Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
Davideverona wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 4:49 am
deadderek wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 4:28 am I feel it's safe to assume Bill is back. Shockingly. I figured the moment we spotted Peck being back, but this is just confirmation for me.
I'm not really shocked.
He praised the last script, the movie and the experience of working with his friends.

My theory: they came up with the Firehouse concept during the Afterlife principal production. They changed that a little bit to make sure that Firehouse will be a logical follow up who'll close the circle on the OGB and clearly pass the torch to the new generation.

They spoke with the OGB about being available for another go round and once they had their approval they started writing.

What I mean? That they knew Bill was on board from the get go.
Don't forget he worked with Gil on City of Ember back in 2008.
Davideverona liked this
WCat2000 wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 3:43 pm Ernie Hudson already said Bill was returning.

That should completely outdo anything that causes speculation. He clearly stated he was. How does it require more confirmation? I get it’s not an official casting but he’s gonna know and I believe him.

Yes, but don't forget that in 1983 everyone on the production team only had the word of Dan Aykroyd that Bill Murray was doing the movie.
It wasn't untill 1030 the first morning of filming did they know he was doing it when he just appeared on set.
There was no confirmation at all. Just the word of a co-star.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
WCat2000 wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 3:43 pm Ernie Hudson already said Bill was returning.

That should completely outdo anything that causes speculation. He clearly stated he was. How does it require more confirmation? I get it’s not an official casting but he’s gonna know and I believe him.
Bill's reputation.
Kingpin liked this
Everybody can relax, I found the actor

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsjysxktID1 ... I4NDBkZg==

Needs some hair dye and make up. Padding, lighter proton pack, being free of improvise, stunt double, a golf course, no vegan cheese.

EDIT

Another Bill sighting

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsjPFqsI4vO ... I4NDBkZg==
mrmichaelt, ghoulishfright, deadderek and 4 others liked this
Davideverona wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 11:41 pm Everybody can relax, I found the actor

Needs some hair dye and make up. Padding, lighter proton pack, being free of improvise, stunt double, a golf course, no vegan cheese.

EDIT

Another Bill sighting

Wynona Ryder was seen on set in Lydia gear filming the new Beetlejuice movie in London, too!

Davideverona, Kingpin liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 10:12 am
Davideverona wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 11:41 pm Everybody can relax, I found the actor

EDIT

Another Bill sighting

Wynona Ryder was seen on set in Lydia gear filming the new Beetlejuice movie in London, too!

Also, a new Indiana Jones movie coming out and Micheal Keaton back as Batman, although I'm slightly more excited to see him back as the Ghost With the Most.
SpaceBallz liked this
Davideverona wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 12:19 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 10:12 am

Also, a new Indiana Jones movie coming out and Micheal Keaton back as Batman, although I'm slightly more excited to see him back as the Ghost With the Most.
My team and I saw The Flash yesterday, and lemme tell ya: it's every bit as good as the hype makes it out to be.
SpaceBallz liked this
deadderek wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 3:50 pm
Davideverona wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 12:19 pm

My team and I saw The Flash yesterday, and lemme tell ya: it's every bit as good as the hype makes it out to be.
DId you actually see it or is this a sarcastic joke that went over my head?
jonogunn wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 4:25 pm DId you actually see it or is this a sarcastic joke that went over my head?
There are special screenings for The Flash going on ahead of the general theatrical date.

jonogunn wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 3:22 pm How come this thread isn’t popping up in the new posts section at the bottom of the forum anymore?
AJ might have changed some settings so it doesn't show up in order to prevent spoilers from being seen by people who avoid this thread.
mrmichaelt wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 4:51 pm
jonogunn wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 4:25 pm DId you actually see it or is this a sarcastic joke that went over my head?
There are special screenings for The Flash going on ahead of the general theatrical date.

jonogunn wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 3:22 pm How come this thread isn’t popping up in the new posts section at the bottom of the forum anymore?
AJ might have changed some settings so it doesn't show up in order to prevent spoilers from being seen by people who avoid this thread.
Anyway around that setting? I rely on that section for post updates
jonogunn wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 4:25 pm
deadderek wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 3:50 pm

Not at all. We saw a local press screening.
jonogunn liked this
deadderek wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 4:56 pm
jonogunn wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 4:25 pm

[removed by moderator]

We live in such a strange time. We are on our 5th Ghostbusters movie. An animated one in development. An entire Star Wars Trilogy with the original actors had come & gone. Marvel is king of the franchises & nostalgia is a huge buzz word. They can de age actors. The new Indiana Jones movie coming out is getting criticized for de aging Harrison Ford. It looks good in the trailers but apparently in the movie it enters the uncanny valley.

