its harder to look down at "scalping" crowd funded projects. There was no finite supply so it's not like we took it away from anyway to buy it at fair value.

It is now a rare collector's item. Never to be made again (as far as we know). That alone makes the real value of the pack much higher.
Alphagaia, trekgod3, metroplex and 1 others liked this
jonogunn wrote: October 31st, 2022, 12:24 am its harder to look down at "scalping" crowd funded projects. There was no finite supply so it's not like we took it away from anyway to buy it at fair value.

It is now a rare collector's item. Never to be made again (as far as we know). That alone makes the real value of the pack much higher.
It may be harder to feel that way, but it's still scalping. Unless people are willing to sell at cost or just right above it.
It's free market capitalism. Let the market dictate the price. People can charge whatever they want for an item they own. That doesn't mean someone will pay it. You can't force someone to sell their own property at a price you think is "fair". Screw fairness. If someone missed the backing period, that's not our problem
SP Productions, metroplex, kahuna900 and 1 others liked this
1. Anyone hazard a guess how easy it would be to remove the oversized yellow mesh hose cover off the wire without cutting it off and replace with an accurate narrower neon yellow one like in GBA?

I think in terms of the whole pack that detail is really the most obvious inaccuracy. I can’t spot another thing I’d change (but I am far from an expert).

2. The finish on the pack looks amazing for something that apparently isn’t painted with a base coat of paint.

It has that perfect gritty matte finish we see in the movie and on that screen used Spengler pack that was auctioned off a decade ago.

I was looking at side by side videos on that old actual Spengler pack and the Afterlife screen used. The company that weathered the Afterlife pack (ISS according to Ben Eadie?) really did a great job in trying to recreate the (actual, 30 year) weathering on the screen used Spengler pack.

The weathering on the Spengler pack looks more detailed, like almost higher resolution than the Afterlife pack (not surprising since it’s actual wear and tear as opposed to recreated) but the Hasbro and screen used Afterlife pack look near identical in terms of finish. To me anyway and as I said I’m nowhere near at the level of knowledge as the prop builders on here.
I'm really happy with how they integrated the hose into the wand. Being able to turn on your pack while you're wearing it is a very big + in my book. Is it lore-accurate? No. Is it way more convenient for just about every way you're going to use it? Yup!
deadderek liked this
Macktacular wrote: November 1st, 2022, 9:04 pm I'm really happy with how they integrated the hose into the wand. Being able to turn on your pack while you're wearing it is a very big + in my book. Is it lore-accurate? No. Is it way more convenient for just about every way you're going to use it? Yup!
Doesn’t Egon turn the pack on with the wand in GB1 when they exit the elevator? Also I believe they all turn their packs on with the wand in the GB2 courtroom scene.
One time wrote:Doesn’t Egon turn the pack on with the wand in GB1 when they exit the elevator? Also I believe they all turn their packs on with the wand in the GB2 courtroom scene.
Maybe. But one could speculate they cut out the scenes of everyone's pack switch being turned on for pacing.
Kingpin liked this
One time wrote: November 1st, 2022, 10:01 pm Doesn’t Egon turn the pack on with the wand in GB1 when they exit the elevator? Also I believe they all turn their packs on with the wand in the GB2 courtroom scene.
Interpretations will vary, but I read that moment as Egon only activating/charging up the thrower, with the Pack itself having already been turned on in the moment we don't see on-screen.
I just got an email saying:
Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Proton Pack Backers!

The time is ALMOST here!! Our teams are prepping to start shipping the Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Proton Pack to all of you. Before we do that, we want to make sure we have the correct shipping address listed on your order and give you a chance to make any necessary changes before it heads your way.

You have until the end of the day on Sunday, January 1, 2023 to update your shipping address through Hasbro Pulse. Incorrect shipping information could impact the receipt of your item. Don't let it happen to you!
Might be that the Pack will ship earlier than expected? if its April as we thought ... its 4 months from January 1rst... sounds like too much.. Might be that we get it during February/March?
zeta otaku, gamera1968, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
Hopefully they will ship out starting in February or March in time for MegaCon Orlando. Image
Coover5 wrote: December 12th, 2022, 5:18 pm Always keeping an eye out for new prop replicas and saw Factory Entertainment has their Neuralzyer replicas listed for $599.99. Makes me really appreciate the price of Hasbro's proton pack replica.
That's highway robbery for a Neuralyzer.
Coover5 liked this
The last Haslab (Victory Saber) started shipping 7 days after the deadline to update addresses.

