NoahVoiding wrote: January 25th, 2023, 10:45 pm
gamera1968 wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 10:17 am

What's this? I'm very interested! Please show us when you can!! :O
Prototype Video is up on my Instagram
Playday_TNG
Starting production as soon as soon as all my bulk parts arrive.
Checking the video out right now and this is what we need - no soldering! I am definitely down for this!!
I do have a question though, does the rumble motor to be active for the plug and play board to work?
I was thinking of completely removing the one from my pack as I'm not a fan of it - too much mooing. :D

EDIT: a word
NoahVoiding wrote: January 25th, 2023, 10:44 pm
Yanks1023 wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 7:54 am

What is this plug and play always alive mod you speak of? LOL....Need this. Please post soon!
Playday_TNG
@NoahVoiding Count me in as well... Can't wait unit this is released!!!
Last edited by nadeaup25 on January 27th, 2023, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
It seems that a lot of us are interested in the plug and play Keep Alive board - and I would definitely want to possibly get one by the end of March in time for MegaCon Orlando!

This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Yanks1023 wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 7:54 am

What is this plug and play always alive mod you speak of? LOL....Need this. Please post soon!
Playday_TNG
Very nice! I installed a relay board in mine a few nights ago (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFT2WDS?re ... CK3VZ&th=1 ) to achieve the keep alive. I’m finding that I can have it stay on for 183 seconds, and off for 2.1 seconds when in Afterlife mode. If I’m running it in 1984 mode, it has to stay off for 3 full seconds or it won’t turn back on.

Video here:https://m.facebook.com/groups/haslabpro ... 142809612/

trekgod3 liked this
gamera1968 wrote: January 26th, 2023, 6:37 am

Playday_TNG
Checking the video out right now and this is what we need - no soldering! I am definitely down for this!!
I do have a question though, does the rumble motor to be active for the plug and play board to work?
I was thinking of completely removing the one from my pack as I'm not a fan of it - too much mooing. :D

If you check out the instagram post it’s mentioned in the comments that the rumble doesn’t need to be on. I don’t like mine either so that’s good news.

However, it is also mentioned that the plug and play option will not stop the wand from turning the pack off.

My hope would be that wand modification instructions would be released for those of us inclined to DIY it. Either way grateful to have stumbled upon this community where at least I have a chance of getting these mods thanks to all these helpful people!
gamera1968 liked this
Repeater Venkman wrote: January 28th, 2023, 6:18 am

If you check out the instagram post it’s mentioned in the comments that the rumble doesn’t need to be on. I don’t like mine either so that’s good news.

However, it is also mentioned that the plug and play option will not stop the wand from turning the pack off.

My hope would be that wand modification instructions would be released for those of us inclined to DIY it. Either way grateful to have stumbled upon this community where at least I have a chance of getting these mods thanks to all these helpful people!
Thanks, that was me on IG (SpaceWizardCosplay) who asked the question about the rumble motor, I just forgot b/c I was busy at work. That's also a good thing. I just hope that the plug and play will solve all of the built-in limitations by Hasbro.
I agree, things have progressed much quicker than any of us had expected, which is a good thing! :)

Playday_TNG

That looks awesome!
Does your pack mod also keep the wand alive? I have not figured out how to keep the wand alive without surgery inside the wand.
Sorry I’m not posting on here much. I’m just not a huge fan of the format. I feel like I’m back in 1999. Anywho, I’ll drop the bomb on here first, cause I’m probably going to just stick with my IG page from now on for all updates since fielding all the questions in my PM’s has become quite the task. I should be releasing an install video for the plug and play between Wednesday or Friday next week on my IG. From there, I’ll be sending units out to a few predominant members of the community to install and review themselves. (Already filled those spots). Expect ordering info to follow immediately after the installation video. 🚫👻
jonogunn, gamera1968 liked this
NoahVoiding wrote: January 29th, 2023, 7:08 am Sorry I’m not posting on here much. I’m just not a huge fan of the format. I feel like I’m back in 1999. Anywho, I’ll drop the bomb on here first, cause I’m probably going to just stick with my IG page from now on for all updates since fielding all the questions in my PM’s has become quite the task. I should be releasing an install video for the plug and play between Wednesday or Friday next week on my IG. From there, I’ll be sending units out to a few predominant members of the community to install and review themselves. (Already filled those spots). Expect ordering info to follow immediately after the installation video. 🚫👻
There is no stay alive for the wand right?

