an easy and simple thing to do and would go a long way to show that they give a shit.

It is not unfair to expect or ask that someone from Ghostcorp visit and answer some questions. What a ridiculous notion. Do u know what a press junket is? The entire cast goes around talking to press for days on end. Someone from Ghostcorp can’t take the time to come on here? Come on. U are acting like I’m saying they have to come here every day LOL

“This happened not too long ago”. Yeah it was awhile back, over a year ago & and it’s not what I’m talking about at all. :D

You're acting VERY entitled as to what the studio should do.

You didn't say they owe us anything, but that is absolutely the attitude your post is giving. You say "it's an easy and simple thing to do and would go a long way to show that they give a shit." The studio has shown multiple times over the years that they "give a shit" as you say.

I see you also seem to not be able to grasp why Ghost Corps would choose not to interact with people 1:1. There's no tv or film production that's going to hire a full time person just to answer fan questions every day. Call it "baloney" all you want.

You using the language "There isn’t an excuse why they can’t come on here and talk to us." once again comes off as both entitled and rude. There's no "excuse" to be made because they're not under any obligation to do anything they don't want to. Visiting a message board isn't on their plans? Sony's prerogative.

"This would be the easiest bare minimum they can do. The fact that they don’t. Not even to come to say hi, answer basic questions, even when doing the promotion, it’s extremely disappointing." <--- It has not happened before on this board, and likely won't. It may be disappointing to you but it hasn't happened before, no reason to think that will change.

As far as saying " But because fans are the lifeblood of this franchise & u want to talk to us. Hear what we have to say, think & feel. Tossing a tidbit about production now & again wouldn’t be a bad thing either." Sony has absolutely collaborated and listened to fans over the years.

If you have suggestions, feel free to mail Ghost Corps. The address is public. Your complaints come off as very entitled and ill informed.
I’m acting entitled? Because I want them to come here and talk to us? And I don’t think i do come off as ill informed. You are the one ill informed by saying they just did the interaction with Michael when it was over a year ago.

Sony has listened over the years? I’m gonna use “lol” not do condescend but because that’s funny to me. Sony has shown over and over they don’t care. Look at how GB2 was treated on home video for years & when it finally came to do the right thing it wasn’t even Sony, some other company reached out to Paul @ Spook central. Look @ the treatment of the cartoons on home video. How the 2009 video game was treated after the sale of the production company. Double dipping us over & over. Where does the giving a shit come in?

And why r u saying this “everyday” stuff? Did I suggest that they hire someone to answer questions everyday? No. I’m simply saying they come here & answer sum questions & interact. The fact that u r against this is odd. Like u just mentioned I’m not grasping the 1:1 fan thing when it was u not grasping that I wasn’t even suggesting they hire someone. Why did u even say that? No one suggested that. And yes I know they haven’t come here before. That’s the point!

Look, maybe I did come off as entitled. Or that they owed us something. But ur acting like this is some HUGE deal or big ask. It’s simple. They should try to make an effort to come on here every so often. Something like “Hey I’m going to be on GBfans answering questions @ such and such a time”.

That is not hard or a big ask. I find it very odd any fan would basically say “Nah they don’t need to come here”. Very odd. Veeeery odd.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]