The deadline for updating your address on Galactus was September 30. I was one of the last people I know to receive mine on November 1.

We should pretty much all have them by February 1st. Maybe a few stragglers who will get them a week or so later.
deadderek liked this
jonogunn wrote: December 12th, 2022, 10:13 pm I wonder where it ships from exactly. I assume americas will get theirs first. I’m in the pacific end of Canada so i I’m guessing we wouldn’t get it as fast
They generally ship Haslabs from Chino, California near LA. Sometimes shipments also come from Elmwood, Illinois but it's only a portion of the shipments and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the final destination.

Since I imagine there are first time Haslab backers here, I'll offer up the following.

It will almost certainly come FedEx. Hasbro hasn't used anything else to the best of my knowledge since Hasbro Toy Shop was replaced with Hasbro Pulse several years back. It especially makes sense on a large package like this. It will likely be close to a 3 foot cube. It will likely weigh over 30 pounds. The Postal Service would charge an arm and a leg for something like this, even a big client like Hasbro.

If you intend to resell or gift this, budget $150 for shipping.

When this arrives, there will be a signature required to deliver the package. Standard policy on all Haslabs.

It may be smart to test it out. Sometimes there are defects on these things. The Haslab Sentinel had weak knees. Hasbro didn't offer any support to people who complained. It was a fixable issue by prying open a panel and using a screwdriver to tighten screws that secured knee joints. Not everyone was comfortable doing that. If there's something actually missing, they may have a limited stock of extras for a replacement. Out of 30,000 Galactuses, there were some QC issues. The most common was that joints on the extra included figures and one of their bases were too tight. Heat will fix that temporarily. Some people broke theirs when posing the figures. I am not aware of anyone who successfully got a replacement. The main Galactus figure was quite good. I have only heard of one QC issue. One person got one where the electronics in the head did not function. Hasbro sent him a replacement head.

These packages come double boxed. I have seen a couple with minor imperfections/dents to the inner box, even so. The contents are always quite secure.

Essentially, if there is something easily fixed, it's on you to fix it. If there is something easily broken, you take the risk of breaking it; there's no sin in watching somebody else's YouTube review to watch out for problem areas. If there is a missing piece or mechanical/electronic defect, Hasbro should take care of you.

There will be no second run.

Recently, a shipment of Haslab Transformers headed to Taiwan were damaged beyond salvage in a storm. Hasbro fully refunded everyone in all of Taiwan who backed that campaign, cancelled their orders, and sent them all a $60 Pulse Exclusive Transformers set as a consolation.

This is truly a special, rare piece.

If any of what I just said makes you uncomfortable, I'd highly, highly recommend keeping it in the box and selling it.

There is no guide to when or if you'll turn a profit selling this. Unicron and the Star Wars Sail Barge now sell for enough to make a $1000 profit on eBay. People selling Galactus are taking a $50 loss over what they paid, when you factor in fees and shipping. People selling Transformers Victory Saber are making around a $90 profit. On a large item, you'll almost always be better off selling locally or selling the smaller items piecemeal like the Minipufts and Egon's Journal. Don't be shocked if you barely break even or lose money. In general, crowdfunding resales are moving that direction. Be gracious if you end up making a thousand dollars per pack and don't brag too much about it. Not only will some people get nasty but more importantly you may give people the wrong impression that reselling crowdfunded items is easy money and those people may go out and spend money they don't have and lose money.

30 years from now, maybe all of this stuff will be priceless. For right now, the general trajectory of crowdfunding projects is that they sell for a modest profit or a modest loss. There were too many of us backing too many of these things, in general. And buyers are currently tight with money. That might all change when tax refunds come in and the new year's inflation adjusted Social Security payments start. Eventually, people will be looser with money. But right now probably isn't the best time to sell.

But if you regret buying it or are scared of breaking it, stick it in storage somewhere. Don't open it. And even then maybe watch a review first because there are hard limits on anybody's ability to replace this.

