Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
I have come up with the idea for starting a GBProps store. I just started thinking about this here while issues at Proptopia were starting to look bleak. I was thinking about scouring my resources and surplus stores around here to provide found items (only!).

I'm thinking about trying to find the following:

Dale Resistors (long, round and gold trap one). I feel like if I work hard enough I can find a few dozen of each, and perhaps offer them individually for a few dollars or in a resistor set.

Pacific resistors (the short one).. most likely same as above.

Correct Ribbon Cable. I used to have a 50' roll of spectra strip, so I can probably source some out here or order a new 100' roll if I can find it. Most likely $5 for a pack amount.

Clippard parts.. I figure I can order the hose barbs and the brass elbows in a large quanitity. That way... no one has to hassle with the $10 handleing fees and the expensive shipping. Most likely $10-15 for a kit.

Legris connectors. I can and have been sourcing the brass fittings from a distributor.. no word on price. But these would be the real ones.

Alkon banjos (or possibly legris banjos) - I have to find a distributor..

Project boxes - for a trap pedal. If anyone needs them? About $20 for both of them.

Vector plates - looking for a distributor.. we used to ahve a company around here with them!

What do you guys think? Do you think selling parts via a GBProps store would be a good idea? Would you purchase from it? I would limit it to quantities in stock.. (you can't buy it unless I have it), and it would be all real parts.

I figure it would be a good way to fund the site.. maybe give away supporting memberships with a big enough purchase? I figure I could fund part of the endevour with the supporting membership funds as I've received enough money for most of the year, and have already paid off 3 months worth.

Please let me know.

Ofcourse selling from other users will be permitted! I just want to know if you'd use such a service.. or if I would be wasting time / money.
nikoschroeder wrote: June 6th, 2022, 9:27 pm I just want to know if you'd use such a service.. or if I would be wasting time / money.
As AJ operates a store through this forum that offers parts (LINK), it's certainly a viable setup, if you can source the parts.

That being said, I'm not certain if you've sat down and thought the whole things out from end-to-end. Something like what you're proposing is a big commitment and not something to be entered into unless you're fully dedicated to the idea. You'll be spending time as well as money sourcing the stock of GB prop parts you're wanting to sell, and some items are just so rare these days that AJ's had to look into getting things custom fabricated.

I don't wish to come off as discouraging, I just want to make sure that a supply store isn't a small venture.
Wedgeismyhero liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]