This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By DJ Chewie
I just got the box! I’m gonna do the same as you. But I’m gonna put vibration motors onto the pads and make it an interactive prop. The goal is to gut the 70 year old electronics and re wire the switches to activate motors. It will give you a buzz but no actual pain.
prodestrian liked this
By prodestrian
DJ Chewie wrote: October 7th, 2022, 8:06 am I just got the box! I’m gonna do the same as you. But I’m gonna put vibration motors onto the pads and make it an interactive prop. The goal is to gut the 70 year old electronics and re wire the switches to activate motors. It will give you a buzz but no actual pain.
Funny you should post this, I'm about to start working on the exact same thing! Except I don't have a genuine PH Meter, they're nearly impossible to get for a reasonable price here in Australia (the shipping alone is painful). So I found a vintage ~1960s Japanese wattmeter in a nice wooden box. This would be for the South Australian Ghostbusters, so I need to gut the electronics to keep it lightweight for events (it's about 6kg/13lbs).
I spent several weeks researching whether it would be possible to actually shock participants in a safe way. The German Ghostbusters use a TENS Machine, I also looked at repurposing a prank electric shock pen or one of those shocking board games. The TENS Machine isn't cheap, and those shock toys could still cause someone injury (heart attack or nerve damage), I read a lot of horror stories in the news. Plus with everyone using hand sanitizer, creating a spark isn't a good idea. Finally, you have to keep buying replacement disposable pads.
So I'm planning to do the vibration motors too, I think the anticipation of getting shocked is probably scarier than actually getting shocked. Also more fun for the people watching. I'm on a deadline (mid-November) but I'm still hoping to get a nice loud sparking sound to play when the button is pressed.

I might create a build thread here somewhere so I can share what I do, including the electronics and the playing card artwork, how I'm marking the cards, and there may be some 3D printing involved too.
tobycj liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]