Just a bunch of holiday advice to anybody new to Haslabs.
One time wrote: December 12th, 2022, 6:15 pm GB News confirms it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju4SVRAktts

“Early next year”…soo the original estimated date?

Thanks for sharing that video.

So we all get an email from Haslab saying the time is almost here and packs are almost ready to ship. Buddy who made that video “reached out” and told us…the time is almost here and the packs are almost ready to ship lol

Man. I can’t wait. My whole life I’ve wanted a proton pack and in a few short months it’s finally going to become a reality. Of course this couldn’t have happened when I was 12 years old. No. It’s gotta happen when I’m in my 30s and dressing up in a GB uniform is a once a year at Halloween thing.

It’ll be interesting to see how much these things start going for on eBay. By this time next year, what do y’all think?
600? 800? More? Less?
deadderek liked this
RichardLess wrote: December 13th, 2022, 3:04 am
One time wrote: December 12th, 2022, 6:15 pm GB News confirms it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju4SVRAktts

“Early next year”…soo the original estimated date?

Thanks for sharing that video.

So we all get an email from Haslab saying the time is almost here and packs are almost ready to ship. Buddy who made that video “reached out” and told us…the time is almost here and the packs are almost ready to ship lol

Man. I can’t wait. My whole life I’ve wanted a proton pack and in a few short months it’s finally going to become a reality. Of course this couldn’t have happened when I was 12 years old. No. It’s gotta happen when I’m in my 30s and dressing up in a GB uniform is a once a year at Halloween thing.

It’ll be interesting to see how much these things start going for on eBay. By this time next year, what do y’all think?
600? 800? More? Less?
Same here. Whats awesome about it is that it is whatever you want it to be. Keep these as they are or just dismantle it and use the shell as a normal fiberglass shell you'd buy if you were making your own. Gut the insides and install anything you want. The fact that they have removeable cyclotrons are what sets these apart from every other prop built version out there.

I'll be waiting for metal cyclotron innards on Etsy (or here) that will be plug and play.
55_Central_Park_West wrote: December 13th, 2022, 1:25 pm I'm a backer in the UK. I have not received the email...
Same. I think no one at Zavvi has received emails. When I emailed Zavvi a few weeks ago (out of the blue) on the status of my orders I got this email:

We're contacting you to update you on your order.

We've learned that the estimated release date for Hasbro Haslab Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler's Proton Pack has been changed to January 2023. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please note that release dates are subject to change, but once we receive stock, we will ship your order to you as soon as possible. Once submitted, you should receive an email letting you know.

In the meantime, you can check the status of your order by logging into your account and following the prompts. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Zavvi international
I don’t think the UK is serviced by Zavvi, I think it’s direct with Hasbro. I still haven’t received an email about shipping for either the pack or the latest wands (I bought 2 of each). Payment has been taken for the packs, but not the wands… I think I get charged once the order is being fulfilled, however I was hoping for some kind of update.

On my Hasbro Pulse account, it’s saying the wands are due to me shipped 18th Jan and the packs in Spring 2023.
trekgod3 wrote: October 31st, 2022, 3:58 am It's free market capitalism. Let the market dictate the price. People can charge whatever they want for an item they own. That doesn't mean someone will pay it. You can't force someone to sell their own property at a price you think is "fair". Screw fairness. If someone missed the backing period, that's not our problem

Agreed! I purchased three packs with the sole intention of selling one at a profit to help offset the price of the two I want to keep. I did the same for the wands and will be selling a new, sealed in the box first gen wand and new pack together to someone who wouldn't have been able to get one due to missing the backing date.

What is wrong with getting these to people that otherwise wouldn't have been able to get one at a price they are willing to pay?
Last edited by kahuna900 on December 13th, 2022, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trekgod3 liked this
And the thing to keep in mind with this is, a profit isn't guaranteed. I think there's a good chance with this one but nobody who bought five knew they could get their money back.

This isn't like scalping at Walmart where you have a receipt and can take it back.
Honestly? It kinda was obvious with the fact that Hasbro had NO updates whatsoever with the spengler proton pack that they must have been going full steam ahead with the production. I'm actually hoping that IF they ship the proton pack, they'll be able to ship the Neutrino Wand earlier too like a bundle for those who did pre-order the neutrino wand and back the proton pack (myself being one)

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]