Also I know you don’t have a figure for the price yet and I don’t want to put you on the spot but can you give some idea of the cost? I never know when it comes to these type of things how much they could be
Not to remove any desire for other kits, but I do want to let you know that the Pack KeepAlive kit I am working on currently is defined as:
1) No soldering
2) Regulated power supply for use with a 12V rechargeable battery OR still uses the 4x D batteries, just not both
3) Fixes the 3 minute ON and 5 minute OFF timeout. Wand connection not needed.
4) When a wand is attached and detected, the wand always controls the pack on and off when attached. An un-modded wand will usually shut the pack off after a short amount of time once turned on.
5) If you also have the wand keep alive board installed in the wand:
5a) Wand can stay on indefinitely
5b) Wand rumble motor can stay on indefinitely (probably!)
5c) Still has a limited fire time, but it does not have to shut down the pack.
5d) Support for controlling a smoke kit from the wand (would also require my vent relay and some smoke kit)

So...
Only installing a Wand Keep Alive will keep an unmodded pack running. Soldering is required. The main issue is if you leave the wand off for more than 5 minutes, the pack will cut power to wand so it will not be able to start up the pack.

Only installing a Pack Keep Alive will not keep the wand alive, but can have the pack run continually if you do not use the wand. No soldering required.

Both a Wand Keep Alive and Pack Keep Alive solves almost all of the timeouts, enables easy 12V battery connection and also some reasonable chance at having a way to control a smoke kit from the wand.

Sorry - no cost estimates yet, and it will probably be a few months before I can get a run of these kits if all goes well and that may be a big factor in purchase decisions.

Is there still interest in this, or are other solutions more compelling?
NoahVoiding wrote: January 29th, 2023, 7:08 am Sorry I’m not posting on here much. I’m just not a huge fan of the format. I feel like I’m back in 1999. Anywho, I’ll drop the bomb on here first, cause I’m probably going to just stick with my IG page from now on for all updates since fielding all the questions in my PM’s has become quite the task. I should be releasing an install video for the plug and play between Wednesday or Friday next week on my IG. From there, I’ll be sending units out to a few predominant members of the community to install and review themselves. (Already filled those spots). Expect ordering info to follow immediately after the installation video. 🚫👻
Understandable, it can be overwhelming when the community is itching for a solution that shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. (Thanks, Hasbro!) I'll be sure to follow you on IG. Having a viable, cost-worthy fix in time for MegaCon would be nice. (Late March)
Yanks1023 liked this
Spongeface wrote: January 29th, 2023, 1:37 pm Not to remove any desire for other kits, but I do want to let you know that the Pack KeepAlive kit I am working on currently is defined as:
1) No soldering
2) Regulated power supply for use with a 12V rechargeable battery OR still uses the 4x D batteries, just not both
3) Fixes the 3 minute ON and 5 minute OFF timeout. Wand connection not needed.
4) When a wand is attached and detected, the wand always controls the pack on and off when attached. An un-modded wand will usually shut the pack off after a short amount of time once turned on.
5) If you also have the wand keep alive board installed in the wand:
5a) Wand can stay on indefinitely
5b) Wand rumble motor can stay on indefinitely (probably!)
5c) Still has a limited fire time, but it does not have to shut down the pack.
5d) Support for controlling a smoke kit from the wand (would also require my vent relay and some smoke kit)

So...
Only installing a Wand Keep Alive will keep an unmodded pack running. Soldering is required. The main issue is if you leave the wand off for more than 5 minutes, the pack will cut power to wand so it will not be able to start up the pack.

Only installing a Pack Keep Alive will not keep the wand alive, but can have the pack run continually if you do not use the wand. No soldering required.

Both a Wand Keep Alive and Pack Keep Alive solves almost all of the timeouts, enables easy 12V battery connection and also some reasonable chance at having a way to control a smoke kit from the wand.

Sorry - no cost estimates yet, and it will probably be a few months before I can get a run of these kits if all goes well and that may be a big factor in purchase decisions.

Is there still interest in this, or are other solutions more compelling?

While I'd love to have a no solder option for the wand, this sounds perfect for the pack. I'd love to have it. (I'd also like to get the wand mod too just to keep it alive too. It'd make the pack perfect imo even if I have solder. Worst case I have to buy another Plasma series wand.)
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

PRConlon wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:57 am

Playday_TNG
Very nice! I installed a relay board in mine a few nights ago (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFT2WDS?re ... CK3VZ&th=1 ) to achieve the keep alive. I’m finding that I can have it stay on for 183 seconds, and off for 2.1 seconds when in Afterlife mode. If I’m running it in 1984 mode, it has to stay off for 3 full seconds or it won’t turn back on.

Can you post a video or more detailed instructions for this? Show how the timer is programmed?
jonogunn wrote: January 29th, 2023, 7:34 am
There is no stay alive for the wand right?

