Hi all -

I recently purchased a pre-order of the Hasbro proton pack off ebay. The user said they are from the Clarion County Ghost Corps (Tim). I tried doing my best to research them, but haven't come across anything confirming they actually exist. Would anyone be able to confirm? Just trying to make sure they are legit since it's a long time before it would start shipping.

Any help would be appreciated!

(Also- Not sure if this is the right place to post this so apologies in advance)
ccv66 liked this
What's ebay's policy? Are you covered that far out? Will Hasbro transfer and ship it directly to you? ( It would make sense that people move between purchases and shipping) I'm sure there's going to be plenty shells available. Alot of people bought extra to resell. Id wait until people have them in hand. Unless you got a decent deal, but a great deal is probably fake
prodestrian, rkavanagh liked this
I thought it was against eBay's policies to sell something which won't ship within 30 days?

Unfortunately if you get to Spring 2023 and find that their eBay account has vanished, you may not be able to get a refund. I'd check eBay's refund policies to be clear on whether this is possible this long after the purchase date.

I can't find any reference to this group either, they could be completely made up, or they're so small that they have no online presence yet.
rkavanagh liked this
It's never recommendable to purchase high pricetag items that are being advertised as preorders on eBay. It's one thing to preorder through a recognised retailer, like Big Bad Toy Store or Zavvi, which generally have established reputations for being able to get stock... eBay users can't provide the same sort of guarantee they can provide the item... If it's even their intention to provide a product at all.
rkavanagh, prodestrian liked this
I'd only buy a preorder off someone with an account in very good standing, and perhaps be able to speak to them after the purchase (while you're still in the 2-4 week cancellation window for PayPal/ebay). If it passes the sniff test, I'd go for it.

If someone were somehow selling more than 5 for example, or had a very low value/new eBay account that might be more cause for concern.
rkavanagh, prodestrian liked this
Yes, he was selling 6 of them saying the Clarion County, PA Ghost Corps purchased 50 altogether. I asked where his ghostbusters group was located and if they had contact info, but never heard back. I spoke with eBay and they recommended initiating a return so I started that process. He mailed me a piece of paper as confirmation so far and I still haven't heard anything from him. I'm assuming they don't actually exist at this point, unfortunately.
prodestrian liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]