Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Isn't this the one where he has Walter Peck as the mayor and he got everyone cheering at the end when all the different franchises showed up? (I can't watch the video at work)
I watched the whole thing. I honestly think it’s way too complex. All the conflict and ups and downs sounds very off putting. If you know me (and people on other message boards can tell you) I’m open to a lot of ideas. I’m not cynical about movies at all but this sounded bad to me.

He mentions that too many movies just redo the same things in a different way because people will like it. It’s a criticism that’s brought up a lot. I get what people are saying but I honestly do not think it’s a problem. I haven’t seen the Star Wars movies (ya it’s weird, haha, I’m not opposed to them or anything) but I think it works for the most part. As long as it’s different enough and fits the storyline.

I recently rewatched the first Jurassic World and when the kids restart the old Jeep I immediately thought of the Ecto-1. It made me laugh. Not because I find it dumb, I don’t, but I find it funny because so many people complain about stuff like that.

Don’t know what to say about Afterlife taking his ideas. The daughter similarity is hard to overlook but I think the spirit of Egon having some interaction was probably bound to happen whoever wrote it. Winston taking over the business is easy to come up with too.

He’s obviously proud of it and I know it would have been edited but I don’t like the direction of it.
mrmichaelt liked this
RichardLess wrote: June 14th, 2022, 1:59 am Ha. This is too funny. I lost my job today, and Michael De Luca is kindaish the reason why.

Anyways, as an unemployed man I just wanna say…F**k Max Landis. I’m glad he’s not associated with this franchise,
That’s a like for the Max Landis sentiment, not for your job loss of course!
mrmichaelt liked this
RichardLess wrote: June 14th, 2022, 1:59 am Ha. This is too funny. I lost my job today, and Michael De Luca is kindaish the reason why.

Anyways, as an unemployed man I just wanna say…F**k Max Landis. I’m glad he’s not associated with this franchise,
How the man who wrote Nightmare on Elm Street 6 got to where he is baffles me.
Dr.D wrote: June 14th, 2022, 7:40 am How the man who wrote Nightmare on Elm Street 6 got to where he is baffles me.
I have a soft spot for Freddy's Dead :-?

I couldn't finish watching the pitch. I'd never make it as a Hollywood exec, I'd bust out laughing every time someone would pitch a movie that way.
Kingpin wrote: June 14th, 2022, 3:13 pm
Sorry to read that, RL. Do you replacement gig lined up yet?
Thanks. No not yet. I thought it was going to happen months ago after my health issue but it never did. I briefly looked into other opportunities but was foolishly lulled into a sense of security when I was still employed after a series of layoffs. Then last week my boss peaced out for greener pastures down south(which is where Michael De Luca comes into it) & they got rid of everyone that was close/loyal to him. It unfortunate because I really loved my job & I realize how rare that is.

Ah well. Take the bitter with the better. I’m still alive & kicking & after what happened last year? Every day is a gift. Life will continue to throw challenges at us but I still get to feel a summer breeze on my face, enjoy a Tim Hortons French vanilla…and watch Ghostbusters! Life is good.
Kingpin, Sav C, robbritton and 3 others liked this
Dr.D wrote: June 14th, 2022, 6:57 am Max Landis is an untalented, loudmouth narcissist who's little cult of personality finally collapsed when he was outed for being the creep he was.
Plus, how gross it is that he pitched this in the same year that Harold Ramis passed away. I guess... I can't believe I'm thinking this but good thing Amy Pascal schemed behind Ivan Reitman's back and got Answer The Call made instead which made sure this pitch only lived for 2 weeks.
I had no idea about his personal behavior and people not liking him. I just looked it up.

I’m usually late to stuff like this because I don’t keep up with Hollywood news beyond tv/movies. Of course I know who’s who and I try to stay up to date with some of my favorite celebrities. I just don’t follow “celebrity news” other than what I see in passing. I did not know about Will Smith’s marriage until the Oscars and everyone brought it up.

I do know about John Landis and the Twilight Zone.
Sorry to hear about your job Richardless.

After this guy started pitching the Free spirits stuff I was ready to click off the video. This was an idea used in one of Braxton Films' fan films. Is Max associated with them in any way?

I can't remember which Ghostbusters fan film they used it in? Yeah, if this guy is letting loose language like that during a pitch no wonder it got shit canned.

I'm no saint when it comes to using language but sheesh. Show some decorum.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 14th, 2022, 5:31 pm
Dr.D wrote: June 14th, 2022, 6:57 am Max Landis is an untalented, loudmouth narcissist who's little cult of personality finally collapsed when he was outed for being the creep he was.
Plus, how gross it is that he pitched this in the same year that Harold Ramis passed away. I guess... I can't believe I'm thinking this but good thing Amy Pascal schemed behind Ivan Reitman's back and got Answer The Call made instead which made sure this pitch only lived for 2 weeks.
I was thinking the same thing. I remember this pitch. I hated that Ray spends most of this pitch feeling sorry for himself and is killed off. Yeah he goes out a hero, but God this climax sounded bad. I didn't like the idea that Slimer was once human. I prefer the idea that Slimer was something that was accidently conjured up by a ritual gone wrong. I hate the fact that Peter just ignores Rays phone call. I feel that is an assination of a character. I know Venkman is a cocky con man, but I never thought he was that big an A hole. I really don't get the impression that Max Landis understands the characters. I will say he was very energetic in his pitch, but it feels really off brand. ;)

Yeah I am glad that Answer The Call got made and kept this train wreck from becoming a reality. All the stars lined up to where we got Afterlife and where we are now. I think Landis's vision would have really killed the franchise. :):):)
mrmichaelt liked this
With Slimers human characteristics it's difficult to imagine he was just summoned. Before Feig "came up" with his back story I liked the idea of his death being centered around the 1920's, 1930's. The RGB episode Live From Al Capone's tomb depicts Slimer as a mobster. With the spuds never ending appetite it would have been easy to picture Slimer being a crime boss dying of a heart attack in an Italian diner.
Bit of an odd one for me.
I'll be honest, I've really enjoyed a few of Max's projects - specifically American Ultra, Mr. Right and Dirk Gently - but read about his horrendous behaviour a couple of years ago and can't help but hate and loath the guy ever since... even if I do still enjoy some of his earlier stuff.

However, his treatment truly sucks.

ATC wasn't my cup of tea - but I'm now even more grateful it got made... over Max's version.
Irrespective of my personal feelings about ATC, it's still full of positivity and helped inspire a new generation of fans - what I'm trying to say is... the kids loved it. And at least it wasn't written by a complete ***t.
Dr.D, mrmichaelt, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
Also, if a few guys came up to me wearing suits and said "We're Mobius" I would probably close the door. If they really wanted to use a secret cover-up name, maybe don't go with something that sounds sinister.

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]