Also I know you don’t have a figure for the price yet and I don’t want to put you on the spot but can you give some idea of the cost? I never know when it comes to these type of things how much they could be
If you follow my IG, I’ll be posting all this info probably Thursday when I release the install video.

trekgod3 wrote: January 30th, 2023, 4:28 am
PRConlon wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:57 am

Can you post a video or more detailed instructions for this? Show how the timer is programmed?
This Amazon timer mod doesn’t actually keep the pack on though right? It just turns it off and back on again automatically? I imagine it’s like someone standing behind you and flipping the switch off, then back on every few minutes. That’s why the video has no sound? Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
trekgod3 liked this
gamera1968 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 8:24 pm
Understandable, it can be overwhelming when the community is itching for a solution that shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. (Thanks, Hasbro!) I'll be sure to follow you on IG. Having a viable, cost-worthy fix in time for MegaCon would be nice. (Late March)
Definitely ready by end of March. Preorders go live this week along with the installation video. It’s a limited first run though, so be quick. I’m taking everyone on a first come first serve basis until I’m sold out. Sponge face is right though. If you really want it to work right in every conceivable situation, you’ll need a mod for the wand. Unless you just want the pack to stay running and the wand off for walking around. However… I’m also opening a wand mod service too. So I can mod your wand, and send the plug & play kit for the pack back with it for you to install yourself. Wands are much easier to send than packs 😊🚫👻
gamera1968 liked this
NoahVoiding wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:35 am
gamera1968 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 8:24 pm

Definitely ready by end of March. Preorders go live this week along with the installation video. It’s a limited first run though, so be quick. I’m taking everyone on a first come first serve basis until I’m sold out. Sponge face is right though. If you really want it to work right in every conceivable situation, you’ll need a mod for the wand. Unless you just want the pack to stay running and the wand off for walking around. However… I’m also opening a wand mod service too. So I can mod your wand, and send the plug & play kit for the pack back with it for you to install yourself. Wands are much easier to send than packs 😊🚫👻
Thank you, and I am definitely interested. I'm sure most of the busters in my group would also like to get one. (wink, wink)
However, I have no intention of opening up my wand. I'm okay with just the pack running by itself, so thank you for your services!!
NoahVoiding liked this
Repeater Venkman wrote: January 28th, 2023, 6:18 am

Version 3.0 now stops the wand from turning the pack off. So, no wand mod required unless you want the wand lights to be on always with the pack. And even if you do have a modded wand, it knows, and adjusts. Wand time out will not turn the pack off, wand overheat sequences will not turn the pack off. Physically turning the wand off will not turn the pack off. And once you flip the mod switch off, everything goes right back to factory settings. All plug and play. Installs in less than 30 seconds once you remove the back of the pack. Launching tomorrow on my instagram page Playday_TNG.
All other info will be posted tomorrow after the installation video is presented, and we go live for a demonstration.
Last edited by NoahVoiding on February 2nd, 2023, 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
kahuna900, gamera1968 liked this
NoahVoiding wrote: February 1st, 2023, 10:09 pm Version 3.0 now stops the wand from turning the pack off. So, no wand mod required unless you want the wand lights to be on always with the pack. And even if you do have a modded wand, it knows, and adjusts. Wand time out will not turn the pack off, wand overheat sequences will not turn the pack off. Physically turning the wand off will not turn the pack off. And once you flip the mod switch off, everything goes right back to factory settings. All plug and play. Installs in less than 30 seconds once you remove the back of the pack. Launching tomorrow on my instagram page Playday_TNG.
Limited first run. First come first serve. All other info for ordering, price etc will be posted tomorrow after the installation video is presented, and we go live for a demonstration.
Just be aware if you want to advertise anything for sale on here then you need to buy a supporting membership. Details on that in the For Sale sub-forum.
kahuna900 liked this
NoahVoiding wrote: February 1st, 2023, 10:09 pmVersion 3.0 now stops the wand from turning the pack off. So, no wand mod required unless you want the wand lights to be on always with the pack. And even if you do have a modded wand, it knows, and adjusts. Wand time out will not turn the pack off, wand overheat sequences will not turn the pack off. Physically turning the wand off will not turn the pack off. And once you flip the mod switch off, everything goes right back to factory settings. All plug and play. Installs in less than 30 seconds once you remove the back of the pack. Launching tomorrow on my instagram page Playday_TNG.
All other info will be posted tomorrow after the installation video is presented, and we go live for a demonstration.
Looks like a good easy option but the price is just a bit out of my price range at the moment. I was hoping for closer to $50. Not saying it's not worth it to some, but I'll wait to see what a few others come up with and price. :)
trekgod3 liked this

Playday_TNG
I can't seem to find the installation video on the instagram you mention.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]