Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By NPO
Hello everyone,

Not good at these, but I'll give it a try - I'm NPO from the Dayton, OH area. First saw GBs back in 1988 - I was all of 6 at the time. Mom and dad got me the Kenner's proton pack, and me and a couple other kids all had them running through the neighborhood being the GBs. Saw GB2 in the theaters back in 89, and have loved those 2 movies and the 80s cartoon since then. Got in-invigorated when Afterlife came out and decided to take the plunge and buy a BOK Proton Pack w/Wand in August 2022. It took until mid-December for the pack to finally get here - was definitely not Ben's fault - the courier system and customs from UK to US is simply atrocious.

I have a fair amount of experience in working on old cars covering a wide variety of activities from changing bulbs to swapping/converting transmissions.

I also love playing and restoring pinball machines.

I don't show these photos to brag or "look at me" - more to give some credence to my experiences and background.
Guess what I am saying: I have some skills turning wrenches, doing electrical work, etc. - BUT - this is the first movie prop I have ever taken on, so I am quite a "new guy" in this department. Simple things like what glues to use, how to know what components go where, do I sand before priming, what options are there for sound PCBs, etc. I have zero experience with - this is a whole new world for me, so I'll probably ask every mouth-breathing question you can think of : ).

I'll actually take this opportunity to ask: are there any good start threads or any "go to" threads of a "from scratch" build I can review or reference here? I know BOK has his own FB page (which I am a member of); however, I am eager to learn from others experiences on these forums. I'm constantly searching and looking through threads, and if someone knows of a thread that would be a good reference, I'm all ears and ready to learn!

My goal is to get the pack together and fully functional by end of 2023 - we'll see what happens. Thanks for taking the time to read my intro!
Last edited by NPO on January 2nd, 2023, 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ccv66 liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]