By Sploinker
Hey all!

I've always felt that the trap pedal from the movies looked kinda clunky and potentially fragile compared with the trap pedal from the RGB show, so I thought I'd try to make a hybrid. I want to create a pedal that is similar in form to the RGB one but looks like it belongs in the movies. With that in mind, I tried to model the "light box" portion with similar proportions to a Hammond project box, as well as have it use the foster coupler. I've also designed it so electronics can be incorporated in where a switch is triggered when you depress the pedal. I have successfully 3D printed it but I've already found a couple areas which I'd like to tweak, so another print is in my future :-)

Future areas of improvement
  • Print translucent white and red lights via resin printer or mold and cast
  • Figure out a way to hang it on your belt/trap, potentially add a ribbon cable loop similar to original trap pedal
  • Figure out the necessary electronics to make it "functional"
Appreciate any thoughts or feedback!

thanks!
Scott

CitizenBuster, Kingpin, DoctorPepper and 2 others liked this
By virusxero
I think this is a pretty cool look. I always liked the RGB trap a lot since, like you mentioned, it looks a lot less fragile and like it'd take less space/be easier to carry around.

I'd love to see this perfected.
Sploinker liked this
By gamera1968
I also like your take on the pedal, and I agree about the movie version of the pedals look very delicate and clunky.

Here, you earned it :crunch:
Sploinker liked this
By Macktacular
gamera1968 wrote: February 14th, 2023, 7:06 pm I also like your take on the pedal, and I agree about the movie version of the pedals look very delicate and clunky.
I agree, the movie pedal really does look like a "okay this is something I just rigged up to get us by until I have the parts / time / money to make a proper one later" and then it never got made. This is a really good design, excellent work.
gamera1968 liked this

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]