Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
After seeing so many people reporting they got an email from Hasbro and their FedEx apps updating to show their packs had shipped, my FedEx app finally updated!! Both tracking numbers they gave me have been cancelled. Never gave an estimated delivery date and haven't received any emails from Hasbro. Happy Friday the 13th!
TobinsGuide wrote: January 12th, 2023, 2:54 pm
dantonvfx wrote: January 12th, 2023, 1:49 pm

I have the same question!! And wondered if I missed anything. When he compares his version witht he stock one... its clear that the stock weathering is different. He also mentiones it how the stock was too chunky. SO I wonder if he just got a special one weathere dwith more care... or if he just rmeoved the weathering. In that case.. HOW THE HELL did he did it>????
Probably a rubdown with 91% isopropyl alcohol. You don't want to use too stringent stuff on plastic. That with a little high grit sandpaper should remove most decals or paint from plastic and if it doesn't then you paint black over it.
Would that working on the etco 1 popcorn bucket? I was thinking of painting mine.
Ok this is is odd. I signed up for Fed Ex to email me, text me, call me. Everything. Suddenly last night I get a phone call on a number I didn’t provide saying a Fed Ex package is coming today and they gave me a tracking number. The tracking number says the item is 6 pounds(that seems a little light) but the dimensions are 37x18x17 inches.

Haslab still shows my order as unfulfilled and this item shipping is coming from Quebec(Dorsal). I’m in Ontario Canada.

So can anyone confirm with me please what dimensions their package was? I’m thinking this HAS to be it but what’s odd is Fed Ex called the one phone number I have that I never provided them. No email, no text. No nothing. Just a call with an automated message giving me a tracking #.

What’s also weird is I ordered 5 of these bad boys but it seems I’m only getting 1 at the moment. If that’s that this is? It has ti be tho. I’m not expecting anything else
RichardLess wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:01 am Ok this is is odd. I signed up for Fed Ex to email me, text me, call me. Everything. Suddenly last night I get a phone call on a number I didn’t provide saying a Fed Ex package is coming today and they gave me a tracking number. The tracking number says the item is 6 pounds(that seems a little light) but the dimensions are 37x18x17 inches.
Nothing yet in Victoria, hoping to get some kind of notification today... i need my gear!!
Somebody told me to post over here. For you guys who want a more accurate 1984 mode, I tapped into the cyclotron LEDs on my pack and the 3 LED setup on each light window, when turned into just the 1 middle LED on (and the 2 side ones off) for 1984 mode looks much better.

84 mode light mod demo.

Now that I have control over the cyclotron LEDs, I added a ramp up effect in 2021 mode and a anti-clockwise / clockwise toggle switch.
Nighty80, kahuna900, jonogunn and 3 others liked this
kahuna900 wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:03 am
Nighty80 wrote: January 13th, 2023, 6:07 am Success!
How in the heck did you do that? It looked pretty permanent and I couldn't figure it out.
After poking around between the sleeve and plastic connector I found mine was only held on by a single patch of glue.
As I didn’t want to cut into the sleeve until after I’d released it (in case it was ugly/whatever underneath), I worked through the gap and released the glue. It’s quite tough glue and fairly stiff rubber, but go slow and don’t use anything metal - I used a couple of plastic spudgers.
Once the glue was released and I could slide the sleeve down the hose, I could see the hose bonds directly with the connector as I’d hoped, so simply sliced down the centre line of the sleeve.
(Be careful though as it would be easy to cut/mark the hose; I inserted something in between the sleeve and hose as a protective barrier as I cut gently with a scalpel).

I’ve wrapped the connector and a couple of spots up the hose with black tape and I’m really pleased with the difference
Last edited by Nighty80 on January 13th, 2023, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
gpstar wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:45 am Somebody told me to post over here. For you guys who want a more accurate 1984 mode, I tapped into the cyclotron LEDs on my pack and the 3 LED setup on each light window, when turned into just the 1 middle LED on (and the 2 side ones off) for 1984 mode looks much better.

84 mode light mod demo.

Now that I have control over the cyclotron LEDs, I added a ramp up effect in 2021 mode and a anti-clockwise / clockwise toggle switch.
I’ve been following your progress in your mod thread - just wanted to say thanks for all your work on this, ‘84 mode with single LEDs looks so much better!
Nighty80 wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:50 am
kahuna900 wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:03 am How in the heck did you do that? It looked pretty permanent and I couldn't figure it out.
After poking around between the sleeve and plastic connector I found mine was only held on by a single patch of glue...
Ah, gotcha. It's a permanent change cutting it off the loom.
trekgod3 wrote: January 13th, 2023, 4:04 pm VideoBob crapping all over the Haslab pack, comparing it to one of his $3500 packs
He's just having a tantrum because these have substantially decreased his potential customer base and are gonna cut into his profit margins - ultimately it's better to just ignore him.
kahuna900, One time, trekgod3 and 3 others liked this
gpstar wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:45 am Somebody told me to post over here. For you guys who want a more accurate 1984 mode, I tapped into the cyclotron LEDs on my pack and the 3 LED setup on each light window, when turned into just the 1 middle LED on (and the 2 side ones off) for 1984 mode looks much better.

84 mode light mod demo.

First off: that's some DAMN fine work! Love the mods you did! Did you post how you did them? I have pretty much been of the mind that I'm not going to change anything about my pack except maybe the yellow flex tube, but this has me reconsidering.

Second: looks like a great X Metal collection you have going on there!
Were those an Ice and Fire Romeo and a Ruby Juliet I spotted?
Ryusui wrote: January 13th, 2023, 6:40 pm

84 mode light mod demo.

First off: that's some DAMN fine work! Love the mods you did! Did you post how you did them? I have pretty much been of the mind that I'm not going to change anything about my pack except maybe the yellow flex tube, but this has me reconsidering.

Second: looks like a great X Metal collection you have going on there!
Were those an Ice and Fire Romeo and a Ruby Juliet I spotted?
Follow his thread here: https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50438
Ryusui liked this
WhoaFoogles wrote: January 13th, 2023, 7:11 pm Looks like WireCare's out of stock, but they know exactly what that specific color is being used for.[/url] Good job, WireCare marketing team.
Yeah, I told Michelle a few weeks ago. The wirecare team are really friendly people. Cool how they added that banner to the item now :)

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]