For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By GhostbustersZorge
The new AR game is online in the Play and Apple stores.
I can't get it to work on my S21+ (brand new phone can't believe the game doesn't work).

Has anyone played it yet?
By LouisZeddemore
I can't install it on my Google Phone 5 as well. Gave it at least 20 tries throughout the past weeks and noticed some users tweeting the developers, but looks like they don't care at all.
By ImprezarioEnt
GhostbustersZorge wrote: December 11th, 2021, 12:24 am The new AR game is online in the Play and Apple stores.
I can't get it to work on my S21+ (brand new phone can't believe the game doesn't work).

Has anyone played it yet?
Hi - I'm writing from Imprezario, makers of "Ghostbusters: Afterlife scARe." We're sorry for the trouble.

We'd welcome more information about what you're seeing. Easiest to share that via:

https://imprezarioentertainment.com/contact-us/

We've investigated reports of Android compatibility issues. These largely affect pre-2019 devices and a known issue with ARCore software, which we flagged with the Play Store. A bit more context on that is available here:

https://github.com/google-ar/arcore-and ... ssues/1317

That said, we certainly welcome more information about your S21, e.g. error messages, blank screen. We'd love to get you up and running on "scARe".

Thanks for your input and patience-
Heath
deadderek liked this
By GhostbustersZorge

This is what I get, translation:

GBA: Scare can not be installed. Please try again. If the problem persists, here are some common possible solutions to try.

And believe me, I have tried them, most of them weren't useful anyway and none solved the problem.

Like I said, brand new S21+ with the latest firmware.
By GhostbustersZorge
I don't think so, there is a german review in the review section and he absolutely praises the game. The game also runs well on my wifes phone (iPhone 13 pro) so I guess it has do to with my phone.
By LouisZeddemore
GhostbustersZorge wrote: December 12th, 2021, 4:28 amImage

This is what I get, translation:

GBA: Scare can not be installed. Please try again. If the problem persists, here are some common possible solutions to try.

And believe me, I have tried them, most of them weren't useful anyway and none solved the problem.

Like I said, brand new S21+ with the latest firmware.
That's exactly the same message I get. Bummer.
By ImprezarioEnt
Thanks for the follow up.

Key: make sure you have installed and updated Google Play Services for AR from the Google Play Store. More information on that is available here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_NZ&gl=US

I can confirm that we're able to run Ghostbusters: Afterlife ScARe perfectly on an S21.

Please let us know if you have any other input after confirming this on your device.
By below_radar_00
I have a Pixel 4XL running the latest version of Android 12 and I've been trying to install the app since day one with no luck. I get the same message that was pictured above (except in english since I'm in the US). I double checked Google Play Services for AR and it's installed and up to date.
By GhostbustersZorge
ImprezarioEnt wrote:Thanks for the follow up.

Key: make sure you have installed and updated Google Play Services for AR from the Google Play Store. More information on that is available here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_NZ&gl=US

I can confirm that we're able to run Ghostbusters: Afterlife ScARe perfectly on an S21.

Please let us know if you have any other input after confirming this on your device.
My Google Play Services for AR has the latest update.
I still get the same error message.
By doney84
I'm also getting the same error message on my Pixel 4a 5g which is running Android 12. I have checked the Google play services AR app and it's up to date.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]