Makes me wonder. Why is Nostalgia so looked down on? In reviews if a movie is nostalgic it seems to be a point of weakness or criticism. But I don’t get why. It’s a valid emotion. Is it because it’s such an easy thing to tap into?
RichardLess wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 6:31 pm

I’m interested to see how different it is from the script I read years ago. [removed by moderator]
[removed by moderator] More than happy to answer questions, but hit my inbox so we don't clog up the thread.
SpaceBallz liked this
RichardLess wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 6:31 pm

[removed by moderator]

We live in such a strange time. We are on our 5th Ghostbusters movie. An animated one in development. An entire Star Wars Trilogy with the original actors had come & gone. Marvel is king of the franchises & nostalgia is a huge buzz word. They can de age actors. The new Indiana Jones movie coming out is getting criticized for de aging Harrison Ford. It looks good in the trailers but apparently in the movie it enters the uncanny valley.

Makes me wonder. Why is Nostalgia so looked down on? In reviews if a movie is nostalgic it seems to be a point of weakness or criticism. But I don’t get why. It’s a valid emotion. Is it because it’s such an easy thing to tap into?
Maybe because it's creatively stagnant and regressive.In each decade from the 20s up to say the 90s there was recognizable icons specific to that decade. In the last 20 years that has shrunken as we take on the past and make no room for the future.In some ways it's fairly tragic that people look forward to and 80 year old actor playing Indy.I mean put it this way no one would have been excited watching JW knocking out a remake of Stagecoach or doing a sequel in the late 70s.Or a 80 year old Jimmy Cagney doing a gangster film, and why? Because back then, 40 years back we had interesting new films and actors etc.We weren't trying to preserve the past until it completely slipped away
Davideverona wrote: May 24th, 2023, 9:31 am Emily Lind is doing a live chat right now on her Instagram page. She's surrounded by trailers so I assume she's on the Ghostbusters set.
I'm not seeing it. I just saw this instagram story photo she posted. 2 interesting things: the edited out clothing in the b.g. (a flight suit? removed for spoilers) and she's wearing a crew hat for FIREHOUSE.

EDIT: "She said on Instagram live today she wasn’t in wardrobe as that would have gotten her in trouble with Sony. Just what she was wearing around her trailer."

https://www.instagram.com/stories/emily ... 702763323/
See original image:
This Post Contains Spoilers
deadderek liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: May 24th, 2023, 4:48 pm2 interesting things: the edited out clothing in the b.g. (a flight suit? removed for spoilers) and she's wearing a crew hat for FIREHOUSE.
I think it may be a dress on the hanger, rather than a flightsuit.

However, I really do want one of those crew baseball caps! Loving the integration of the London Underground logo into it. :)
deadderek, mrmichaelt, groschopf and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: May 24th, 2023, 5:27 pm
mrmichaelt wrote: May 24th, 2023, 4:48 pm2 interesting things: the edited out clothing in the b.g. (a flight suit? removed for spoilers) and she's wearing a crew hat for FIREHOUSE.
I think it may be a dress on the hanger, rather than a flightsuit.

However, I really do want one of those crew baseball caps! Loving the integration of the London Underground logo into it. :)
Replicas will be coming:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Kingpin on May 25th, 2023, 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added spoiler tags
timeware wrote: May 24th, 2023, 11:35 pm Did they de-age Wynona Ryder, or did she age that well? I think the only franchise that's missing this summer is freaking Knightrider. But yeah, I want the film crew hat, or at least the pin to put on my uniform.
If you're talking about the 2 pics all over they're blurry and she's behind a car window. Let's wait until we get a proper look at her.
timeware liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]