Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By zacharymontoya
I was just wondering if anyone is an actual doctor or works in a science related field. I'm working on my Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering. I'm thinking about going all the way to a PhD. Dr. Batman!

Back off man, I'm a scientist!
By Borzou
I am a dentist and I also have my masters and bachelors in biology.
By Maximus727
My formal degree is in Aeronautical Science (BS) but I've continued my own study in physics for many years. One thing I've found is that there are many interesting things going on in science that you will never get in a classroom. I love the bleeding edge of science. Things that may turn out to be completely wrong, or may be the next revolution. As Arthur Schopenhauer said "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." :) Stay hungry, my friend. The truth is out there!
One time liked this
By One time
Maximus727 wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:31 am My formal degree is in Aeronautical Science (BS) but I've continued my own study in physics for many years. One thing I've found is that there are many interesting things going on in science that you will never get in a classroom. I love the bleeding edge of science. Things that may turn out to be completely wrong, or may be the next revolution. As Arthur Schopenhauer said "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." :) Stay hungry, my friend. The truth is out there!
I wonder how strongly scientific people throughout history felt that they knew all there was to know about everything. We are at 2023AD.
By jsfoster
I am a Health Physicist. For all you guys that will ask “what is that?”, it’s basically the science and engineering of radiation protection, I help people work safely around radioactive materials. Maybe I see what I want to see here, but there are a lot of similarities between health physics and ghostbusting. In both professions 1.) we get to wear cool coveralls and use very specialized instrumentation, 2.) the public has no idea how or why our instrumentation works, 3.) no one believes you when you tell them what’s really happening, 4.) you’re considered a quack scientist or that you’re fabricating the truth unless, of course, there is an emergency, in which case you are essential to resolving the problem, 5.) you’re asked for your advice but it is disregarded, 6.) those who willfully disregarded said advice will inevitably screw up a situation, and even blame you for not stopping them from screwing up aforementioned .
By AlwaysSpooky
Actually, yes! I teach at a University of Applied Sciences, mainly statistics and research methods, but I love to include television or movie quotes into my lectures. And once in a while I end the semester with funny video clips for all my students. The latest two videos included the Haslab Proton Pack, but not as a Ghostbusters replica, but as a "Dustbuster" (just the wand) and a oven cleaner (the Proton Pack)... end every time it either opens a transdimensional portal or causes the Big Bang :-) Most of my students find these videos funny, unfortunately they are in German only... But truth to be told: Many young people do not recognize the Ghostbusters or their movie replicas.
By Cane
Molecular biologist here :-D working on interactions between plants and microorganisms...no ghost here, only a lot of PCR reactions :roll::lol:

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]