Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By RichardLess
deadderek wrote: October 17th, 2022, 7:36 pm
RichardLess wrote:But again, if it is what I think it is, you should be fine.
So what's that?
I don’t know what specifically the scene is but I have a theory of it’s source.

I don’t think it’s actually footage. Maybe a description and maybe a picture. From a book. A book not yet released.
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
By mrmichaelt
RichardLess wrote: October 18th, 2022, 8:13 am I don’t think it’s actually footage. Maybe a description and maybe a picture. From a book. A book not yet released.
Yes, there is an upcoming book that releases very soon that contains stills of deleted material that I saw in an early proof, but have not verified if they're still in the final version. (No, I don't know if derek is alluding to that book specifically)
deadderek liked this
By deadderek
I have not received an advance copy of the Parallel Dimension book. I've had that puppy pre-ordered a looooooooooong time ago. I will say Richardless that is an excellent theory though.
By deadderek
On a related note I DID reach out to the author and talk to him. There's no conflicts, he doesn't cover it at all.
By mrmichaelt
In Ghostbusters: The Official Cookbook, there are stills from deleted and alternate scenes. I'm going to list them by movie chronology:

Chapter 3

*There is an alternate scene of Podcast and Phoebe shaking hands. It's an alternate shot because Podcast is wearing his headphones as he shakes her hand and you'll notice Phoebe has a Doritos in her hair (after the kid pops the bag on her in one of the trailers). It is seen on page 13.

Chapter 5

*There is a deleted shot of Phoebe walking down the stairs with the P.K.E. Meter. It is seen on page 97.
*There is a deleted shot/alternate angle of Phoebe taking the Trap out of the floor. It is seen on page 151.

Chapter 6

*There is a deleted shot/alternate shot of Podcast and Phoebe seated at Gary's laptop seen on page 17.

Chapter 7

*There is a deleted shot/alternate angle of Phoebe seated at the Proton Pack seen on page 35.
*There is a shot of from the deleted scene Phoebe walking through the barley field after she fixes the Proton Pack seen on page 5. I think we've seen this before.

Chapter 8

*There is a deleted shot of Podcast shouting triumphantly after Muncher leaves the foundry seen on page 119. We've seen this on the epk but this is a better close up.

Chapter 9

*There is an alternate scene of Gary and Callie's date where they are sitting at a different table in Enjoy Garden. The still is on page 44.

Chapter 12

*There is an alternate scene of the meeting at Spinners. Lucky sits somewhere else or the napkin dispenser is in an alternate spot. Seen on page 65.

Chapter 14

*There is a deleted shot of Callie walking to the shed with the P.K.E. Meter that was on page 53 in the proof draft of Ghostbusters: The Official Cookbook but is not in the final version of the book.

Chapter 16

*There are deleted shots of Winston in his office on page 11 and 118 .
*There is a deleted shot of Podcast covered in marshmallow residue in Ecto-1 on page 18.
*There is a deleted close up shot of Janine visiting Peter and Dana on page 59 in the proof draft of Ghostbusters: The Official Cookbook but is not in the final version of the book.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
By deadderek
Hopefully they get uploaded eventually. I just...don't need a cookbook.

On the plus side "whew" from me knowing I've got something that still isn't out there yet.
By deadderek
Alphagaia wrote: October 26th, 2022, 2:55 am
mrmichaelt wrote: October 26th, 2022, 2:37 am You can count on them showing up at the GB Wiki eventually.
Someone probably gonna sit on them and let us know they will post them in 2 weeks for maximum hype.
Yeah that's be so unbearable. A whole 2 weeks. Know what would be worst?

Imagine a movie you've been waiting almost 30 years for that finally happens and then a worldwide event mucks up things and you have to wait as it gets pushed multiple times. That'd be even worse. :P

Hey there's 5 days until Halloween. Be patient. Not like there's a flood of new Afterlife stuff to look at...unless you have the cookbook I spose.

Also I haven't been hyping it up. Nowhere on social media. Because it's gonna be a nice little Halloween treat when we drop it. :)
By mrmichaelt
Alphagaia wrote: October 26th, 2022, 2:55 am Someone probably gonna sit on them and let us know they will post them in 2 weeks for maximum hype.
Worst case scenario is those 2 stills not in the final version of the book might get a take down notice from Ghost Corps as it is kind of treading a gray area in terms of legalities. But overall, not even considering those 2 stills, it is a head scratcher as to why Ghost Corps signed off on the deleted and alternate scene stills used in the final version of the book when for instance the Blu-ray release had 1 deleted scene only. So on one I hand I'm thinking fair game and not our fault those 2 stills were there in proof version sent to reviewers and it's similar to all those trailers and teasers that used deleted content. On the other hand, ugh, do I wanna risk a take down notice? But those 2 stills are so benign in terms of content. I would get it if it were a still from entirely wholly new scene we knew nothing about but it's just a close up of Janine and shot of Callie set between when she finds the P.K.E. Meter in Phoebe's room and Callie at the entrance to the shed. From everything we've seen before, it's not a shocker those moments seen in those 2 stills happened but now we know they were filmed. Maybe I'm overthinking this. :sigh:
By deadderek
I doubt they'd get mad. Alternate angle of something we've seen before. I think you're overthinking it.
mrmichaelt liked this
By deadderek
mrmichaelt wrote: October 29th, 2022, 7:49 am "Eventually" has come. They're all up on the GB Wiki's Afterlife Deleted Scenes page for now.
0n behalf of those of us who didn't need a cookbook, thank you.

On another note, messaged ya back.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Oh, very cool. So there was at least 1 scene filmed that takes place between Walmart and the Proton Cannons being sabotaged. I suppose they cut this one for time and pacing.

EDIT: I get it would have been fanservice, but it would have been hilarious if this property was the Roller Granny's and it ends on a similar note as the coach driver with granny remarking "What an asshole." :D

EDIT2: Oh, and perhaps this property he's on is where he gets (steals) the pipe wrench he uses to disable to Proton Cannons.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By mrmichaelt
deadderek wrote: October 29th, 2022, 8:08 am 0n behalf of those of us who didn't need a cookbook, thank you.
The one still that has me the most curious is one of Winston in his office. You'll see there's a box next to him in the style of the old riveted military boxes like that Hasbro used for the design of the Spengler Neutrona Wand and the Haslab Proton Pack. I'm curious if that is the box containing Egon’s ashes (that was seen in the 1 deleted scene on the Blu-ray). Perhaps originally Janine ended up taking Egon with her after that scene and upon returning to New York, went to visit Winston. And what was that part of the end tag took place early to mid-movie originally. Unless that's an old piece of tech Janine found that had some sentimentality with Winston she thought he would like such as the KUD Meter from GB2. Sorta like the implication that Janine found and brought the electric shock machine to Dana and Peter's upstate home then Dana proceeds to test it out on Peter.
By RichardLess
Alphagaia wrote: October 31st, 2022, 9:55 pm If you want the pictures on the best resolution and without any watermarks, you can find them here:

https://www.karenbartek.com/movies

and

She was one of the hairstylists for GB: Afterlife.
Wait. So someone came across those pics, pics they have no claim or ownership of…and put a watermark on it?

Lol. Why? Why would they do that? That’s so odd.
By Alphagaia
At the risk of sounding ungrateful, because I love me some fresh new pics, but maybe they had to figure out how to put watermarks in it and that's why it took two weeks to post.

/S

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]